# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

11 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Who may or may not be dead. I'm reading reports that he is still hanging on...

After being off life support for several hours, he has now passed away. RIP Mr. Petty.

Its a big problem in NC. The court threw out our redistricting which was racially discriminatory and our legislature made a few changes and voila , it's still discriminatory. We need a new method of selecting our districts, preferably an impartial method. I so agree with Clay.

• Thanks 1

Apparently they are using Facebook today.  Have been sitting here waiting for the periscope to start. 

Cannot watch Facebook live on iPad!!  #veryfrustratedand disappointed!!

Will try to get replay later this evening.  Made sure I was home from 10-11 today for BOLD.  Wish they'd be consistent. You never know if they will periscope or not.  Sorry to be so grumpy--just very disappointed--was so looking forward to seeing him live after so many weeks of not having him on!!  I am one who loves him on BOLD.

I found also that using Facebook on iPad doesn’t work but I d/l the Facebook app and now I can see the videos.  Don’t know why but it works.  

The hair looks really good.  Makes him look distinguished.   He’s going to be back next week too.  

2 hours ago, merrieeee said:

The hair looks really good.  Makes him look distinguished.   He’s going to be back next week too.  

When Taylor was on her friend's podcast, she commented on his hair. That before he looked like a boy (or young man), now he looks like an adult (she said older, but then said "oh, don't tell him that!). Don't think she meant he looks old, just that he looked like an adult male.

I tuned in late but the woman discussing taxes seemed pretty sharp.Clay said something like she made taxes sexy and he finds himself nodding in agreement with her although he knows he really doesn't agree with her. His commentator voice gets better all the time and he really looked the part today, mature and sophisticated.

• Like 1

https://www.inclusionproject.org/news/championsgala/6281-2/

Gala Live Auction and Raffle Items:

Raffle Items

2 Gold Tickets to the 2018 Champions Gala
A Pair of Black Onyx Stud Earrings from Diamonds Direct
Dinner for you + a friend with Diane Bubel & Nick Leisey before the Gala

Raffle tickets will be sold at all events Friday and Saturday. The winners for the Gala tickets and earrings will be drawn on stage at the Gala Saturday night. There will be 2 raffle tickets drawn for the Dinner with Diane and Nick (so 4 winners in total) at the end of the Games and Basket Benefit around 4pm on Saturday.  More details about dinner time (Oct 28th ~6pm) and meeting location will be available when you purchase raffle tickets.

tacori-black-lightning-silver-crescent-sdiane-dinner-300x200.jpg

Live Auction Experiences

Game Night

dinner2012groupshot

Back by popular demand is GAME NIGHT! Join Clay for a memorable night of board games, mouth-watering pizza, and the opportunity to spend some quality time with the NIP co-founder himself.  We will work with your group to find a time and location that works for everyone.

* Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodations – (For up to 10 people)

Dinner at Faye’s

Why mess with a good thing? Our first ever “Dinner at Faye’s” was a smashing success and Faye is determined to make this year even better! A group of lucky NIP supporters will be welcomed into the home where Faye raised Clay for over 30 years and was mildly successful at getting him to eat his vegetables! Join Faye, Clay, and Nick for a re-creation of the home cooked meals that Faye made Clay as a child. This is a one of a kind opportunity to reminisce about the good old days!

* Participants are responsible for their own travel to and accommodations in the Raleigh area – (For up to 5 people)

Broadway with Ben and ClayDear-Evan-Hansen-Musical-Broadway-Show-T

Ben and Clay are excited to be your hosts for a memorable evening of dining and entertainment in New York City. The evening will begin with Ben and Clay hosting a dinner at one of their favorite restaurants in Manhattan. After dinner, they will guide you over to the Music Box Theater where the two winners will sit in Ben’s reserved seats for an evening performance of Dear Evan Hansen! Then after the show, join Ben and Clay backstage for pictures and a behind-the-scenes look at how the cast puts on this award-winning musical.

* Participants are responsible for their own travel to and accommodations in NYC. The date to be determined based on winner’s schedule and ticket availability – (For up to 2 people)

8 hours ago, ninna721 said:

I actually watched on periscope, cuz I got that notification first. Love the hair.

Screenshot_20171006-091008.png

I'm so glad I just came here now instead of messing around trying to get Facebook to replay!  I don't know why I didn't get the notification for Periscope.  Couldn't even find it when I looked.  Anyway--it's there for replay and I am a happy camper. I should remember that good things come to those who wait!!

Just read below about Jerome being at the Gala--wonderful news Also read below about the BOLD donation to NIP--fantastic!!

SO GLAD HE IS BACK!!!!

Hello all!

Had a busy weekend, so no time to really check in.  I have a one-credit class that I start teaching a week from today.  I've taught the class before, but there's a revision of the textbook (fortunately, very cheap, only $15), and I needed to make sure my previous class was relevant to the book.  It was, mostly, except for chapter numbers.  I do have a couple of online tutorials to revise though.

Yesterday was a BUSY day.  Church in the morning, and then church again in the afternoon -- we've FINALLY gotten a new Pastor, after over a 2 year search.  He seems great, and we're happy.  Anyway, the Bishop of our Synod installed our new guy yesterday afternoon, and my bell choir provided some of the music.  Then, my husband went for dinner.  Finally, we both went to see Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys.  He looks frail, but he still rocks pretty hard.  He also doesn't hit the high notes anymore; Al Jardine's son Matt does that for him.  Didn't get home until 11 pm last night, so I didn't get to sleep until after midnight!  And then up, this morning at 6.  Ugh.