#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

More from the polio fundraiser yesterday:

clay_zpsdcff08fb.jpg

clay1_zpsb84f8f85.jpg

Nancy Barbee added 7 new photos — with David Baggett and 5 others.

8 hrs · Fayetteville, NC ·

Polio fund raiser sponsored by Fayetteville Rotary and SENCAIA ! At DGN Dave and Magda Baggett's house! Clay Aiken came to show his support as well as the mayor of Fayetteville! Here you see DG Vanessa presenting a PHF!

The initialisms in the post stand for various posts in the Rotary Club.

clay2_zps935c9683.jpg

Bryan Littleton

22 hrs

Ran into this guy at the Lee County Fair last night....good luck Clay! — with Cheryl Jeffries Littleton.

VI.X.MCMXCVII ❤️

‏@Jayciduwop

Anyway selfie with @clayaiken

Another appearance tonight

Wake Young Dems ‏@wakeyd Apr 1

Join us for #selfieswithClay with @clayaiken at the @TriTavRaleigh, TONIGHT at 6:30pm. 6004 Falls of Neuse Rd #ncpol

image_zps47f315aa.jpg

Ben Niemann

1 hr near Dunn, NC

Just met Clay Aiken at Cracker Barrel. Sarah was too embarrassed to ask for a picture, so Thing 1 and I took the opportunity to snap a shot.

clay_zps648c1e9a.jpg

April Smith For Judge

2 hrs ·

Join the winning team in Support of April! Even Candidate for NC 2nd Congressional District and American Idol Veteran, Clay Aiken says yes for April.

‪#‎April4Judge‬

Bxg793lCQAAsJqZ_zps533d45fd.jpg

Kelsey Lockner ‏@Kelseylock16 3m

Casually meeting Clay Aiken pic.twitter.com/3EXg2yiX0j

10632877_952953591386510_8647230010262421433_n_zps25c4db12.jpg

Joann Pope Mclaurin

1 hr near Dunn, NC

Ran into Clay Aiken at lunch today.

clay_zpsec49e700.jpg

Sydney Grace ‏@sydneygferrell

So...met Clay Aiken today at a Cracker Barrel! #selfiewithclay

clay_zps908d80f5.jpg

jessicaquilter

about 3 hours ago

and then this....clay aiken at cracker barrel!!!! #clayaiken he is the nicest guy!!! @carnelcm

clay_zps07b2fb3f.jpg

safety_pinned_heart

about 7 hours ago

i met clay aiken at a #leecountyyellowjackets game

#clayaiken #americanidol

Email from Team Clay

Good afternoon, CA4NC Gold Members!

It is time to reveal last week's raffle winner. Everyone, please join me in congratulating COOKIE OUSLEY of Peoria, AZ. Cookie, you are the recipient of a personalized copy of Clay's 2006 "A Thousand Different Ways" album.

CA4NC Gold Circle Weekly Raffle #12

This week’s raffle prize is:

A personalized Clay Aiken for North Carolina campaign yard sign

The next raffle winner will be announced on Monday, September 22nd.

Thank you and good luck!

Eric Cannon

Clay Aiken For North Carolina

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

claydc_zps442224ae.jpg

Daniel Wise

I just met Clay Aiken. Seriously! — with Michael McGreevy.

claydc1_zpsc1705c4e.jpg

Daniel Wise

Follow · 2 hrs

I was really AIKEN for a selfie...

claydc3_zps65b801ff.jpg

Karl Frisch

42 mins

Had fun with Evan tonight at a fundraiser for Clay Aiken's campaign for Congress in North Carolina. http://clayaiken.com/ #clayfornc

claydc4_zpsa0e31c26.jpg

Brenda Small

1 hr

Attended a fundraiser this evening. Personal invite from a fellow REALTOR leader. Recognize this guy? Singer? American Idol? Yes, it's Clay Aiken. He's using his voice for a greater cause to speak out on issues that matter-veterans' homelessness, elevating quality of education in rural America and stimulating job creation to name a few. Clay is running to be the voice for the people of North Carolina in the Second District in Congress. Clay Aiken for North Carolina, www.clayaiken.com

I'm working on bringing a few recaps and selfies from people at CV who attended. The big news, though, I think I can share -- Ellmers has agreed to a debate! This should be fun!

I haven't watched much interview footage (no interest in US politics LOL) but even I would watch an Ellmers/Aiken debate! Bring it on!

