# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

What a week!  The week before school starts is always hectic for us in the community college world, and this one was a doozy.  Add to it the news of the week, and I'm soooooo tired at the moment....

I'll try to catch up with the news thread later this weekend....

I'm glad things were quiet in the clay world.  I had to have an ultrasound on my eye.......yeah I'd never heard of that either.  I have a mark on my retina that looks like a freckle and he wanted to make sure it was not cancerous.  it's not.  I was in the office three hours for a ten minute test.  I couldn't see to drive when I got out so I called in sick for the rest of the day.  

I don't know what it is that makes sitting around so tiring.   I was exhausted by the time I finally got home. So thanks clay for not opening your mouth today.  

it was a nice surprise to get 2 songs last night I kind of needed that. It's been hard with having to put my dog to sleep almost 2 weeks ago then after working 6 and half years at Walgreens I'm having to go back through VR to get s job coach to look for anther job. Walgreens started cutting my hours back in April then I only worked once in June and again once in July. Walgreens worked out really well being really close to home . My job trainer who leads my group I feel blessed to know she is so sweet has an idea for me to work at The JCI thrift store there's a couple other clients that work there that would be perfect but whatever happens I hope I'm not not of work for long. It's hard to find something when you can't drive I rely on my sister for rides. Getting to hear Clay sing made me happy!

RIP Mr. Lewis.  

Twilight, sorry to hear about your job situation.  My hope is that your job trainer can help you and support you -- and that things work out for you!

To make sure we're complete, here's Moon River:

And here is Something About Us:

• Like 1

So sorry twilight. Hopefully you can find an even better job with more hours. 

I enjoyed the eclipse sitting on my back deck with a piece of cardboard and another piece of copying paper to reflect the sun on. At the same time texting with my older son in Oregon. We sent pictures to each other. His girlfriend lives in Alaska, northern Alaska. So not sure if she saw anything .

I didn't  get to see anything of the eclipse!  Everyone in the office just left and I can't leave the phones.  This is nothing new. It that's a whole different story.  So I looked at this eclipse today....it was my cat whose name was eclipse. 

IMG_0084.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you everyone! Hopefully it won't to long to find a new job , have to go through a couple of steps with VR before I can start looking with a job coach.  

Cant get enough of Moon River so pretty! 

I was able listen to the first few moments of Wakeup With Taylor and Clays not on today.