#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

hippoga went to the reception for Clay last night. Recap reprinted with permission from CV:

Quick check in from downtown Carrboro, NC. Really enjoyed the reception for Clay tonight. It was in a gorgeous modern tri-level home on the northeast side of Raleigh. Traffic was bad but we arrived shortly after 6 pm. Faye was checking people in and the hosts were warm and gracious to everyone. I think there were around 30 people there. Clay arrived late- close to 7 pm. Nick said that they had literally just gotten back from driving home from Atlanta.

Clay introduced himself to everyone and engaged in friendly chitchat based on the background of the guest. I mostly spoke with Nick and Charlie from the campaign but was able to introduce my friend to Clay and talk a bit about how sad I was to miss him in Atlanta. Ebola protocols are killing me!

We gathered in the living room and Clay spoke eloquently about his reasons for entering the race. He covered most of the points he mentioned when I first saw him back in March. New funny tidbit to me was his description of getting checks after Idol for the "Clay Aiken Foundation" and it would cost too much postage to send them back so he started that foundation! At that time he realized the power of the microphone he now had. Also talked about the "privilege game" and how people get ahead or are held back for things totally out of their control and how he would work so that people at least started in life at the same place. He spoke about how different parties had occupied the White House with the other party in the majority in Congress but they still got things done. He really is concerned that the government reacts to emergencies and scandals but is not proactive to prevent them. Really a nice long talk. Mentioned the bus tour and debate. Wearing the Dad khakis and wing tips, blue shirt and dark tie. Pompadour hair but I actually liked it!

Unfortunately I chose the wrong time to investigate the food in the kitchen and I missed seeing him leave! But I was speaking to the only person there who was an actual voter in district 2 and she was very impressed! I am glad I got to see him connect with new supporters and hope all those undecided folks like him as much as this group did!

Remember Hannah Waddingham from Spamalot? She's joining Game of Thrones!

http://highlighthollywood.com/2014/10/game-of-thrones-season-5-british-actress-hannah-waddinghan-cast-as-septa-unella-highlight-hollywood-news/

Wonder when she'll die? *g*

Letters to the Editor in the News & Observer. The comments are especially good.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/10/08/4217558_charlie-futch-reagan-had-experience.html?rh=1

Full text of this and one other article will be going into the News section very soon.

Video of Clay at the Football game this evening: https://www.facebook...765253520177101

_____

image_zps97c90cd2.jpg

@PacRuns Snake

BRUH I TOOK A PIC WITH CLAY AIKEN SON!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/Hq5AZ5Q4XW

8:25pm -

image_zpsbce47952.jpg

@BadToTheBone247

Mom meet Clay Aiken at Douglas Byrd game Vote for him #clayfornorthcarolina pic.twitter.com/2p7hPy72Fg

claypink_zps3af0c0ce.jpg

Tau Epsilon Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.

26 mins ·

While informing the community about breast cancer TEZ had the pleasure of meeting Clay Aiken as he runs for office — with Clay Aiken.

claygame_zps7f25c985.jpg

Kevin Robinson

32 mins ·

Clay Aiken at the Douglas Byrd football game

claygame2_zps79d266bf.jpg

Tommy Stovall

48 mins ·

Me and my boy Clay Aiken chillin at the Byrd game

22 people like this.

View 2 more comments

Amy Kulbeth Stovall So who is that really?

26 mins · 1

Amy Kulbeth Stovall Oh wait...geez is that actually HIM?

24 mins · 1

Amy Kulbeth Stovall Dang it...the night I stay home

23 mins · 2

John Brian Heath Tell our next congressman I said hello!

14 mins

Kevin Bee At Douglas Byrd?

5 mins

Bonnie Stovall Spencer Aaaaaack I am so jealous

4 mins

claygame3_zps22762d28.jpg

Ashley Hubbard Barbour

4 mins near Fayetteville, NC ·

Hanging out with Clay Aiken at the game tonight!

claygame5_zpsaeeacbf3.jpg

Mac N Cindy Eason

13 mins near Fayetteville, NC ·

Me and Clay Aiken tonight at the Douglas Byrd Game GO EAGLES — with Darquese Treyshawn Robinson.

