# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

Clay has opinions!  Carrie Sheffield was featured on the POTUS' Facebook page, talking about the "liberal" media.  Here's a link to the article:

https://bold.global/carrie-sheffield/2018/05/30/bold-founder-carrie-sheffield-featured-on-potus-facebook-page/

Here's Clay's response:

“Republicans control the Congress. Republicans control the White House. Conservatives control the Supreme Court. Republicans own the majority of governorships. Republicans control the majority of state legislatures. The most watched network in all of news (in fact in all of cable) is a conservative channel. EVERY SINGLE major newspaper that would be considered liberal, devotes considerable (and exclusive) space to conservative opinion writers. While exactly zero of the newspapers with a conservative bent print columns from liberal writers. And yet… the most reliable (and indisputable) measure of where the country as a whole stands on the ideological spectrum is the national presidential vote. A vote which the Republican candidate has won ONLY twice IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE! Therefore, Republicans and conservatives have outsized influence on policy and basically have control of every single level of government … and yet they still bitch and moan incessantly! Nonstop.  

You are NOT being biased against. You are NOT being bullied. You RUN the f***** country. I have never heard such pitiful whining in my life outside of preschool.” 

I hate that Joy has her past for which she has to account. But sounds like she went a little overboard with her views. I agree with Clay, she really needs to discuss her past opinions and why she believed what she did back then and unfortunately will have to leave. I would rather the infowars guy go away.

1) There are some extra tweets (replies actually) from Clay from last night.  They are included in the Twitter thread.

2)  That article in the post above this one?  Well, it's only partially right -- just not our Clay.  A retweet from our Clay:

3) My guess as to why Mr. Aiken may not be there today?  This, from Ruben:

I wouldn't be surprised if Clay attended the funeral.  Hope no fans show up thinking it could happen.  My sympathies and prayers are with Ruben and his family.

:hi:

Did something stupid yesterday...fell down a step and landed hard on some concrete.  Scraped up my right knee and elbow pretty darn good, the knee more so than the elbow.  And of course, the right side of my body is where my hip replacement is!  It seems to be fine, thank goodness!  Most of the pain (for now) is because of the scrape.

16 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

:hi:

Did something stupid yesterday...fell down a step and landed hard on some concrete.  Scraped up my right knee and elbow pretty darn good, the knee more so than the elbow.  And of course, the right side of my body is where my hip replacement is!  It seems to be fine, thank goodness!  Most of the pain (for now) is because of the scrape.

Oh no!!  I gasped when I read this. So glad your hip seems ok, though. Take care.

Ouchie!

As of today I am unemployed.  When there is no golf tournament there’s no need for staff!   Oh well.   I walked across the hall to tell the other office about deliveries and guess what they are looking for someone that fits my job description so I’m going to talk to them.  Who knows.  

• Thanks 1

merrieee, sorry to hear about your job....but hopefully this new one will pan out for you!

I'm doing better today.  Never did feel as if I fell, so the main thing I'm dealing with is the major scrape on my right knee.  I'm having to use a wrap on it, just to keep the band aid on it.