# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

OT rant: once again, my library is short staffed! We were doing so well...for about 2 weeks. But that's what happens when you hire mostly part-time people, those who really need a full time job. And if they're good, they actually DO find a full time job. Hence, our shortage.

Plus, we've got one part time person who is a retiree. Sweetest woman, but technology skills are non-existent. We really don't want to use her anymore, but she, with her two pensions (one as a teacher, one as a librarian -- and someone who also drives a Cadillac), thinks she needs to money.

Staffing issues are the bane of my life at the moment.

Just take a deep breath. In the end, everything will be fine. (I know you know that, but I don't want you hyperventilating! I like you too much!)

And try this one instead...http://www.broadway.com/buzz/178344/broadwaycom-culturalist-challenge-which-role-should-clay-aiken-play-on-the-great-white-way/

It's a link to Which Role Should Clay Aiken Play on the Great White Way? on broadway.com

I'm not up enough on Broadway to know what he should play....

A sighting! From Facebook:

Jeromy Lyon

44 m

Clay Aiken was at my step moms work today while I was getting my hair cut...pretty cool experience lol

ETA: Cotton finished her pictures from the election night watch party. There's LOTS of pictures here!

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/cottona/library/Clay%202014%20Miscellaneous/Clay%20Watch%20Party%202014

Via CV, from Twitter:

Kris Vire โ€@krisvire

Opening night attendees announced for Dee Snider's Rock & Roll Christmas Tale: Debbie Gibson, Clay Aiken, Mick Foley, Lita Ford.

Play is in Chicago, opening night is November 19, next Wednesday. Wish I could go....

• Like 1

*waves back*

I don't think I could live in Buffalo. I mean, my husband and I have talked briefly about moving to Minnesota (his home area), but even they don't get the snow like what's happening now in NY! Yikes!

My library is doing something called "One Book, One College," where we are trying to get people to read the same book and discuss it for a year. This year's book is "Ready Player One," a dystopian novel filled with all kinds of sci-fi/geek/nerd references. One of the major plot points in the book is "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," and so we showed that yesterday. Took me back to the times of seeing Spamalot! (I was surprised at how much of Spam was ripped directly from Holy Grail!)

I'm trying to think of a way for us to have some fun around here. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know I miss the constant pinging on my phone, and all those selfies!

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-entert...go-celebrities/

Celebs land in Chicago for "Dee Snider's Rock & Roll Christmas Tale"

Posted: 11/19/2014, 11:51am | Bill Zwecker

Debbie Gibson is among the celebrities scheduled to attend the premiere of โ€œDee Sniderโ€™s Rock & Roll Christmas Tale.โ€ | Long Island Press Photo

An interesting group of celebrities is scheduled to attend the official opening night of โ€œDee Sniderโ€™s Rock & Roll Christmas Taleโ€ at the Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place on Wednesday night.

Among those slated to walk the red carpet and support the Twisted Sister lead singerโ€™s new show are two rivals from his 2012 run on โ€œThe Celebrity Apprenticeโ€: Debbie Gibson and former โ€œAmerican Idolโ€ star and recent congressional candidate Clay Aiken. Former pro wrestler Mick Foley and Brit rock guitarist Lita Ford also are expected.

The red carpet arrivals are slated for 6 p.m. Wednesday.

tumblr_nfbgu54VEw1r0dt51o1_500_zpsda62c781.jpg

Jill Thompson โ€@thejillthompson 3m3 minutes ago

Photo: Who sings a super early rock n roll Xmas song with @realMickFoley and me? Clay Aiken! http://tmblr.co/Z7CK8x1W0g4x5

CV's vault also has a brief clip of him walking the red carpet.

The tweet merrieeee posted has the same picture.

From guesttwo at CV, who was at the show tonight:

My first red report!

There were a couple of people ahead of Clay on the red carpet, but I haven't a clue who they were. The red carpet was quick for me because I went inside as soon as Clay went in...it was COLD!! Debbie: You weigh nothing, you wore nothing...how the heck did you pose for pictures, outside?! coldshivers.gif smile.gif

Very crowded in the lobby. I went into the bathroom so I could text d-mom the pic and video. Grabbed my water and went inside the theater. For as many times as I've been to Water Tower Place, I had no clue there was a theater, there! I must always go in through another entrance. Nice-sized theater and it filled up, quickly. What an eclectic group of people -- some dressed to the nines, some in leather and studs (one woman in the bathroom had on an incredible leather outfit that I could not figure out how she went to the bathroom...sorry, I digress), some in suits and some of us all comfy cozy in jeans and warm-wear! smile.gif The woman next to me had literally gotten off a plane and just decided last minute to come to the show. The two next to her were season ticket holders. The couple on the other side of me were there to see Dee. The dude was excited because he got his pic taken with Mick Foley. Someone else said they saw ManCow (?) there. I did go over to Clay and said hello and shook his hand. I'm sure what he heard was, "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah." Clay, what I meant to say was, "Congratulations, you fought a good fight!" For some reason, my mouth was not working. Thank you, Clay, for being so gracious, sweet and nodding your head like I was making sense. smile.gif

