# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Cute convo.

@laurenthellama: tag ur biggest celebrity crush idc if u dont think they'll see it cause they might

Tuddy_Puff responded with @clayaiken

And Clay responded with

@clayaiken: @Tuddy_Puff yep. I might.

Clay will be on a second panel at Politicon.

@PatrickMillsaps: Honored to share the stage at @politicon with @kenrudin, @clayaiken & @Variety's @tedstew moderating as we discuss #celebrity & #politics

CELEBRITY INFLUENCE IN POLITICS

Do celebrities help or hurt public policy or candidates they speak up about? And how involved, if at all, should they get into politics? Our all star panel chimes in!

Patrick Millsaps, Jordan Klepper, Ken Rudin, Clay Aiken, moderated by Ted Johnson

It might be streamed live. 12:15 -13:15

AM 870 The Answer - KLRA - AM 870 - Glendale, CA ...

streema.com › North America › United States › California › Glendale

AM 870 The Answer - KLRA , Intelligent. Conservative. Talk Radio., AM 870, Glendale, CA. Listen live plus station schedule, song playlist, location and contact ...k

His other panel. 15:00-16:00

BIG MONEY, BIG POLITICS

Campaigns to run for Congress can be in the millions, and Presidential campaigns can cost over half a billion dollars, with donors having varying expectations. Should additional limits and new rules be placed on political campaigns?

dakota2424 replied to Clay's tweet about the Circle of Hell reserved for him:

@clayaiken @JohnTrowbridge @HuffingtonPost He is NOT a very good comedy writer!

Clay's reply:

@dakota2424 @JohnTrowbridge @HuffingtonPost I thought it was pretty damn funny

I've always thought that Clay had a much better sense of humor about himself than many of his fans every did!

Also, JohnTowbridge, the writer of the original piece, retweeted Clay's tweet and also replied:

@clayaiken @HuffingtonPost you gotta read the UNabridged version, Clay. It goes: 6. Heretics 7. Clay Aiken 8. Usurers

Clay tweet.

@clayaiken: Adios Arne Duncan! You will NOT be missed. #arneduncan #publicEd

@clayaiken: Will Arne Duncan now get a job with a big bank and profit off of all of the student loan interest that he did NOTHING about? #goodriddance

He is the head of the Dept. Of Education and just quit.

Clay tweet

@clayaiken: I love @AmericanAir — but this, my friends, is a marketing #fail

Really! Who thought this was a good idea? #dobetter http://t.co/duh3fSr0fM

Their response:

@AmericanAir: @clayaiken It looks like you're missing part of the advertisement, Clay. #RedderWhiterBluer

As one tweeter said where is the redder bluer part?

FB_IMG_1443894474944_zpsotnax2f4.jpg

I found a new site-some are so awesome. I don't drink coffee, but tea doesn't seem to qualify as caffeine consumption, tho I can't function without it.

I also love the slippers above, and the ladybug. This one I love the hair.

Hope there's clack of some kind this weekend.

That squirrel cracks me up! And yes, that's me without coffee!

I'm thrilled beyond belief that Clay's part of this politicon thing this weekend. I'm hoping that there will be lots of tweets/pictures from the event. Love that "The Runner-Up" is part of the whole thing.

I also noticed the other night that Trevor Noah, the new host of "The Daily Show" is going to be there.

*crosses fingers that they meet*

There is a composer called Ted Hearne who composes very avante garde New Age music. He has composed a piece of music called The Source. It will be out at the end of the month. This article says he uses some of Clay's music.

http://www.thenation.com/article/whistleblowers-composed/

Much of the language in The Source is heavily processed—sung by a group of five human singers (including Hearne), performing with a seven-piece instrumental ensemble, but electronically altered in real time with software like Autotune. Hearne mingles this singing with snippets of samples of recorded vocal music, spoken language, and instrumental riffs from a wildly varied range of sources, from Dinah Washington to Clay Aiken and Big Boi.

That whole bit with the composer sounds...interesting. Can't wait to try and figure out what he used!

Pictures from the National Inclusion Project Gala on Facebook: Link

Pictures from the Founders Reception: Link

Fear, you have a picture in the Founders Reception section!

And I love this rehearsal picture from Clay:

12015096_10153713671881450_1529181882989441385_o_zpsmtt1eyoi.jpg