# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

So sorry you have been so sick, ldyjocelyn!!  Hope you are nearing the end of it!

It's been in the single digits here in NH and the demand for oil is exceeding what can be delivered. They have enough oil, just not enough people to deliver it--and they've been working round the clock. It's a statewide problem.  So, when our tank showed 1/4 full last week, DH called and they said they couldn't get to us until January 24!!  We knew we'd never make it that long.  Well, we ran out Sunday during the night--woke up to 58 degrees (which isn't too bad). It seems our oil gauge is not really all that accurate. So DH called and they said they could move us up to Friday--the best they could do. We cannot blame them--they've always been reliable--it's just beyond their control.

Fortunately, DH knew that he could use diesel from a gas station. So, he has made multiple trips with gas cans and has put 35 gallons in to hold us over. He may need to go back before Friday.  I have the heat turned waaaaay down in the bedroom and wore a turtle neck and LLBean fur lined shirt to bed--also have a toasty warm down comforter.  So, we are fine--but, it was a bit scary before I realized DH could use the diesel--was worried about freezing pipes, etc. The weather is a balmy 38 degrees today and will warm up more this week, so that will also help.  I will be relieved when we get our oil!!!

It really is absurd that we ran out--we have two oil tanks which hold a total of over 600 gallons!  But, we never realized that the oil gauge is so inaccurate.  Lesson learned!!!

It looks as if the video feed had some problems, because he posted again, that "the feed is back."  I won't link to that one here....

In the meantime, I'm home again today!  I went to the doctor again yesterday -- he decided that besides antibiotics and an inhaler, I needed nasal spray.  I have such bad post nasal drip that it's causing adult whooping cough!  Not enough to kill me (as it could children), but still....I'm sleeping a lot if I can, and drinking lots of fluids.  

The killer part is that my husband's birthday is this weekend!  We're supposed to be going to see comedian John Mulaney in Indianapolis on Sunday, so I've got to be WELL!  Hopefully one more day of rest (and watching "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon Prime) will help in that regard!  Anyway, if you don't see me much this weekend, it's because I'm giving my husband lots of time!

• Like 1

Nice pic!  I have a day off work.  Yesterday it was almost 60 degrees and today will be in the 20s!  Right now it’s raining and  we will be getting ice and snow later.   For us it’s a big deal because no one knows how to drive in it and overpasses will freeze. But Sunday it’s supposed to be 70!

Yikes!  Ice in Houston!  That's not good!

My husband and I did go to Indianapolis Sunday, driving back on Monday.  It snowed overnight Sunday, so our trip back was very interesting.  I think we went through every possible weather combination we could!  Started off with just wet roads, but found ourselves slowing down considerably at one bridge, which had iced over.  We also drove through blowing snow and fog.  Stopped for lunch halfway through the drive -- cold but sunny.  It was weird.

I'm at about 80% better.  Good days and bad days -- still got the cough, trying to get rid of the gunk in my chest!

• Like 1

We have quite a bit of snow and of course none of our roads have been cleared. I have to take my husband to the foot doctor today but cant get ahold of anyone. They said they were delayed until 10 and his appointment is 10:45. I want to get him there as he might have an infection. We live on a hill but I can slide down it with the car and hope no one is trying to come up it. Always something. Just glad schools are closed so I don't have to drive my granddaughter this morning.

In the south snow is a great fear of many. I just hate ice, so be careful merrieeee.

Fear, hope everything turned out OK. Did you get your hubby there and back? Here it didn't get started until mid-morning. We ended up getting somewhere around 9 to 12 inches, which is quite unusual for here! We got more in Chatham than anywhere else in the Triangle--hope we've had our quota now. It's really pretty to look at - so glad I don't have to go anywhere. The power flickered several times this afternoon, which made me quite nervous, but none of that since it got dark.

Made it to the doctor just fine. He didn't suspect an infection, just fluid seeping out of a wound he reopened by banging his leg against the dishwasher door. Just have to watch it and let him know if it gets worse. Glad we went anyway.

Today it is ice but yesterday mostly snow. We had 6 inches or so. Biggest challenge is getting the dog out. I had her out yesterday but it was so cold she started having trouble breathing.  I'll put doggy pads in the laundry room and hope she can figure out what they are for. 

I hope you are doing ok in the snow jmh.

Wow, you in NC have more snow than we do in Illinois!  In some ways I'm sure you think it's great -- but then, no one knows how to deal with snow very well down there!  Please travel safe, and post pictures if you can!

https://bold.global/robmorelli/2018/01/18/watch-friday-10amet-congressman-ted-lieu-weighs-daca-north-korea-government-shutdown/

Great guest list for tomorrow's Bold, and Clay will be on!

• Rep. Ted Lieu, Congressman for California’s 33rd District
  • Alicé Anil, Documentary Filmmaker
  • Teddy Kupfer, Political Journalist at the National Review Institute
  • John Fugelsang, Comedian and Host of Page Six TV
  • Jody Avirgan, FiveThirtyEight Politics Podcast Host
  • Heather Monahan, Business Expert and Founder of #BossInHeels
  • Nancy Silberkleit, Co-CEO of Archie Comics

The last one is interesting because of this:

We will wrap up the morning with our Bookstr segment, featuring the Co-CEO of Archie Comics, Nancy Silberkleit. We’ll hear about her anti-bullying efforts and discuss the National Inclusion Project, which is a nonprofit organization co-founded by our very own Clay Aiken!

Everything is fine and jolly here. Fortunately I don't have anywhere I have to go, and had done my weekly grocery shopping with the possibility in mind. Power never went off either. A lot of people did lose power so I'm lucky. Today there was much melting, but it will take more, and schools and so forth will still be closed tomorrow. This is better than the last snow this season after which it never did get above freezing for at least 5 days after--less precipitation but lot of staying power.

I took these pictures this morning around 10:30. Some areas still look like this. The snow has slid about half way down my skylights. And it hasn't slid off anyone's roofs yet. Lots of icicles hanging from the eaves out back tonight. 

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

Very pretty jmh!  As I said, we don't have any of that around here, and this weekend it could hit 50 degrees.  With my bronchitis, I wish it would just pick a temperature and stick with it!

Bold for today: