# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

kimiye, thank you for the updates on your sister!  Please let her know we are concerned for her safety. merrieeee, thank you for continuing to check in as well.  Stay safe!

If you can, make donations to help the people (and animals) of Texas. Here is an article with good places to start:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-to-help-hurricane-storm-harvey_us_59a166dde4b0821444c37515

Boy are we getting the rain now.  It is unbelievable.  Every road around here is flooded. My subdivision is ok still but my way out is impassable and my way to work has 10 feet of water on the roads. 

Sis is still okay this morning-- she checked in safe on Facebook and has been commenting on posts.  Still has power and is using cell data since cable/internet is out (but it's being comped by Verizon this week).  She is not too near a bayou and just happens to be on the good side of one of the newer flood control areas, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.  They are releasing some dams and evacuating some areas but there are none of those in her area.

• Like 1

Thanks.   So far so good.  It's hard not to feel guilty beccause we are ok.   It's still raining so we're just waiting and watching.  My co worker just got flooded. She was flooded last year and about three months ago got back in her house.   They built a new freeway and caused the river to reroute so where never flooded now does.  

It's a mess!  Texans are very resilient so as soon as it stops we'll get it fixed.  

• Like 2

It's still raining!  Today has been light to heavy rain all day so it's  not helping.  We are just staying home glued to the tv. There are some very heart warming stories. 

There's a guy here who owns furniture stores that he opened up last night for evacuees. He's feeding them and allowing them to sleep on his mattresses and sit on all his showroom furniture. He is a wonderful person whereas Joel Osteen, the preacher, said his mega church that holds 16,000 people was closed due to flooding. Videos have been taken around the church and its dry.....even the basement! He's worth $50 million dollars and he's asking for donations to help Houston. Bitter.....no not me!

I got to hear a bit more...they spent the first half hour doing nothing but the Seven Things, just because Clay was so behind, Taylor had to explain them all to him!  Then they started on the topic of pettiness -- talked about the Katy Perry/Taylor Swift feud.  By the time I left and got into my car, the discussion morphed into Clay's Trump tweet from last week, and people chiding him for "voting" for Trump.

Now I REALLY have to work.

I'm back -- but haven't caught up to the Taylor show yet this morning.  3 hours takes a while y'all!  Anyway, I forgot about this -- this was before WUWT started this morning.  drmchaser transcribed it from CV, but I heard it as well.

Announcer:  Here is one of Taylor's "Notes of Love" because Clay really wanted his very own love note and he kept asking for one and asking for one and he wouldn't shut up about it.  Taylor sat down and wrote him his very own note of love.

Other voice might be Clay: Really?  Cool!

Taylor:  Dear Clay,

I just love having you on the show cause, I mean, you're Clay Aiken.  You're Clay Frickin' Aiken.  Do you know how cool and amazing and famous-ish that makes me look?  To be, um, "Excuse me Clay Aiken is calling me.  No big deal."  Okay, I wasn't going to tell you this, but I'm going to tell you this now.  It's a confession of a love note.  I love you even though.... you don't really drink.  But, because I love you so much, I'm going to let that slide.  But I promise you, I'm going to get drunk, very very drunk around you and then you're going to constantly reference it on the show and make me feel very very bad about myself.  But isn't that our special magic?

Love ya,

Tay

Listening now....he's going to be on the show EVERY Tuesday in September!

Worst breakup is the surprise topic.  Clay says that he is friends still with all his former boyfriends, except hisfirst, which he admitted was John D.  He also talks about his best friend being bisexual.  Who would that be?  

I'm feeling so guilty right now!  I'm dry and have power.   My dd and I know at least 6 people that have lost everything with no insurance.  

I just went through my house and grabbed up clothes, toiletries and food to give to the local evacuee shelter.  It's amazing how you realise how you don't need this stuff when people have nothing. 

Yes, he confirmed that he would be on every Tuesday in September.  I don't have a clue about the project though...

Listened to more in my car tonight (had to go to a dentist appointment).  He revealed that he has ADHD and is taking Adderall.  Interesting!

The WUWT therapy session is so fascinating!~

Finally got to listen to the whole program. The two of them just get better together each time. Think October might be an interesting month. Hope whatever it is works out the way Clay wants.Will admit I would miss him on WUWT more than I would miss him on Bold (Carrie can really drive me crazy).

Fingers crossed we made it through!

Some of my daughters students have lost everything.  They are already low income so it's just heartbreaking.  She has three faculty also lost all and no flood insurance.  Im going back through all my stuff to see what else I can donate.  We still can't get out of the area  and feel kind of helpless but at least when we can I'll have stuff to take them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

merrieeee, I'm so glad things have settled down there.  Hopefully your donations can help in some small way....

Ooooops.

Clay Aiken's Neighbor Claims His Clogged Toilet Flooded Her Apartment in $60G Suit

What bothers me is that it gives his location.  Not sure that was public knowledge.

4 hours ago, RIFAN said:

What bothers me is that it gives his location.  Not sure that was public knowledge.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  

And here I am encouraging the story, by posting another version of the events.  This one is in the New York Post.  The person suing is a lawyer.  

http://nypost.com/2017/08/30/clay-aiken-facing-60k-lawsuit-over-leaky-clogged-toilet/

We're still ok. In fact my daughter is going to try to go home tomorrow. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I hear she's home safe. Tomorrow her students are gathering to volunteer to help people in her community. She only has 400 students in her school and within one hour of posting 65 have signed up to work. One of the kids that signed up is one that lost everything in the flood and she wants to help others! I took more stuff over to shelters today. I asked the workers what they needed. She said a cowboy hat! One of the guests (we don't call them evacuees) is an old gentleman who lost his hat! That's Texas for you. That's all he wanted! Wish I had one. I feel bad I can't help more but my dd will be going home with some gift cards from Walmart. 😗

Please let us know when your daughter makes it back to her place!  Her students' generosity makes my heart swell.

Wish I could send that guy a cowboy hat.  

Glad you are doing OK and can offer to help others.