# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

I've seen bits and pieces of it. Think of it as the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade without the floating balloons, and for Christmas.

And wah, I'll be at a dinner that night. My husband is getting a 20 years of service award at his workplace!

Hollywood Christmas Parade Announces Musical Acts

Clay Aiken and Taylor Hicks are among the musicians to perform at the 84th annual Hollywood Christmas Parade.

Hollywood, CA

By PAIGE AUSTIN (Patch Staff) November 9, 2015

ShareTweetGoogle PlusRedditEmailComments

20151156410ec6ce011.jpg

Clay Aiken, India.Arie and Taylor Hicks are among the musical acts scheduled to perform during the 84th annual Hollywood Christmas Parade, organizers announced today.

Also among those slated to perform on two stages during the parade are Daughtry, Kat Graham, Candice Glover, Sean Kingston, Heather Russell, Ruben Studdard and Ace Young. The event will also feature a performance by Band of Merrymakers, featuring Mark McGrath, Natasha Bedingfield, Tyler Glenn of Neon Trees, Kevin Griffin of Better Than Ezra and Sam Hollander.

Clay's Facebook Page, Nov. 11, 2015

It hardly seems right to call him my "little brother" anymore. Married with two kids, a mortgage and plenty of responsibilities, my brother, Brett Parker, is now someone I look up to more than I am to him. No doubt a lot of that is due to his time serving our country. I couldn't be more proud of all he's done for us and all he's become. To him, and to all of the men and women who have served and sacrificed their time and even their lives.... I say a big "Thank You" and Happy Veterans Day.

12241383_10153107225277102_6272597019782905261_n_zpsvsplyzqh.jpg

Clay just updated his personal FB page profile picture, with an overlay of the French Flag, in support/memory of the people involved in that horrible tragedy.

My prayers are with the French, and all who are dealing with the aftermath of evil. Please pray for peace....