#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

This one is kinda sorta public though, so I'm posting it! From Ken Arpino on Twitter:

Ken Arpino ‏@KenArpino

TY NYC event #3! Fun nite- gorgeous guests- great cause! @ClayForNC #claymates #bowling #stupidtwitterlessdrewlost

Bowling_Two_zps20387eb6.jpg

It's the same with this one...another Joe Bros, the one known as "stupidtwitterlessdrew" actually has an Instagram account! He posted this one with the hashtag #aikenbowlingleague.

post-11-0-23023200-1412336698_thumb.jpg

From 2old4Clay at CV, reprinted with permission. DO NOT POST ON FACEBOOK OR TWITTER -- PLEASE AND THANKS!

post-5519-1412311561_zpsb07332a9.jpg

My selfie with Clay, he asked me where my bowling shirt was so I put on the green plaid for the picture. Also had him autograph it for me

Definitely one of best events I've been to. So much interaction with Clay and Nick..

I was having a blast and I actually got a strike and a spare. Lots of picture and some video taken by many.

It was so great having Clay and Nick changing lanes and bowling for 'us' I will say no one there was any better than the rest, lots of gutter balls, including Clay and Nick. Drew and Ken were bowling too and appeared to be having as much fun as everyone else.

TC email.

Next Monday, October 6th, Clay has his first debate against Congresswoman Ellmers. The one-hour debate will air at 7pm on WRAL.

Before you tune in to watch the debate, please join your friends and neighbors for phone banks across the district. Click here to join us.

Congresswoman Ellmers has shown time and time again that her priorities are in the wrong place. Clay believes that it’s time for Congress and its leaders to put partisanship aside and do what is right for the country. He will always work to represent North Carolina, not party leaders or the special interests in Washington.

This week’s strong poll results show that Clay’s message is working. Help us keep the momentum going by taking action and sharing our message next Monday.

Thank you for your support.

Jimmy Dahman

Field Director

Clay Aiken for North Carolina

He tweeted about the debate.

@ClayForNC: The @NCBankers debate on @WRAL is Monday at 7pm! Watch Clay talk issues for WRAL's election coverage: http://t.co/suDdXxF9yU #ncpol #nc02

Retweet from Clay.

@OraTV: .@clayaiken tells @kingsthings about his push to unseat @RepReneeEllmers on #PoliticKING http://t.co/PbRLKAfKCE #NC02 http://t.co/ijhGKDk3nr

• Like 1

From claysotted at CV, used with permission:

Red Report I had a blast! :eeerun: What fun! I loved meeting in person for the very first time: dancermom, 2old4Clay, farouche, Winkatme, Marilyn, Vertigo, babbyd, clayzedover, msidolfan, and I know I'm missing a few others. It was great to meet & spend time with y'all! :happykitty:

So, First DH & I had reservations for dinner at Sardi's. DH & I didn't request any special table, or anything. But, lo & behold, the maitre d' seated us at a table & directly facing me, right above DH's head was:

Sardi__s_zps3b5d1c1a.jpg

Out of all the tables, and all the caricatures, in a very crowded restaurant, that's where we were seated. Cue the twilight zone music! :P

On to the bowling event: I didn't bowl, but enjoyed watching everyone else. Nick is a doll & so handsome! :lovesmiley2: And Clay looked great - I mean wonderful, and the color of that bowling shirt was just perfect for him. :thudmats: He seemed happy & relaxed. And Nick introduced DH to Clay & they both shook hands with him.

As for me, here is my selfie with Clay. (not the best pic of me, because of the weird shadow on my cheek, not to mention my goofy expression. :blush: Clay, of course, looked perfect.)

Me_and_Clay_Selfie_zps5715cab4.jpg

From Marilyn at CV, reprinted with permission:

OMG What a fun fun night this was!!

I met dancermom at Penn Station and we walked a bit trying to find a taxi. Finally did and we rode uptown to the Goldbar. We met winkatme & claytonsmyccf outside and we waited a little bit outside of the restaurant.

A few people came out, and then Nick came out with an umbrella. He is so handsome and nice!! He asked us if we had been waiting long and I said seven hours! I think his hair stood on end! But then I told him only about 15 minutes. A little bit later Ken opened the door and let us in.

Isaiah Thomas was standing there and greeted us and I shook his hand. He is handsome also!! And yes, its the basketball player because Clay told us so later on!

Stephen Hill was there, and so was his mother Wanda, who he writes about in his blog about her devotion to Clay. I think her son is feeling it too- you could not help it!! Resistance is futile!!

There were a LOT of folks there, but only a handful were not fans. Stephen introduced Clay and Clays speech was so impassioned and so well spoken. His heart is so much in this, I want him to win for him, but I really want him" back with us."

I was standing in the bar with dancermom and 2old4clay. There was a front window to a little entrance that had stairs coming down. And there was Drew (from Ogunquit) doing a little shimmy down the stairs while Ken was watching. It was adorable!

I don't think they realized we were watching but the curtains were see-through so we had a great view.

After the reception, we tried to get a cab downtown-it was crazy! So many cabs zooming by-some had no one in but their lights were out. We finally got one, but the traffic going to the Bowlmor was crazy.

We got our bowling shoes and assigned lanes, and set up our team- called SUPPORTERS! If it wasn't for 2od4clay, we would probably have no score at all!! I got a couple of spares, but mostly gutter balls. Its been a looooong time for me!!

Clay came in with Nick and first went around the room doing selfies with everyone. Nick also did some. Then Clay went lane to lane, bowling someone different's turn every time. He did get a strike for me, and a spare. He said he was inconsistent because he got several gutter balls also!!

