# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Happy Labor Day!

My husband and I had a grand old time at our statewide blues festival this weekend. It was HOT, but the music was so great! We got to see the fantastic Taj Mahal, and this fantastic "blues meets country meets The White Stripes" group, the Reverend Peyton and His Big Damn Band. Three members of the group!

Today, I'm making crock pot salsa. I also started my husband on "The Runner-Up." I'll let you know what he thinks, but after two episodes, he's laughed in the right places, and made disgusted noises in the right places as well. That's a good sign.

Seriously, who gets up that early and is awake enough to tweet?

My weekend starts today at 2:30. It's been so long since I had a whole 24 hours off work. Need to clean the house, tho. Can't work outside, heavy rain. Doing as little as possible tomorrow!

images%2022_zpsqmfv8w2e.jpg

Shortyjill, in case you stop by, a belated happy birthday! I hope life is treating you well.

Random bit of info I discovered today: google docs or drive or whatever it is these days - it doesn't empty the trash unless you ask it to. I was looking to see how much space I had in my Google Drive storage and It said I was using 6 GB. I thought nah, can't be. Eventually I thought to check the trash and when I emptied it, 4 GBs were gone!

ninna - thanks for all the decorations!!

When I was in school I was told that anything I sewed would not be worth wearing! So I taught myself and ended up making my friends wedding dress, winter coats for my daughter and shirts for my husband. What did that teacher know!

My art teacher told me that my light shines in other directions! I'm still trying to figure out what direction that is!

For me, it seems to be a "spatial" thing. I can't tie a knot to save my soul, so sewing has always been difficult. I also can't organize a room just by looking at floor plans.

However...cooking is easy for me. I think I have a gift of timing; while one thing is cooking on the stove, I can easily start the chopping for the next dish, or something later in the same dish. And then, for some reason, I almost always have all the food come out at the same time, at the time planned for dinner!

If those who don't know...there's some new clack that appeared yesterday. It's very different, but I find it very good!

"my light shines in other directions! I'm still trying to figure out what direction that is! "

Problem is, I'm running out of time to find out!

I sew on a machine, but find it painful and frustrating, better at hand work. I like to cook, just don't do it much. Timing, however, has never been my thing. Managed to start a fire in my oven Christmas Day last year!

Have the new clack, just not my favorite song, which is really painful to say (I don't have to resign or anything, do I? A friend once asked if there was a song Clay sang that I didn't like, to which I said, of course. But it did take me awhile to come up with one!). Maybe if I listen a few more times.

ninna, I cleaned up your post a bit, don't know why the fonts were all weird! And no, we won't kick you out. However...I would strongly suggest you listen to the new clack a few more times. It took me a little bit, but it's now a favorite.

Thanks for cleaing me up! I've noticed that happening when I type, but usually it changes when I post.

Yes, generally listening a few times works, but I think he finally sang something that's not me. His voice, of course, is beautiful, just can't get into the song.