# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

Tomorrow night's the big celebration...hee. (Tomorrow is also actually our anniversary!!!!!) LOL!

From Twitter:

Let's welcome former @AmericanIdol and 2014 North Carolina congressional candidate @clayaiken to the #RealTime panel!pic.twitter.com/sEjRNxRz6o

CC10ihZUEAEc8Qa_zpsxtgyez43.jpg

CoolGreenPines ‏@CoolGreenPines 44s44 seconds ago

Well, well, @clayaiken New haircut & looking good. @RealTimers

0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply Retweet Favorite

More

Nicole ‏@MzDivah67 54s54 seconds ago

Good to see @clayaiken so involved in politics #RealTime @billmaher

1 retweet 0 favorites

Reply Retweet1 Favorite

More

Iván Salas ‏@IvnSalas 56s56 seconds ago

@RealTimers @billmaher @clayaiken link please smile.gif

View conversation 0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply Retweet Favorite

More

N&O TV Blog ‏@WarmTV 1m1 minute ago

“I tell you Clay, you shoulda won.” - @billmaher, who also praises @clayaiken’s “soulful” singing.

0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply Retweet Favorite

More

Jon Easter ‏@johnnystir 1m1 minute ago Indianapolis, IN

Clay Aiken looks good!

0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply Retweet Favorite

More

The Real Timers ‏@RealTimers 1m1 minute ago

"Somebody sent me a video of you singing the BeeGees and my god you're a good singer." - @billmaher to @clayaiken #RealTime

2 retweets 3 favorites

Reply Retweet2 Favorite3

More

Seamus Campbell ‏@SeamusCampbell 2m2 minutes ago

Full disclosure: I donated to @clayaiken when he ran for Congress. @RealTimers

0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply Retweet Favorite

More

Julia Mahoney ‏@ifyousaysodeary 2m2 minutes ago

@RealTimers Clay Aiken was one of my 1st crushes, so was Lance Bass. I think I just figured out why I'm single #RTOvertime #Realtimeovertime

0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply Retweet Favorite

More

Clay Retweets

@Lextonator62: Just gained some respect for Clay Aiken.

#billmaher

@samlandersnc2: @RealTimers I have a whole new found respect for Maher tonight. Great interview with Clay Aiken. Props to Aiken for trying to help people.

@WillGronbach19: Clay Aiken on @RealTimers has been a real treat. Guy looks totally different now. Plus he's informed and pushing for important issues.

@foolishplans: i never thought i'd see the day where i'd agreed with clay aiken on political issues

@keithwmcandrew: Watching @RealTimers and @clayaiken - #RealTime @billmaher - SMART panel on the show tonight! #KochBrothers DOWN! Can't buy no mo' elections

@Wilson__Valdez: So @clayaiken is kind of awesome. Who knew? #RealTime

I posted this at CV, but I felt like I should post it here too (with some minor editing...)

First of all, happy anniversary to my husband (even though he'll NEVER read here, ha!). A few of you know him, as he's been on many a Clay trip with me.

I LOVED watching all the Clay tweets coming through last night, and then Clay retweeting a bunch of them. That tells me something. I keep going back to one of cam's posts, from March 16:

*quote snipped*. The gist of it though was that if all the fans keep retweeting both bad AND good stuff about Clay, there's just lots of "noise," and people (like the NJU) stop listening.

I personally know that reading searches for Clay's name on my TweetDeck got a whole lot easier after he talked to us, and it's been a blast. I have a feeling it's also been that way for CLAY as well. And he's now able to control the message. I believe it was what was needed for him to continue on with that "plan" he has for the future, which we'll learn about soon enough.

Last night's appearance felt like the nerves before and after Clay's first appearance on Kimmel, IMO.

Oh, and I tend to agree that he played at least one card of his hand last night -- but then I've always felt that more than anything else in the world, even with his enormous talent for singing, that he always wanted that talk show. Enough time has passed, he's now got some political experience...the time is now.

OK, I suppose I should log off the computer on my wedding anniversary, shouldn't I?

I like these tweets. The guy is dean of media for Temple University.

@dlboardman: Weird when the guy from @AmericanIdol is the smartest talking head on #realtime.

@yellows_rock: @dlboardman I noticed that also. Good move, @clayaiken

@billmaher