# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Pictures from Cloopy from last night.

IMG_6848.jpg.be5a3d7d31ed33e617ef1fbf2e505f76_zpsddzg5bkg.jpg

IMG_6800.jpg.f8836dc6b2be987045c3d8a8e77b4326_zpse2yy5yur.jpg

IMG_6785.jpg.7e1bef5705888d9bfb5130fd5c79c212_zpsbegl623d.jpg

IMG_6710.jpg.90f50d275101267aae53817ebcf79ca1_zps3auixs0h.jpg

Report from playbiller at the CH:

Report from tonight. No singing at founders dinner, but we got a great talk from 2 women on how partnering with the tnip has improved their organizations. Then Clay said there would be a big announcement tomorrow. Diane and Clay answered some questions. Then there was the auction. No one bid on Clay's shoes. But the auction for game night was exciting with several groups bidding.

The game night bids were what raised the $82,000. I've read that two different groups won, with each group bidding $41,000.

Clay Periscoped about 15 minutes ago. The picture was frozen for me, but I could hear some of it. Sounds like there will be a second Periscope tonight -- not of any music, but about a big announcement regarding the National Inclusion Project. Clay is really excited about this announcement!

@_lauraleblanc: Claymate 4 lyfe #ClayAiken #nationalinclusionproject @ Raleigh Marriott City Center https://t.co/xPxkwvzoDU

@_lauraleblanc: That moment when Clay Aiken says you're practically best friends. #bestiesforlife

@includingkids: Our co-founder Clay Aiken opens tonight's #ChampionsGala with a song! http://t.co/KPGH1SSrUU

Woot! Great choice!

Ooops - guess I'm the first. So Clay just closed the periscope and he didn't appear on it, but you could hear him laughing. The announcement is that the new Executive Director of the NIP will be........... Nick Leisey!!