# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

15 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Thanks so much for this!!  I watched on Periscope until it stopped working. Went to Facebook later and could not get it wot work.  (I confess I pouted just a bit!). Now I will be able to watch the whole thing--thanks to you!!!

There lots of problems yesterday. It was weird. I started on Facebook, somehow got kicked to periscope, which kept reloading, back to Facebook, which would stop then start again a few seconds before it stopped. And then would just keep doing that. Was great to see Clay, tho.

Decided to watch AI last night--hadn't seen it for nearly 10 years (except for final show when Clay was on).

Was prepared to really dislike Katy Perry-but, I liked her. Knew I'd like Lionel Ritche and had never heard of Luke Bryant. 

Enjoyed the show enough to keep watching. Was interested to listen to Catie Turner after reading an article where she spoke about being upset when she auditioned during the last season and was told by Clay that she wasn't ready yet.  She didn't take it well and didn't seem to realize that he was very qualitified to be a judge. She couldn't understand being cut by a "former contestant". In all fairness, she was a baby when his season was on and totally missed all of the excitement, etc. I'm sure she didn't know a thing about him and didn't realize just how talented he is.

But, I think she should realize that he most likely spoke the truth and did her a huge favor--because now she is more ready and did get the ticket to Hollywood.  She probably wouldn't have made it past the other judges had he let her through during that last show. Anyway, I wish her well and hope she realizes that Clay is actually very fair and knows what he is talking about.

I liked several who auditioned last night--they did all seem so young, though. No one stood out to me the way Clay did. (I suspect no one ever will!)

Wonder if anyone else is watching. 

25 minutes ago, ninna721 said:

So many articles about AI. Clay seems to get a mention in every one. Strangest comment so far:

"Neil Sedaka pained with admiration after being introduced to the impossible, unknowable concept of Clay Aiken"

That is a weird comment. I wonder if there is a misprint there--trying to think of a substitute for the word "pained".

I'd love to see some of the articles--where are you seeing them?? 

I didn't watch American Idol last night.  There are other things on TV I like -- last night it was "American Ninja Warrior."  Tonight, it's The Voice.  Yes, that show is really more about the coaches, but that's OK with me -- I like the four coaches this season.  I've also found several artists, while not household names, that I follow on social media and buy their music.  AI holds no interest for me.  No hatred either -- just don't care.

I've seen lots of these articles too -- I have a Google News alert set up for Clay.  I haven't been bringing most of them over to our news section, as they do seem to be just passing mentions.  That Neil Sedaka comment?  Could it be "panted with admiration?"

Yes, I get google alerts. I would send you the alerts if I had your email address. I guess I wasn't noticing Sedaka as pained, think it might have fit with rest of the sentence. I was more focused on the impossible, unknowable concept of Clay Aiken.

Oh merrieeeee...so sorry!

For those who don't know....she works for a company in charge of a major golf tournament.  This tournament is Easter weekend, so she's just a bit swamped.  Like a LOT swamped.

RIP Stephen Hawking.  A brilliant man, with a sense of humor.  Loved him on "The Big Bang Theory," but I'll always remember him playing poker with Data, Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton on "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

@clayaiken: I ain't tryna lie. My "divorce" from iPhone and Apple has been the most satisfying breakup I've ever had. Jus sayin' #GooglePixel  @projectfi http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwhvjzzjY

its early and the crazy has not yet begun today!  So hello everyone.  I went to a lecture by Stephan Hawking.  Let’s just say the only thing I understood was when he showed a pic of him on Star Trek!  He said it was his favourite thing he ever did.  

• Like 1