# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

I've been sitting here waiting for my dd to call. She drove home today, about 30 miles away. I nearly jumped out of my skin when my amazon echo called me!  I forgot that we can make phone calls through it.   She got there through a roundabout route to avoid some flooding and she never lost power so she's feeling so much better.  

The sun is shining now and it's almost  like nothing happened in my area.  Until you hear reports that the local grocery stores have no milk or bread and are only open shortened hours.  I'm on the east side and we're doing ok but the west side is a whole different story.   At least the new storm in the Gulf is not expected to come here. 

I just went out to the back yard to put furniture grill etc back in place......not!  The fire ants are out in force and the humidity is unreal.  I decided it can wait.  I had one tiny little tree limb come down and nothing else!  Amazing.  

I think I'm going to soak in the tub and take a nap. I've not had a lot of sleep for a week.  Good grief it is a week since we started getting ready.   

9 hours ago, ninna721 said:

20170728_100734.png

I hope we see this handsome face and are exposed to his brilliant mind this Friday on BOLD.  Have missed it so much!

Merrieeee--so relieved that you are ok.  Enjoy that well deserved bath and nap!!!  

My dd helped clear out a house today.  She went through cabinets and closets to clear them out.  Everything that can be washed has to be and the rest thrown out. She said it felt so invasive going through a strangers personal belongings! Right now they will take all and any help they can get. Mould is starting to set in and not smelling too good so time is of the essence. Every single house on the street flooded. Most are less than a year old and since they were not in the so called flood plain they didn't have flood insurance.  

As my daughter texted me the one thing she learned was always buy flood insurance.  Every year I moan about the $400 but if I'd had to use it it would have been priceless.  Mine is relatively cheap because I do not live in a flood plain.  

This week did teach me a lesson about stuff and belongings. At one point we were walking around the house deciding what we would take if we had to leave and I couldn't make any choices. I just froze and felt I was lost!   I now know what is important the rest well it's going to be whittled down.   I'm going to scan all photos  so I will always have them and I have one or two family things that I'd get upset about but really looking around, some of it in the scheme of things just isn't  as important as I thought. 

• Like 1

For my husband: RIP Walter Becker of Steely Dan.  He is to them like I am to Clay.  Got to see them live twice, fantastic shows.

Worked at the Peoria Blues and Heritage Festival yesterday.  Fun but tiring; great music!  Today, grocery shopping!

Looking forward to Clay on Tuesday!

Good news.  My sister in law, who is a VA nurse practitioner is coming to Houston to help. 

Bad news.   She's staying with me!

ive never really gotten along with her so her being here for two weeks is going to drive me nuts.  

Clay is on Taylor this morning, but was only able to listen to a bit of it.  (I actually almost forgot about it...)

Came in on a discussion of what annoys you as a parent. Tidbits: Clay HATES the song Let it Go, didn't like the movie Frozen at all, and doesn't care for Idina Mendez's voice. Parker doesn't like Frozen either. But Clay admires how much money all these kids show people make (like Thomas the Tank Engine and Baby Einstein). Taylor just finds it all very stupid.

Taylor saw Clay on a rerun of his appearance of Law and Order SVU, and freaked out!

And that's all I really got to hear!

Hey gang -- we have a proof of our FCA ad for the National Inclusion Project Gala!  I tentatively approved it, bu wanted everyone to see it first.  Let me know what you think!

Crap, can't do it as an attachment (it was in pdf).  Here's a screenshot of it.

2017-09-05_1350.png