# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Omg he just did a periscope with Quiana.  They are a hoot.  They are in the car and she wants a red bull!  He said he used to small pot in the AI tour bus and the driver told him it was a skunk every night.  Turns out it was two of his bus mates. He said the names but I'm not repeating them. 
He said they lacquered the make up on and she said he looks like a drag queen. His hair was also sprayed so it is crunchy. 

He Was as just on CNN and talked a mile a minute! Obviously recorded. 

Man, I have a Clay hangover right now.  I tried to go to bed at 11 pm, and didn't go to sleep until 1.  Ended up watching Clay on CNN -- once again, he was REALLY good.  I like his "less extreme" views on politics.  And now, it's just after 6 am, and I'm TIRED.

I did watch some of the Periscope as well with him and Quiana.  They should make a road trip comedy show...

One more instagram from last night.  This one makes my heart sing....

Niiiiiice!

From this, "Best Idol Auditions ever":  http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/american-idol-best-auditions-ever.html?mid=facebook_vulture

Clay Aiken, Season 2, "Always & Forever"
I thought I remembered this audition perfectly and then I rewatched it. Aiken had swag. Like serious swag. Sure, he dressed nerdy, but his confidence was sky high, like when he told the judges that if he competed in the first season, he would have definitely made the top ten. Normally, this means the person is going to be a terrible singer, but Aiken's voice was flawless. And not only did he make the top ten, he was runner-up to eventual winner Ruben Studdard. (In my opinion, this was the best final two in the show's history.) But it all begins with this ah-mazing audition:

Bonus: He delivered possibly one of the greatest AI performances (alongside Barrino's "Summertime") when he covered "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

From Waldo and Bernice. Clay was done at Fox and they stopped at McDonald's on the way to the airport. His gps mentioned the airport  at the end. Doesn't he have somewhere to be this weekend? Haven't heard anymore about the thing with Ellen, Lance Bass and others.

Screenshot_2016-04-08-11-59-07-1.png

https://www.yahoo.com/music/moments-like-this-11-american-idol-finale-103416044.html

4. Idol Went Unplugged

The voices of some of Idol’s greatest powerhouses were front and center in this lovely, tasteful, bell-and-whistle-free number – a welcome counterpoint to all the wackiness mentioned above. Katharine McPhee, Casey James, Ruben Studdard, and Amber Holcomb all impressed, but the real stars of this acoustic medley were Carly Smithson, Clay Aiken (back despite trashing the show on Twitter weeks ago, and sounding fantastic), and pop princess Jessica Sanchez. So much talent, all on one stage… this was magical.

Hey sweeties!  Had to say goodbye to the CH (and come check in here to make sure this is good...you stay good!)  I'm glad I have good taste in singers (and friends).

• Like 2

Please child, I said I had good taste - in naughty people!

Except for PerusingOne - who has just put the evil in the evil Houston Posse!

Hi new ninna!  I have plausible deniability for anything I might be accused of!

• Like 1