# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

I have really been out of the loop. Hurray for the web concert. :cheerleader::worthy::partydance:

My husband has a staph infection in his knee replacement so they had to remove it. Now he has six weeks of antibiotics in a pic line. After ten weeks he will have another knee replacement. At least he is home. It was tiring running back and forth to the hospital. He can't walk but is feeling a little better.

New email from Nick Leisey:

From our new Executive Director Nick Leisey

The last 12 years have been a wild ride for everyone involved with the National Inclusion Project (NIP). Some of you have championed inclusion for over a decade now, others have become some of NIP’s most loyal supporters, and an exciting number of you have recently joined the effort to ensure inclusion is the expectation. Each one of you are a part of the NIP family, and on November 30th, I will have the humbling opportunity to join this family as Executive Director.

Joining the NIP team is a dream-come-true. Impacting the lives of children has always been a part of who I am. It’s the reason I became a YMCA counselor, it’s absolutely the reason I became a teacher, and I believe this drives my purpose moving forward. NIP is the perfect organization for me because the impact of our work is felt by thousands of children and their families all over the country, there is a tireless base of supporters in each one of you, and I’m in the very fortunate position of being surrounded by a staff that is much smarter than I am.

As many of you know, November 30th is also special for another reason. Our co-founder Clay Aiken will be celebrating a special day of his own! And to celebrate Clay’s 37th birthday, my new path as the Executive Director, and to end 2015 with a BANG, we want to challenge all of you to help us raise $15,000 in 5 days and send 50 kids to camp!

AND if we are able to reach this goal of $15,000 from Nov 30th to Dec 4th, not only will we be supporting the valuable work of the Project and giving 50 more children with and without disabilities the opportunity to attend an inclusive camp, but Clay has enthusiastically agreed to give something back to each of you as a way to say THANK YOU. If we hit our goal of $15,000 and sending 50 kids to camp, he will release another long hidden song to the public. (And before some of you ask, the song is “Glory of Love”!) It’s a Win – Win – Win!

So please take a moment between Nov 30th and Dec 4th

to donate, celebrate and help us spread a little joy and happiness into the lives of children across the country.

Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to working with you all soon!

PS. More information and surprises will be available on our website, Facebook, and Twitter once our week of celebration begins. (And we’ll send you a little reminder on Nov 30th as well)

Sincerely,

Nick Leisey

Executive Director

National Inclusion Project

Perfect, as I was planning to add more to my quarterly donation at about that time anyway!

I agree with you ninna about the tie -- I've seen better. But I've ALWAYS loved the man in glasses, and I think those glasses in particular are striking on him. Make him look smart, IMO. (Not to imply that he's NOT smart, but you know what I mean...)

Clay shared the picture of him talking on the show, on his FB page.

From the National Inclusion Project FB page:

A huge THANK YOU to Jerry Aiken for being our fearless leader for the last 8 years. We wish you all the best for your retirement!

12244295_10153791994466450_2117947819041610703_o_zpsh5uw0x69.jpg

I found a frame that made me look smart once. Didn't get them, have always regretted it! I'm just amazed he seems to have gone back to glasses. Maybe he's channeling Superman/Clark Kent (no one will recognize the entertainer, lol).

The tie I really liked was sort of aquamarine blue. The picture I'm thinking of, he was all in black and the tie just popped.

Excuse me while I giggle, still find it weird I know what Clay has worn when I seldom notice what anybody wears.

I usually can remember his clothes. What I never notice are things like his hair (which seems to be a bone of contention in the fandom, hee!) and if he's gained weight or not.

Outside my house this morning. Was supposed to have a hair appointment today, but my stylist cancelled, as she has an 45 minute drive to get to the salon. We didn't get nearly as much as the northern part of the state though.

IMG_1470_zpsjph5ezom.jpg