#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

10665799_10152743595037673_2901567477944703278_n_zpsecd1b830.jpg

10423880_10152743595247673_8541443857829556414_n_zps5f61f15d.jpg

Stephanie Karen Kellison added 4 new photos.

1 hr · North Asheboro, NC ·

Had a great day got a tattoo that I love & met Clay Aiken!!!

Another selfie from today:

Fair_10_4_14_zps8dcb95a8.jpg

Oct_4_14_zps3672102d.jpg

Becki Pawlak ‏@beckipawlak

Took a selfie with Clay Aiken! http://instagram.com/p/tvMopoMN9w/

Oct_4_14_Two_zpsc18ca9fd.jpg

grittyglittergirl ‏@Vintagegltrgirl

At mile 16 we ran into Clay Aiken from American Idol! http://instagram.com/p/tvODviyA_j/

Steve C Stokes

Follow · August 21 ·

Clay Aiken for U. S. Congress, Standing with STOKES Supporter, Boxing Champion Nathaniel Fitch

clay_zpsdf029ea5.jpg

Leslie Christensen

5 hrs ·

Just chattin' with Clay Aiken at the Cameron Antique Festival.

Cameron Christensen i'd totally vote for him! He doesn't seem like he is a total douche like every other politician.

5 hrs · 1

Dottie Egunaloua Cool!

5 hrs · Edited

Leslie Christensen He was really nice! N didn't wear any makeup like most celebrities lol!

5 hrs · 1

Dottie Egunaloua My uncle said he was running for Harnett Co.

5 hrs

Leslie Christensen He's running for congress.

4 hrs

Joshua Campos He's a pretty cool dude. Believe it or not. I know that because we tinted his vehicle

45 mins

Katy R Westerhaus What??!!! So cool!

9 mins

clay_zpse8412499.jpg

katiejean815

Mayfair about 2 hours ago

@clayfornc such an awesome guy!! #hasmyvote #ncpol2 #clayaiken

clay_zps02247794.jpg

Looks like c-span.org will be streaming the debate tomorrow LIVE:

http://www.c-span.or...district-debate

Either way, I will probably miss it -- work tomorrow morning, church meeting tomorrow evening.

There's a buttload of new clack available, if you have a key to CV.

siclayfan from CV went to the Broadway fundraiser the other night. Here is her recap, done on her phone...used by permission!

My second attempt at doing a report from tonight. As you already know ken and drew were there. They were stationed at the reception desk at the front. It took a minute to realize who the two smiling young men were.

the townhouse was lovely. The reception took place on the 2d floor. 3 rooms in a row. The front room was where the piano was located and the 3d room was the dining room. There was a massive table with all sorts of goodies. It was hardly touched until the end of the evening.

We were greeted by the very gracious host Philip.you could tell he really cares for clay. He repeated a couple of times how brave he thought Clay was.

clay looked amazing. I think he had on the same suit and tie he wore for the yahoo interview. His shirt was pale blue with white collar and French cuffs.

having just read the recap of his speech in L.A. by 4evergonzo it was pretty much the same, except he added the recent N.C. news.

Dancermom you'll never forgive yourself for not going. Your favorite man Constantine M was there. I knew he looked familiar but didn't recognize him at first. He's very thin and looked quite solemn the whole evening

I think the server is going down soon so I better finish. The ladies were all wonderful. I especially loved Beth's performance. She clearly adores clay as much as we do. She sang He's just my Bill from Showboat but substituted clay's name. Christine sang Alfie and Betty finished with a song from South Pacific-cant remember the name.

The Broadway folk were clearly impressed with our Mr.Aiken. I would guess there were 30-40 people there. I counted 7 of us.

ETA After Clay's speech and the q&a period Clay told the host to lock the doors and not let anyone out unless they wrote a check. One very impressed gentlemen encouraged Clay to take his message to numerous cities around the country where he felt many like minded people could be tapped. Clay mentioned he'd taken his message to a few cities but he really had to spend time meeting the voters of district 2.

OMG AUTO CORRECT IS KILLING ME.

I'm doing this on my phone and can barely see what I'm typing so please excuse all the errors.

Story (with video) about the "Republaiken" signs:

http://www.wncn.com/story/26709965/democrat-clay-aiken-unveils-republaiken-signage

Now, I'm not an "expert," but I actually think this signs are smart. It does show he's trying to listen and reach Republican voters (even if some Democrats turn their noses at that).

Yeah, he's just a wee bit excited about today. Break a leg Clay!

Go Clay

@JonCampABC11: Prep work underway in Pinehurst for the first debate between Rep. Renee Ellmers and challenger Clay Aiken. http://t.co/T7T3mG4n5V

@wralsloane: Preparing for the debate between Renee Ellmers & Clay Aiken in Pinehurst. #wral @clayaiken @RepReneeEllmers http://t.co/BnGY7tKrNA

New email:

Dear Friends,

A quick reminder that you can watch Clay's first debate in less than 8 hours. The one hour debate will air on WRAL at 7pm.

This is a big day for our campaign and with 29 days left until election day, your help is more important than ever. If you have not already, consider cheering Clay on by donating $29 here.

Thank you for supporting Clay.

Tucker Middleton

Communications Director

Clay Aiken for North Carolina

There are all kinds of pictures showing up on the debate (Clay looks WONDERFUL), but I have to leave for a work meeting and can't bring stuff over. I'll have to do it later this afternoon, or later tonight (after my church meeting!).

Sigh. Life is too busy.

@beauminnick is live tweeting also @binker

@binker: Ellmers said that “as an entertainer,” Aiken might not understand foreign policy situations are “fluid.” #ncpol #wral

@binker: Aiken: “The most embarrassing reality show in the country is Congress.” #ncpol #wral

@binker: Ellmers uses this line alot: “It’s almost as if as an entertainer you can go in with a song and dance...” #ncpol #wral

@BeauMinnick: Aiken to Ellmers: "She's good at calling me an entertainer. But she cannot say she's working for the people of the second district." @WNCN

@binker: Ellmers: “This Obama-Aiken economy is just killing us.” #ncpol #wral

Clay called her out on it.

@binker: Aiken: “Calling it the Obama-Aiken economy is just perposterous.” Says he has been frustrated by both parties. #ncpol #wral

@BeauMinnick: Aiken: "55 times voting against it (Ellmers) is not fixing it."

@RepReneeEllmers @ClayForNC #ncpol @WNCN

@binker: Aiken says ACA needs to be fixed but votes to repeal are “a waste of taxpayer money and awaste of taxpayer time.” #ncpol #wral

@BeauMinnick: Ellmers says to Aiken: "Well, after all that theatrics..."

@RepReneeEllmers @ClayForNC #ncpol @WNCN