#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

I'll be going to the Gala in September if all goes well. I'll start a thread for Gala attendees when I get to my desktop today. I'm pretty sure mumm fums and playbiller are coming too. We would be happy to meet up with you there.

No kidding!

But as someone who works at a community college (and yes, we have a welding program!), I love that he's visiting schools like this. Those are EXACTLY the people he needs to talk to in regards to jobs and the economy. Job retraining and skilled trades are vital to the economy!

I'm guessing (hoping) today is a quiet one for Clay until this evening with the fundraiser in Atlanta, although I suppose he could be seen about town.

The reason I'm "hoping" is because I've got a busy day today. Visitors from another community college are making a field trip to visit our library today -- and then my boss gets the norovirus last night, and I'm in charge for the day. I'm still not 100% from my cold/sinus thing last week; I'm still having a terrible time breathing through my nose on regular basis. Finally remembered last night that we own a room humidifier (along with the whole house humidifier), and so I slept with that. I think it helped somewhat.

Oh and add that I have a dentist appointment this morning.

Hope everyone here has a great day, and that Clay has a successful fundraiser!

Team Clay tweets.

@ClayForNC: Clay’s momentum has made #NC02 winnable, but it has awakened the other side. #standwithclay

@ClayForNC: Trackers from @AmericaRising are stalking @clayaiken and we need to be prepared to fight back https://t.co/4jPPs4w0KJ #NC02

@ClayForNC: .@mittromney’s former campaign manager is behind @americarising & they are also tracking candidates across NC https://t.co/4jPPs4w0KJ

@ClayForNC: Your support now will help us push back against @americarising & other special interests https://t.co/4jPPs4w0KJ #StandWithClay

Ha ldyj I don't think it will be too quiet!

Email from Gene Conti.

Hey,

We've told you from the beginning that – thanks to your incredible support – Clay Aiken has made the 2nd Congressional District a winnable race this fall and I wanted to provide a quick update on what that means.

Clay’s momentum means that national Republicans are now targeting him. Every day now, as Clay moves around the district, he is being videotaped constantly by a “tracker” paid by a Republican Super PAC. And you can just imagine how groups like this will use video clips to attack Clay and twist what he says and does.

We must raise every dollar we can in order to tell the truth about Clay and his story. Will you chip in $5 today to help us do just that?

The Super PAC is “America Rising.” Mitt Romney's former campaign manager is one of its leaders. It apparently is stalking candidates all across the country. And it is raising big money for the kind of negative ads that we have seen from Super PACs in recent elections.

This is exactly the kind of politics that Clay is trying to change. As he says to people he meets across the district, we need to focus on helping people – not on tearing down other candidates.

Help Clay stand up for a new kind of politics. Will you give us $5, or more, right now?

Thank you for all that you do,

Gene Conti

Senior Advisor, Clay for North Carolina

PS - Will you forward this to five friends and ask them to donate $5 as well?

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

Sorry Gene, would if I could. That is the part I hate about politics the most, the tearing the other party down mentality. It's even started here in Canada. I have seen 2 different ads against Justin Trudeau recently, saying he is in over his head, blah blah blah. I am so glad Clay is not going down that path.''

I am keeping my options open for gala, until we find out more details.

Luckiest, I think you and others out of the country are supporting Clay just by being here.

Hopefully we just had our last snow for the season. Didn't stick but got our kindergartners all excited this morning. Off to do taxes this afternoon.

Good luck tonight Clay.

The sun is shining here right now and it's minus 8. As for tomorrow, they are predicting very high winds and the possibility if 30-40 cm of snow.......ouch!!!! I 'm speechless.

Clay is looking mighty young in these new pictures..bet he's pleased.