# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

Sorry, Nina--have to disagree. Never have seen him as sexist AT ALL. I think the man just calls it as he sees it and doesn't make allowances if you are a woman. Making allowances would be sexist. 

But, don't worry--I never throw tomatoes!! LOL 

• Like 1

And happy birthday to ldyjocelyn!! Was that Chicago trip an early birthday present?? 

I don't know how you will find time to celebrate today--there is so much to read on Twitter right now that you won't have time for anything else!! 

Happy 11 Anniversary A Thousand Different Ways! 

I remember that morning putting  a tape in for GMA then going over to my sisters to do school work. Then coming home when I was done watched GMA waited impatiently to go to my piano lesson. We went to Walmart after I finally got that cd in my hands. 

My favorite tv appearance Clay did for that album was Jimmy Kimmel. I remember it was on my birthday. That performance of A Thousand Days is still my favorite performance of that song, I just loved it! 

• Like 1

I always thought of ATDW as my birthday album.  Still love so much of it!

Clay is on WUWT!  Seven things right now....

Talking about Nicole Kidman's kiss of Alexander Skaarsgaard's kiss after winning an Emmy. Clay doesn't care, Taylor is freaked out....

Now talking about NYC dream apartments.  Clay says he rents, the rent is more expensive 
Than his mortgage in NYC.

I did get to hear a bit more of WUWT before going to work.  

Apartment stuff:  he says there are only three apartments on his floor.  He is renting from a person, not a company; he originally thought this would be temporary, but obviously that didn't happen.  Square footage of his apartment -- 1500 feet.  Two floors above him is a full-floor apartment -- selling price $9 million, but for 5500 square feet.  Of course, in NYC, that is considered a bargain.  

When I left my car, they were talking to a guy named Rude Jude, who has written two memoirs.  He has a Sirius Radio show on the West Coast, and was also on the Jenny Jones Show.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rude_Jude

I have a love/hate relationship with Taylor -- she's funny, but I find myself hating how judgemental she is.

I think that being judgemental is just part of Tayor's shtick. 

My issue with her is that often she doesn't let Clay finish his thought. (Of course, it's her show--not his--but still....)

As the show ended, he said he had some stories and didn't get to tell them--and would likely forget them by next week.

Honestly, the best part of the show for me is Clay's stories. That's why I listen. 

Ditto to what ninna  and ldyjocelyn just posted!! 

(I love that when I start to type ldyjocelyn the computer finishes it for me!!!)

(Edited because I just noticed that the computer also finished ninna, but autocorrected it to make Nina!!  Guess my computer is not as smart as I thought it was!!)

Hmmmm...a new fundraiser for the National Inclusion Project:

https://www.inclusionproject.org/news/championsgala/vote-song/

STEP 1: Submit a Song

From September 22-28, submit the song below that you’d love to see streamed live to your computer/phone. We’ll choose the top five requested songs and you can vote with a donation for your favorite to be streamed live! You can submit as many songs as you’d like (just don’t submit same song multiple times, please). If you submit a song, you’ll receive email updates on this contest & the National Inclusion Project.

STEP 2: Vote with a Donation to the National Inclusion Project 

From Oct 2-11, everyone, including YOU, gets to vote ($1 = 1 vote) for one of the top five requested songs. Vote early and vote often and tell everyone else to vote, too! All money raised goes to the National Inclusion Project to ensure children with and without disabilities can play, learn and laugh TOGETHER.

(There is a $10 minimum to vote. Link to voting site will be located on this page when live.)

STEP 3: Watch Facebook on Oct 28th

Lastly, don’t forget to watch the National Inclusion Project’s Facebook page on Oct 28th to see what could be YOUR favorite song streamed live from the Champions Gala!

ninna -- jinx!

So, any ideas that we can pool together to see what Clay would want to sing?  Or we want him to sing in general?

I'd suggest "The End of the Innocence" by Don Henley, but not many people know that....

I suggested three so far:  "Thinking Out Loud" by...hmmm, Ed Sheeran.  *g*  

"The End of the Innocence" by Don Henley

"Walk Away Renee" by The Left Banke (which I think Clay would laugh at the suggestion, if nothing else)