I don't want to give too much of the play away, but I have to say...it WAS good old FUN!!! We were whooping it up, singing, laughing and clapping. It was a party! I've not had that much fun with a bunch of strangers since last year's Holiday Lights Parade...speaking of which, Dee mentioned he will be Grand Marshall in this year's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Dee sang and you know, I enjoyed his singing! At the end, he did generally thank people who came to support him. Before I knew it, he was out in the audience, but I couldn't tell if he saw Clay, then. Too many tall people standing! Boo! I only remember he called out his wife by name (she did the costumes). I looked over at Clay during the finale and he was standing and smiling. After the show, he was very close to where I was coming down the stairs, but I didn't really want to bug him, anymore. He was around a bunch of people, talking, and I didn't think he needed me to go back and add another few unintelligible words. He's handsome...that's all.

Am so hoping Dee gets to take this to NY, next year. He seemed so psyched that the energy was so high in the theater. This was so different than any Xmas show I've ever seen, but I just had sooooo much fun! (And I didn't even have a martini!!!)

Hey guys. It seems that those apprentice folks have been really supportive and vice versa.

So is anybody else watching Survivor. I've watched every season but the first. Is it ok to say as a Clay fan I can't stand Reed LOL.

Do we know when this documentary will air and why are they calling it a reality show. I would put this sort of thing in a different category. And I am really not sure how you can secretly film it.

• Like 1

couchie, I'll try to reply to your things later...when I get to work

The broadway.com/culturalist poll is now over, and broadway.com features the results in this clip. It starts at about the 3 minute mark:

http://www.broadway.com/videos/155777/the-broadwaycom-show-ariana-grande-wants-to-rock-hugh-jackman-can-cook-too-aaron-tveit-scruff-results/#play

clay_zps85134502.jpg

Brian Doran with Patrick Doran and Joseph W Doran

5 hrs ยท

Three Idols with Clay Aiken

Getty Images from last night

Not fond of the hair. That's saying a lot from me!

There's another red recap at CV I'm asking to bring over. Stay tuned.

And in sad news...

Mike Nichols, the director of Spamalot (not to mention many fantastic movies) and Diane Sawyer's husband, passed away last night. RIP Mr. Nichols.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/11/mike-nichols/

From Micky7149 at CV, reprinted with permission:

Hi CV!

I went to the show tonight with a friend from work and it was a great time! I'd never been to the Chicago Broadway Playhouse before and the theatre was absolutely beautiful...not quite as small as I thought it might be but still very intimate, modern and comfortable. Unfortunately, because of awful traffic we missed the red carpet. We arrived at the theatre about 15 minutes before show time. We thoroughly enjoyed the show. Dee was wonderful and the cast was very funny. The sets were great and several scenes were colorful and festive like only Christmas can be. It was a lot of fun to rock it out to Christmas music! The theatre was very nearly full and Dee must have been thrilled to have had such a well-attended and successful debut. The look of delight on Dee's face when he got a standing ovation at the end of the show was a joy to see. I wish Dee and the show much success!

Clay looked utterly fabulous! He was seated a little behind us, so I saw Clay when we went to our seats and then again after the show while waiting to file out of our row. Clay looked very handsome (like he always does) in a dark suit, purple shirt and no tie. Because I was seated in front of Clay, I didn't get to see any of his reactions during the show. I hope he enjoyed it as much as we did. As we were leaving the theatre, he was standing in the theatre talking with Debbie Gibson, who also looked fabulous, and a couple of other folks I didn't recognize. I did have a chance to say hi to Clay. He seemed relaxed and happy. It was great to see him out for a fun evening. He so deserves some R and R after working his stuff off the past 9 months. And it warms my heart that Dee's and Clay's friendship is one of support for each other's endeavors.

I'm glad guesttwo was able to get some red carpet video and her recap was perfection, so much so that there's really nothing I can add other than Clay looked great and we really enjoyed Dee's show. Here's to hoping that we won't be waiting too long until the next Clay sighting.

Special thanks to Beedawn for the tickets. Our seats were amazing!

ETA: guesttwo it was wonderful to meet you tonight!

And here's a picture from the campaign I haven't seen before. I saw it at Openly Clay; the speculation is that the guy there is the same guy that attended Dee's show last night with Clay.

post-25126-0-20236000-1416473333_zps6ddf87a7.jpg