2014-10-10_2023_zpsfd54dcac.png

taylerlaballa44

3 minutes ago · Byrd Douglas High School

just met THE Clay Aiken with @ohkyright_ &@prettyflyny #clayaiken

Kathryn Elliott

Selfie at the Terry Sanford vs Douglas Byrd football game with Clay Aiken. #voteclayaiken http://t.co/XpGwYV9V4K

BzoPpk9IQAED0OU_zps66110729.jpg

Olivia Bright

image_zps43b298c6.jpg

Another video!

https://www.facebook...152282084821595

Kim Lloyd Garvin

The girls made up a cheer for Clay Aiken on the fly. He is videoing them in the front.. so cool. — with Sandra Lloyd and Samantha McLean.

Freakin' adorable!

image_zpsb84540a3.jpg

Michelle Tate Rowell

Just hanging with the local celebs. Naji and Clay Aiken!

https://www.facebook...elevant_count=2

Cheerleaders_and_Clay_zps8194e2a0.jpg

Carrie Clark ‏@cutecarrie09

Clay Aiken at the game tonight smile.gif

#gobulldogs http://instagram.com/p/t_rFztNYVe/

claygame6_zps8f76e64e.jpg

Tamara Keith

18 mins ·

NPR White House Correspondent, who they accidentally allowed to cover the Winter Olympics in Sochi.

Just a little preview of a story I'm working on. Marching bands, cheerleaders, football and a debate about gay marriage...all in an evening of campaigning for Clay Aiken. #selfieswithclay

An NPR story?!?!?! How cool is this?

claygame7_zps9d22c40e.jpg

Kim Lloyd Garvin

1 hr ·

Look who showed up at the game. .. Clay Aiken! — with Sandra Lloyd.

*waves at merrieeee* I was wondering where you were last night...and I was out for most of the morning...

We have Jersey Mike's here; I'm not crazy about them. I like Jimmy John's much better...

But mustard AND mayo? Together? OK....

Catching up with more pics from last night and some from today...

image2_zps84a9c655.jpg

image1_zps1901dcf0.jpg

image_zpsc1452380.jpg

Bzo5inYCQAAkPYb1_zpseb28fc78.jpg

Summer ‏@SummrGutierrz 17m17 minutes ago

It's cool tho cause I met Clay Aiken

Instagram pics:

Fayetteville_Football_4_zps7ab14cc6.jpg

Fayetteville_Football_3_zpsd455c3e8.jpg

Fayetteville_Football_1_zpsfae2a21b.jpg

Fayetteville_Football_2_zps4ce2f68d.jpg

A Vine video clip:

Tamara Keith

15h ago

A night on the campaign trail with @clayforNC. Countless selfies and a couple of intense conversations about politics.

clay_zps9e59e580.jpg

Forward Americans @ForwardAmerican

Great to see @ClayForNC stop by in support of the Apex Kiwanis Annual Car Show Benefit today & chat w/ #nc02 voters! pic.twitter.com/7ZrlXIM7tu

clay_zpsaad47c12.jpg

Taylor Johnson

25 mins ·

THE Clay Aiken

clay_zps77af6a3b.jpg

Diana Hales for Commissioner

1 hr ·

Saturday, Oct 11, campaigned at Goldston Old Fashion Days with other democrats. Clay Aiken, Dem candidate for US Congress, District 2, was stumping, too. We connected for photo.

• Like 1

About the NPR Interview:

Tamara Keith ‏@tamarakeithNPR Oct 10

A night on the campaign trail with @clayforNC. Countless selfies and a couple of intense conversations abou... https://vine.co/v/OAg7gQLPTv1

View media Reply Retweet Favorite More

Sherri D ‏@ncwannabe 4h4 hours ago

@tamarakeithNPR When will your story on @ClayForNC air? Looking forward to hearing it. Thanks!

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Tamara Keith ‏@tamarakeithNPR 4h4 hours ago

@ncwannabe @ClayForNC Should be Thursday on Morning Edition. I'll try to keep you posted.