# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Hello, I'm already tired and the tournament has not even started.   Clay Walker was at the office today with his huge tour bus.   Sorry wrong Clay!  Oh well.  I'm off to bed.   I know it's early but I'm sure nothing exciting Claywise will break.  

Oooo boy, Clay just wrote another blog for the Huffington Post.  It's BRUTAL toward Trump.  Unfortunately, I don't have time post it now, as I have to be at the desk in 5 minutes.

Also, Clay's appearing NOW on Yahoo Live's website about the NC LGBTQ law.

https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/clay-aiken-on-north-carolinas-anti-lgbt-law-144128274.html

OK, I've got some time now.  First let me catch up with his tweets.  The first is a link to his new blog; the second is a retweet from Lance Gould, the special projects director at the Huffington Post; and the third is a retweet from Entertainment Weekly magazine, linking to the article about how Ruben met Clay.

OK, finally -- Clay's HuffPo blog.

Trump, You're Fired.

Trump, You’re Fired.

03/30/2016 11:00 am ET | Updated 1 hour ago

by Clay Aiken, Democratic candidate for U.S. Representative of North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District

n-DONALD-TRUMP-628x314.jpg

BLOOMBERG VIA GETTY IMAGES

Dear Mr. Trump, 

Maybe it takes one to know one. Maybe the fact that I have lost three times on a national scale has given me a special insight. But I can assure you, I know one when I see one, and you, Donald Trump, are a loser.

I took the liberty of looking up the word “delusion” for you since your advisors clearly haven’t. According to the dictionary, delusion is “a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.” Frankly, I can’t think of a better word to describe your campaign.
You can’t win. The majority doesn’t like you.

That being said, I’m going to do something that you have absolutely no capacity to do. I’m going to apologize. Not to you. I’m apologizing to anyone who may have heard me over the past few months imply that you are an inherently good person. You are not. You are an awful, egomaniacal, attention-seeking fool.

I wish I could remember the gracious person I met while doing Celebrity Apprentice.

Unfortunately, the blabber and idiocy that has dribbled from your mouth over the last eight months has completely wiped any positive memory away. Most unfortunately, perhaps, is that it has been wiped away for many millions who at one point may have had some degree of respect for you. You are now virtually impossible to listen to without screaming at the television.

Admittedly, it took me a while to come to my senses. You of all people can certainly understand how difficult it is to see another point of view. The truth is, I didn’t want to accept the arguments that you were a danger to this country. I did not want to believe that you were the hate spewing, violence-inciting demagogue that so many have seen you as from the moment you announced your candidacy. I wanted to believe that, deep down, you were a good person who was just incredibly caught up in the adoration of a very vocal group of supporters. I wanted to believe that you were saying the things you were saying, not because you believed them — not because you truly thought Mexicans were ruining this country or that we should ban Muslims from the United States — but because you were so hungry for attention and power that you would say whatever was necessary in order to get people to cheer for you. And while that in and of itself is a pretty disgusting and narcissistic trait, I hoped it was all for show and not representative of your core values.

I was wrong. 

I hate saying that, but at least I can say it.

Campaigning is very difficult. One of the interesting things that I discovered during my campaign two years ago is that often times it’s very easy for a candidate to live in a “bubble”. When you’re surrounded by staff who are optimistic, and you’re always speaking to excited audiences, it’s very easy to miscalculate the level of support that you have amongst the general population. I will be the first to admit that my run for Congress was an incredible long shot. It was not a race that I necessarily expected to win and I certainly lost by a large margin. But even though it was a long shot there were many moments when I would speak to a Republican voter who would tell me how much they liked me and how much they were looking forward to voting for me instead of the Republican. In moments like those it’s very difficult not to get enthusiastic and believe that you can win. What I failed to recognize was that for every voter who came up to me and told me they were going to vote for me there were 10 other Republicans who are absolutely not supporting me. 

It’s that damn bubble. 

Donald, rest assured, your bubble is about to burst. For every voter who comes to you and enthusiastically cheers on your campaign, there are hundreds that find you revolting. And according to your 68 percent unfavorable rating, the people hate you. They really, really hate you. 

If you think you are still in control of this campaign, you are delusional. Uh-oh, there’s that magic word again. 

People should not be injured physically when attending one of your rallies. Taking that thought one step further, you should not be condoning brutality at your rallies! The fact that you encourage supporters to punch protesters in the face and then insist you never have — despite video evidence to contrary — is completely ... well... you know the word. 

If you are scared of Megyn Kelly, how the hell are you going to take on our enemies. Tweet them into submission? That’s not how the real world works.

The only one committing atrocities against your First Amendment rights is you — inciting violence, offering to pay legal fees for anyone arrested for cruelty in your name, harboring woman abusers like your campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, priding yourself in endorsements, some of which come from hate groups like the KKK and bigots like Jerry Falwell Jr.

All is lost. 

Your supporters turned to you because they are against establishment politicians who are “on the take” and so easily bought and sold. They want change. What they fail to recognize is that you are one of the ones doing the buying and selling! 

I don’t know what’s worse, the fact that you believe you answer questions intelligently or the fact you can lie so easily to voters. I have watched all the debates and town halls and it baffles me that you can rattle off untruths with such ease. You look into that camera and tell Americans that the unemployment rate is in the 40th percentile without even the slightest bit of evidence. (Sort of ironic coming from a guy with name recognition linked to the phrase, “you’re fired” and a clothing line that’s manufactured overseas.) The latest statistics show that America’s unemployment rate is 4.9 percent. This isn’t a guess. This is a fact. Remember those?

What does it matter, though? You’ll say something entirely different tomorrow anyway. You change your positions more often than the canisters in your spray tan gun. However, unlike most of your platform, you can’t walk back the hateful things you’ve said to offend vast swaths of the American public — women, African-Americans, gays and lesbians, Latinos, Muslims, pretty much anyone with any common sense. The damage has already been done. Congratulations. You once had a vast and respected empire, and the name “Trump” was once synonymous with luxury and quality. Now it’s just synonymous with bullshit. This is the vile legacy you leave your grandchildren.

And it’s only a matter of time before the American people see to it. “You’re fired.”