Ken and Drew were bowling, too, and Nick was bowling with the person next to me. He and Clay, and sometimes Drew too, would go "ready?" and then bowl in a synchronized group. It was funny!!

After we had bowled a while, they did the raffle drawing. First the bowling pin. Then he asked if we wanted both shoes to go to one person, or one shoe each to two people. We voted for the latter.

Then he asked if we wanted to cut the shirt in half and we all went nooooooooooo!!! He dug deep for each name in the raffle-but not one single one of the winners was in attendance. He said he was disappointed only because he wanted someone to yell WOO HOOOO!! and jump around when they won.

All too soon it was time for him to leave. At the Goldbar, Dancermom had made a comment that he seemed to suck all the energy out of the room when he left. Its TRUE!! The man has charisma and charm along with a great sense of humor and his usual snark.

I want to thank ncwannabe, Jessica, conehead, and all of the folks that worked so hard on this event. It was so much FUN and I want a do-over!!!

My selfie- which for some reason had strange shadows on my face- must have been the lighting or angle (or me!!) My lip looks like I have a huge red mark, but its only the shadow of my nose. And my selfie with Nick was blurred so it looked like he had a HUGE nose!!

claymarilyn_bowling___zpsdd1efa14.jpg

I agree, they really don't!

I have Sirius XM, but no way to listen at the moment, or capture. Does anyone else here?

Julie Mason ‏@juliemason · 1m1 minute ago

Today's @POTUSPressPool roundtable will cover the *key* midterm races: Clay Aiken, Vance McAllister, Scott Brown. You're welcome.

POTUS Press Pool

@POTUSPressPool

SiriusXM 124 brings you the Press Pool 3-6pm ET, Mon-Fri. Hear Julie Mason w/ reporters on the day's news as we cover events at the White House and Capitol Hill

Recap from last night, via ncwannabe, one of the planners of the bowling event. Reprinted with permission.

Hi folks - Here's a recap, albeit late, of our bowling event. I think you've already read a lot of great recaps and know the general gist of things. So I'll try to think of a few little tidbits to add if I can.

When we got Clay his bowling shoes, he had on his laceless brown wingtips. He kicked them off, then picked them up to show us how worn they were. He said they were falling apart - and he was right. The soles had holes in them and in places were quite literally falling off the shoe! He said they'd been through parades and pig farms. Then he told us not to get too close to them!! (but he assured us it wasn't because his feet stink - it was the pig farm.)

Clay seemed fairly adept at bowling. I could tell he knew what he was doing. And he had good velocity on his ball. That's not to say he didn't throw a few gutter balls - but he had a few strikes and picked up some spares. At one point I found myself standing behind him as he was ready to bowl. I told him I was watching and "the pressure is on." He rolled his eyes, then went up and got a strike! He told me "I guess that was just what I needed."

He went around to each lane and bowled with every group. He would just jump in and take someone's turn - no one minded, of course. At one point when he was at my lane, it was JoeBro Ken's turn to bowl. Ken and Drew were keeping score and competing against each other. Clay teasingly stepped up to the lane while Ken was talking, then called back to get Ken's attention as he very deliberately placed the ball in the gutter at the end of the lane. As Ken ran up to stop him (realizing Clay was going to sabotage his score), Clay gently kicked the ball and it slowly made it's way up the entire length of the gutter! Of course he had a huge snarky grin on his face the entire time as Ken stood there looking (pretendingly) crestfallen.

The lovely mercedes and I decided we were going to dress the part for the event. When Clay arrived and saw us, he seemed to like our matching bowling shirts, neck scarves and cat eye glasses. He put his arm around us and said "I really like that you dressed up for this." Awwwww. What a sweet comment!

He was making fun of the lightweight balls some of us were using. It seemed he was normally using a 10 or 12 pound ball I would guess. But a few of us were using a 6 pound ball, which was about the lightest weight they had. At one point he picked up one of the 6 pounders and he started laughing. He called Nick over and said "hold this ball - it weighs like hair." He said "I think I could throw this ball overhand."

Clay never stopped going from lane to lane the entire evening. I didn't see him eat anything at all, and he had a Sprite, but I'm not sure he even got a chance to finish it.

There was no speech given - it just seemed like Clay was enjoying the casual and relaxed atmosphere. He gave plenty of high fives, lots of hugs and interacted with everyone who was bowling.

During the raffle, he asked if we wanted to just have one person win both shoes, or if we wanted to split them up so two people had a chance to win one shoe. People started calling out what they wanted and talking over each other. Clay raised his hands for people to stop talking, and said "this is a democracy and we'll take a vote - this is how this country works .... then he paused for a moment and said "or doesn't work." Everyone laughed

When we wanted to get everyone's attention to start doing the raffle, Clay just directed Nick to stand up on top of one of the benches and yell to get everyone yo listen. We had all the raffle entries in a big bucket, and Nick held the bucket while Clay pulled out the names. Someone said to him "dig deep" and Clay said "okay, but yours is at the top." He always has a comeback!

He had on stripped socks!

As others have mentioned, his documentary film crew was there. A young man and woman. Toward the end of the evening, I saw him go back and talk with them and sign some papers. Then, he took a selfie with the woman and Drew and Ken all together. I thought it was cute that now the film crew wanted selfies with him as well.

I think that's about it. If I think of anything else, I'll add it. Thank you to those who've expressed congratulations for the event. It was definitely a team effort!!!

20141002_212551_zps2ba4be2a.jpg