# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

8 hours ago, ninna721 said:

Just getting a blank page instead of the vault sign in page😥

Contact dancermom at CV.  There were several people lately that have been reporting problems getting into the vault.

I'm sure Clay wil receive plenty of hateful comments, but he is spot on!!  He's really criticizing the judges--not Catie. Although I personally am amazed that she even got this far. I listened to that song--it wasn't just that she forgot the lyrics--just didn't sound good at all. She seems extremely immature and perhaps the judges sense that she wouldn't take criticism well--who knows?  In any case, he said a couple of years ago that she was not ready--she still isn't.

It really is doing the kids a disservice to say that everything they are doing is wonderful. Kind of like giving everyone a trophy who participates. Constructive criticism doesn't hurt anyone--it helps them to grow and it helps to prepare them for the tough music business. 

• Like 1

I agree RIFan. 

I don’t like Katy Perry much either. I do like some of her songs though. 

There are people who are replying to Clays tweets who want the judges to say nice things and not criticize tthe sings to harshly, but are saying nasty things about Clay. 

Clays taking  about the judges and the show itself not the singers. 

I noticed that besides a couple of tweets a saw a fan arguing, with someone defending Clay ugh. I haven’t seen fans defending Clay their posting comments about the show  but not going off about his accomplishments etc. to the negative tweets I  know Clay does NOT want us to defend him. 

I agree with Clay. I haven’t seen every episode of idol this year I’ve seen some of it. 

First of all, I think it interesting enough that Clay is actually commenting on Idol.  He may be watching, he may just be seeing clips, but either way...I kinda thought that ship sailed.

Secondly:  reading comprehension seems to be a thing of the past.  Yeah, it was more on the judges than Catie, but so many can't see past that.  (Having said that, I seem to remember similar things happening in 2003...)

Third:  I agree with both of you RIFan and Twilight.  It really doesn't do a service to be like that for these singers, especially if they want a career in  show business.   I know "The Voice" takes lumps on that too; to me, the big difference is that the COACHES on The Voice are more coaches, and I would bet that if a performer doesn't have a bad show -- they may not say something on the show per se, but would probably talk to them later to try and improve.  That's what I'd like to believe anyway!  But the JUDGES on Idol, I believe, just make their critiques once a week and done.  Not quite the same.

Finally, I've seen the "defenders of Clay" come out again this week too.  Makes me kind of sad, really.  I was hoping we were finally past that.  Sigh.

For the record, Ada Vox (whom Clay and she had a gracious exchange last week) inserted herself into this week's events, and IMO not in a good way.  I've seen one article about all this.

Having said all that, I love my King of Controversy.

I love our king of controversy too! 

I really wouldn’t know if Idol has been talked about in the media but if nothing else I think Clays tweets and then the  article last week  got people talking about Idol. 

From reading on CV Wendy Willams May of talked about Clays tweets today. 

2 hours ago, Twilight926 said:

I love our king of controversy too! 

I really wouldn’t know if Idol has been talked about in the media but if nothing else I think Clays tweets and then the  article last week  got people talking about Idol. 

I should have said "OUR king of controversy too!"  Because I'm inclusive and all that...

Who knows, maybe Clay is on the payroll of AI on the sly, since he seems to make it so people talk about Idol!

Heh, I crack myself up sometimes...I