# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

I've been in meetings all day today! AAAAGH!

Yes, Clay snarked at my husband and I at the very last tour, one of the Christmas shows. I loved it; my husband is still embarrassed by it! I need to go find that clip again...

Clay just retweeted this picture today from BySteveIsrael, Democratic Representative from the state of New York:

CAbkW-GWoAErPdI_zpsaqigarlh.jpg

Here's the Amazon link to the book. Sounds fun to me:

http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/1476772231

The guy in the back is poet Walt Whitman.

Some sort of hint, right?

Also, an event to add to our calendar:

https://www.facebook...81693315350328/

Thursday, April 9

at 6:00pm - 8:00pm in EDT

Raleigh, North Carolina

Tickets Available: www.eventbrite.comPublic Schools First NC is pleased to invite you to our first in a series of community conversations about the future of public education in our state.

This event is both a fundraiser to support our work and a dialogue that will help inform our advocacy efforts on behalf of strong public schools across NC.

Our first special guest speaker will be Public Schools First NC supporter and former teacher Clay Aiken.

Make your plans now to join us for food, drink, and lively, informed conversation with friends in public education advocacy.

SEATING is very limited—please order your ticket today!

We'll look forward to seeing you at the new AIA North Carolina Center for Architecture & Design.

From the Lightbox Facebook page:

If you're an early riser, check out me and Clay Aiken on MORNING JOE on MSNBC tomorrow at 7:05am talking about our doc series THE RUNNER-UP that premieres on THE ESQUIRE NETWORK on APRIL 7th @ 10pm.

We'll also be on GOOD DAY NEW YORK @ 8:40am on Tuesday morning.

The CV vault has the clip up already. For those who can't download but can watch (like me at work!), here's a link:

http://www.msnbc.com...le-416668739893

The interviewer did gush about Clay's musical career a bunch, but there is also some wrenching footage of the docu-series.

ETA: I just finished it. From reading over at CV, I was expecting 3/4 of the interview to be about AI. It's not. Yes, the interviewer is a fangirl, but there were some good questions too, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

1897952_10152394410761350_2275299244339029505_n_zpsyystpyi2.jpg

From Instagram:

morningjoe American Idol contestant Clay Aiken joined us this morning! Mika couldn't get enough of his rendition of Bridge Over Troubled Water, what a voice he has! #msnbc #clayaiken Photo by Nathan Congleton

More really good stuff out there in the vaults.

BTW, those who are wondering why I'm not saying much past that...well, we're not a private board. We do have a private section, but we also don't have a vault, and need to refer people to those. That can be, IMO, done discretely on the public side.

Just finished watching. I think this was a better interview than yesterday. Clay talked about his reasons why he did the show (to spotlight the problems in his district, and to make encumbents more accountable in their jobs). He also mentioned again that he's not seen the completed documentary. Mr. Chinn did admit that he originally thought Clay wouldn't be a viable candidate, but quickly came around to Clay's knowledge of the issues. The hosts were actually quite good, which I think is surprising because in watching up the to the interview...just yuck. But they asked some good questions, and I'm happy with the way this one turned out.

Oh, and Clay won't be live tweeting during the show. "I'll be off crying."

More press interviews to come, mostly in print.

Nidia ‏@NidiaHaven

Up close & personal w/@clayaiken at the @ESQTV press preview of #TheRunnerUp docu-series premiering Apr 7th

CA54dmTWcAA0y79_zpsdm1i004c.jpg

Will Mendelson ‏@williemendelson

@williemendelson: so great meeting @clayaiken tonight and looking forward to the @ESQTV doc #runnerup

CA57klIWwAIGlgR_zpscopdixpu.jpg

OK, I have to pull one section of this article and post it here:

]You would support outing a candidate in that situation?

If somebody who is gay is voting against gay rights, then screw them! You can’t be that much of a hypocrite. If someone has a smoking gun, against a congressman, in Illinois, who has shown that they’re gay and a hypocrite, I would support exposing that person.

I don’t support outing people — I don’t— but if you’re going to be voting against the rights of individuals, at the same time you are screwing your boyfriend, or your photographer, I don’t have any respect for you at all.

That congressman in question? My congressman...or he is until March 31, when he resigned. Congressman Schock has a life that is pretty much an open secret around here, and yet he will not come forward, and votes against LGBT rights. It's maddening.

Thank you Clay, you've made my day.