#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

@binker: Aiken: cousin owns a gun store, but need to make sure those with mental health problems don’t get them #wral ncpol

@BeauMinnick: Ellmers: "There's a clear choice here. Aiken would be a rubber stamp for Nancy Pelosi."

@ClayForNC @RepReneeEllmers #ncpol @WNCN

@BeauMinnick: AIken: "I'm tired in general of sending people back to Washington who says things and don't do it." @ClayForNC @RepReneeEllmers #ncpol @WNCN

If you read twitter some are concerned he said I don't know a lot but I'll wait till tonight to pass judgement. That was tough. I left a lot out so it should be interesting tonight.

Hee!

Jon Camp ‏@JonCampABC11 17m17 minutes ago

Sniping at the Ellmers/Aiken debate: E: "Once again, I think you're confused about how the process works." A: "I'm well aware of civics."

Wow. Just...wow.

New email for the Gold Circle people:

Good afternoon, CA4NC Gold Members!

It is time to reveal last week's raffle winner. Everyone, please join me in congratulating JAN BILES of Lawrence, KS. Jan, you are the recipient of a personalized copy of Clay's 2008 album "On My Way Here".

CA4NC Gold Circle Weekly Raffle #15

This week’s raffle prize is:

• A personalized CA4NC campaign t-shirt (L, XL or 2XL sizes available)

The next raffle winner will be announced on Monday, October 13th.

Thank you and good luck!

Eric Cannon

Clay Aiken For North Carolina

Nice pics

@Eddie_Dynamite: Clay Aiken refers to "absolute do-nothing congress", and calls Boehner his opponent's "boss" http://t.co/8mIt64sjlP

@Eddie_Dynamite: Clay Aiken at his congressional debate. Trying to not finish runner-up this time #idol http://t.co/FzNpjK23RG

Well I started to watch it and I hate politics so I turned it off! Bad fan I know.

Wral.com

I turned it back on......well it was Clay after all. I have no idea who won but I think the moderator was awful.

Retweets from Clay!

@dianauws: Who's the boss? Not @SpeakerBoehner. It's the constituency duh. Vote @clayaiken

@Lkaylie: Now I see why @RepReneeEllmers is being quiet about the 2nd district debate televised tonight. @clayaiken is crushing her. #ncpol

@KastHuis: #clayaiken is dominating this debate!! #republaiken @clayaiken

Email from TC

Dear Friend,

Tonight’s debate showed just how out of touch Congresswoman Ellmers is with the needs of the second district. She blamed Clay for the bad economy and admitted that John Boehner was her boss, rather than working for the folks in our district. This is not the first time she has shown her true loyalties.

Clay works for the people here in the district, not party leaders or special interests. He is an independent outsider who is not afraid to buck leadership to do what’s right for the district. Help send Clay to Congress with a donation of $25, $50, or $100.

Congresswoman Ellmers thinks this is a laughing matter. “There is just a lot of mistrust Americans have for ‘those people in Washington,’” she said, adding with a laugh, “and now I am one of those people in Washington.”

I don’t think any of us are laughing.

We deserve better. We need someone like Clay who will put the people they represent first. Can you contribute $25, $50, or $100 to help get Clay on TV?

Respectfully,

Ellen Zeng

Campaign Manager

Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

The debate is here. But you'll have to copy and paste.

mediacdn.wral.com:1935/vods3/_definst_/mp4:amazons3/cbcnewmedia_wowza/96294-aikenellmers-576x324-15-768.mp4/playlist.m3u8

I don't think this got posted. It's the winners of the bowling memorabilia from the fundraiser the other night:

Hi folks!

Just wanted to thank each of you for your participation in the Bowling Memorabilia promotion, and for making the NYC Bowling event a great success. We selected the winners and wanted to share the results below:

Left bowling shoe – Carol Herr

Right bowling shoe – Valerie Kramer

Bowling pin – Patricia Kent

Bowling shirt – Karen Meersman

Congrats to each of our winners! These items will be sent out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your contributions and all your work on behalf of Clay and our campaign for the 2nd District here in NC. We are in the home stretch and we need all the help we can to get our message out to voters in the district over the next 29 days. If you are able, please consider making an additional donation to the campaign by clicking on the “Contribute” button below, or by going to http://clayaiken.com/donate

Thanks for all you do!

Eric Cannon

Clay Aiken for North Carolina

These two links work for me:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?321874-1/north-carolina-2nd-congressional-district-debate

http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/video/14049891/

Many articles are appearing about the debate -- some good, some bad. Situation normal. I'll be posting some later. Still haven't watched the debate yet. I think I'll need wine.

Tweet from a JoeBros, Kory, last night:

I finally finished Will and Grace!! It only took a year! Thanks again @clayaiken! #somanylaughs #somanytears #somanymemories

Some thought he won, some thought he lost , some thought it was a tie, some noticed his hair, some misunderstood what was said, some ran stories with those misapprehensions, some tried to correct them.

Just another day in Clayland!

• Like 2