# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

Wish BOLD had gone on vacation during the time Clay was with Parker!!  It's been a while and I miss it.

Just read "Finding Gobi" on the plane from Callifornia.  I highly recommend it. It was one of the books from the Bookster segment of BOLD.

It's a heartwarming story and an easy read.  

Right now it's a glorious sunny day! Waiting for tomorrow round 5 when it's supposed to start.  My boss is thinking about whether to close the office or not.......you know golf is so important in a hurricane.   

17 hours ago, merrieeee said:

Right now it's a glorious sunny day! Waiting for tomorrow round 5 when it's supposed to start.  My boss is thinking about whether to close the office or not.......you know golf is so important in a hurricane.   

Just talked to my sister, who is working today at Shriners and worrying about getting home after her meeting this afternoon.  She's in a rental duplex with her pets in south central Houston, but has her home in Sugar Land for sale and her son in her rental house in San Marcos to worry about.  They had enormous damage from the last storm (I think it was Ike) and had to replace roof, ceilings and walls.  Water damage was inside the walls, so it wasn't immediately evident how bad it got.  

Stay safe, and hope your boss comes to his senses!  

He's letting us go at noon and will monitor the situation.   It's raining quite a bit already but we're not supposed to get the winds so I'm not too worried  I don't think I'll flood and as long as the wifi stays I'll be ok.  

• Like 1

I am so worried about all of our Clay friends in the path of the hurricane. We don't have hurricanes up here in ND, but we certainly know what it's like to have flooding. I just can't imagine 30 to 40 inches of rain. If that happened here, the whole eastern part of the state would be underwater since we are so flat. 

Stay safe those who are in the path. 

Since I am north of the actual landfall all I can do is sit and wait.  So right now I am bored and sleepy!   We are expecting a lot of rain but no hurricane wind speeds.  We're concerned about the power going out and therefore the wifi.  My daughter came over to be with me and she's thinking of going back to her home, which is closer to the bay.   Why?   I have no HBO and she'll miss game of thrones!

We seem to be in an area where everything bad is going around us.  We've had a fairly mild day and kind of felt guilty that it's not worse.  We think a tornado touched down about a mile from me!  As I'm typing this we just got a terrific downpour! It's not over yet!

• Like 1

I was just reading something about the weather in Houston, and it sounds like the worst of it will be tomorrow for you merrieeee!  Thanks for checking in and please continue to stay safe.  Tornadoes are not fun....so I can't even imagine hurricanes!

Take care. This is scary weather. I read an article where a homeless man was interviewed. He decided to stay under the bridge because he couldn't smoke or drink in a shelter, but was still concerned about what would happen to him and his belongings. Hope everyone remains safe with a minimum of damage. Horrible situation.

Sister hanging in there, sheltering in place in her condo.  Front yard full of standing water, but has not gotten worse.  It's still raining, though, and the constant tornado warnings are nerve wracking.  Important stuff moved upstairs.  Still has power. She is not near any of the bayous that are overflowing, so it's mostly just hoping that the drainage can keep up with the rainfall. Her house in Sugar Land is apparently okay so far.  

• Like 1