Loving all the selfies. Ok, maybe he wasn't quite Clay Aiken but this past weekend I had an almost private concert with one of my favourite Canadian singers Darren Evorglens and posted my selfie with him on Facebook. :P

Of course I want Clay to win this election, but realistically it probably won't happen, from what I understand. I'm not sure what he will do if he doesn't win, but whatever he decides I hope it makes him happy, and it comes with less restrictions on public appearances (especially those with an international appeal).

The $200,000 question really will be: what will he do if he doesn't win? Now, I'm hoping he really does win, and it's sounding like he might be making some headway. But I'm also realist in regards to his being in a gerrymandered district. I too want him to be happy -- and I also really, really want for my Canadian friends to share my joy in following him!

From farouche at CV, reprinted with permission:

photo_copy_2_zpsca62e015.jpg

He gave a good talk, but covered the same points he usually does. (His background, starting the foundation, realizing he could use the microphone for something besides singing, etc.) It felt crowded, but then again it was a nice night out and we were all out on the host's bricked in patio, which was not that large. This was a crowd made up primarily of real estate people and/or people within the LGBT community (or both). I had a long talk with one guy who was surprised I was there since I am not in real estate. The crowd, to me, seemed very engaged and interested. Wanted to talk to him, wanted pictures taken with him. It seemed to me to be a successful event.

ahomolooksatforty.com (blog -- love the name!)

A Tale of Two Aikens

Yesterday I learned that an acquaintance passed away suddenly. Brian Aiken was about my age worked in the accounting industry in DC and really liked going to JRs, the bar where I would usually see him. In fact just last month I saw him there and our conversation was short and sweet. One thing about Brian is that if he even remotely recognized you he made sure to say hi and be warm. The details of his passing have not become clear, but what is clear is that he was too young. My thoughts go out to his family and his close friends.

Later in the day I attended a fundraiser for a candidate for Congress from North Carolina. Clay AIken. You might remember Clay Aiken, 35, for coming in 2nd onAmerican Idol a little over a decade ago and on The Apprentice more recently. The Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund recently endorsed his candidacy and I was looking forward to the chance to meet him. What a lot of people don’t know about Clay is that he auditioned for American Idol on a whim, and at the time was working with kids with autism. He has a degree in special education and he has a lot of thoughts about how education and how it is funded in the United States. I was really impressed with his knowledge of so many different issues, more than most Members I’ve been in contact with, and more importantly how realistic he was about his race. He’s running against a crazy Republican Incumbent, Renee Ellmers. She has done so much harm to her district in the name of voting along party lines. It is clear that Clay would be a much better representative to this district.

What would a Clay Aiken event be without a selfie??

10671387_10154610233225183_3847863702513736601_n_zpscefc920d.jpg

I asked him about his campaign strategy and his effort to turn out women. The incumbent Senator in North Carolina, Kay Hagan is in a tough re-election fight and it is so important to Democrats that she hold this seat. If she can turn out women, seh wins. If they don’t turn out, she loses. He started with how hisfanbase is mostly comprised of women… And how he is concentrating on turning out women and his role in doing that for Kay Hagan. So even if Clay doesn’t win – he’s running a tremendously positive race that could help tip the scales in the Senate race. I’m all about Clay Aiken for Congress!

I think there might be one person from here who is going, but I'm not positive. I'm also going to be somewhat unavailable this weekend -- hubby and I have plans for pretty much the entire weekend, but I'm sure I'll be able to check in.

Very cool that his JoeBros made it out for him!

From the event last night:

clay_zps9ea872cc.jpg

John Cassese

about an hour ago

Clay answering an important question. Yes simon is mean, randy is black and Paula is really really weird.

I HOPE this guy was being snarky...LOL.

From September 4?

image1_zps21f76d3c.jpg

image_zps0bc09985.jpg

image2_zpsc7c713b0.jpg

http://chathamhabitat.org/two-new-homes-dedicated/

Chatham Habitat for Humanity

Additionally, we welcomed Representative Robert Rieves and Candidate for NC’s 2nd District Clay Aiken, both of whom offered kind words and generous congratulations to the families.

It's me!!! I will be at the Gala! It would have been my 45th wedding anniversary so I made the decision to do something fun instead of moping around the house.

My DH loved me going on my little trips with the "girls" and really encouraged me so he'd be the first one telling me to go.

Cool beans, merrieeee! I wish I could have you text me over the weekend, but I think my hubby would be a little miffed with me (on a weekend that he's pampering me!) if I started cooing over my boyfriend! Heh.

Found on CV: a YouTube clip on why Clay is running. Looks to have been taped at one of the fundraisers. Have to leave now, but will watch later (it's 17 minutes long!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i17T2ESGSo