# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Posted on Michael Orland's FB page by Brandon Rogers, an AI  contestant.  Brandon, Clay and Melinda.

There is also an audio review of the finale that talks about Clay out there.  Will try to find later.

Finally, Clay is now following Carrie Underwood on Twitter, and Clay gained many followers their as well, including Jessica Sanchez.

image.jpeg

Like the new color scheme!  Thanks jmh!

From Twlight926 at CV and Clay Aiken Today.  She volunteered at the Power of Play event.

I'm not very good at recaps I'll try my best!

Today has been amazing! . This was my first time volunteering at the conference ,I've seen pictures but wasn't quite sure what to expect. Adam and I first helped with registration giving out name tags,the program booklets etc. When most people had registered and the day was going to start to soon I saw Clay walk in with Nick ! When Clay walked in I did notice the pants. Clay got his name tag shock one of the interns for The Projects hand then said "hi Brittany how are you" then I was thinking how does he know my name I kept forgetting I had a name tag on.Then not long after that we could hear Aron doing a great job leading the attendees in some ice breaker type games. Aron been with the Project 10 years! After a while I walked into the room were everything was happening got to hear Clay talk about the Project. After Clay talked David DeSanctis who was the keynote speaker spoke he was very inspiring and loves to sing , and dance and Clay Aiken through out Davids speech he would play music that went with what he was talking about he would sing and dance a long and had the attendees sing along. There were a number of times David would mention that he loved Clay I was standing not to far from Clay ,Clay was sitting at a table in the very fount so Clays back was to me but it was fun to watch Clay everytime David mentioned Clay. One time David mentioned that Clay was his role model.

After David spoke their was a break.I was near Nick and he asked me how I and said how I looked happy and always smiling.I messed with my hair Nick kind of saw my tattoo then asked what it was I showed him and he said" I know that phase." a few minutes later I walked up to Clay with Adam and I believe Adam said this is my friend Brittany and then Clay said” I know Brittany”. I shook his hand got a little bit of a hug. I showed Clay my #useyourvoice tattoo ,Clay thought that was pretty neat and said something like” you know that’s something I wouldn’t do”. I didn’t get a picture with Clay though I didn’t think about that until later. Today was still pretty amazing! Clay was gorgeous. 

I then helped with a breakout session with anther volunteer while Adam out to get some donations from a Chick Fil A. While volunteering It was cool to be able to sit in the Breakout sessions. The first one was an inspiring presentation from a mother who has 2 sons and the oldest one has autism. she talked about her story with her son and how important inclusion is. Later on after lunch Adam and I volunteered at anther break out session about conflict The woman who lead this session worked with girls scouts and had some interesting ideas.

After that Adam had to go to anther Chick FilA to get some more donations for the dinner for the attendees.

Today was a lot of fun and inspiring! I’m so glad I was able to volunteer! If at all possible I will be volunteering again next year! The conference is through tomorrow ,but Adam has to work tomorrow. It was great being around people who all believe that inclusion is important.

https://twitter.com/clayaiken/status/719900063217119232

And it looks as if jmh played with the editor overnight again.  Hopefully, this link will show up correctly later today....

Facebook works (see below).  Let's try instagram:

And that worked too.  So Twitter is the culprit.  Hmmmm....

Oh hell, now it works.  Whatever...

Since I'm here, I'll speak to merrieee's comment about this being sad.  I agree -- because to me it's the fear of the unknown or different that's driving it all.  To me, there's so many people out there who haven't ventured outside of their "bubble," rather it be to a different place in the country, or a different place in the world.  I'm a firm believer of expanding your comfort zone as much as possible, just to learn.  I'm not perfect in this, by any regard, but I'm so happy that I've got the confidence to travel to different parts of the country at least, and experience it.  

He is a busy man. For some reason, the sound alert didn't go off on twitter this morning, so I was catching up when he posted the last few. Love the silly one. AND great jeans for a Monday morning

Somehow this didn't post yesterday

Clay's part of the finale is on you tube twice. Since I downloaded it, I haven't been watching it on yt. The whole 7 minute section has over a million hits, while Annie's  Song, posted twice, only has 6,000 together. On a mission to raise those numbers. Anyone care to join me?

Oops that was an accident. But I think I'll keep it. Heh. I realized that something I chose made the bottom part of the posting box, where it says "Drag files here to attach...," unreadable. Could not find a way to change the font, but while I was at it, accidentally changed a couple of other things. So I am happy you like the purple, merrieeee. Cause there's more now.  The new banner is brought to you by ldyj and the ever-handsome Clay Aiken. The color changes for the last few hours that have been making you think you've lost your mind brought to you by me. :scared: