# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

08DBFAD3-8853-4B23-9FA0-DB27EC54F12C.thumb.jpeg.6cf7d6315ee3ab59acb5dba3c95d227b.jpegI know how Clay feels, basically saying “screw it, I’m proud of you” -

So on this Veterans Day I will post my son.. fresh out of bootcamp 14 yrs ago, still works intel in the AirForce, just made Master Sergeant and stationed in Germany. We haven’t seen him in a year and a half, hopefully fly over there after pandemic is over - if he isn’t back in the states by the time that happens! So Happy Veterans Day to Veterans past and present and their families~ b/c they sacrifice too 🇱🇷

• Like 1

My dad served in WW2 and the Korean War.  My husband was in the Air Force and was in Vietnam. Funny thing I have photos of him there, talked personally to people that knew him there and he has the Vietnam Medal on his uniform (which I still have) and yet when I contacted the powers that be, regarding Agent Orange, they have no record of him being there. I know what he did was very hush hush and for many years he was forbidden to talk about it but you think there’d be something official. But no.

Wow, that is sad but very interesting.. thinking about all of those that sacrificed so much for this country and  {{{merrieee}}}

One of my older brothers went to Vietnam in the early 70’s and would never talk about it. For different reasons, but tells a lot. 

It really does frustrate me how much silence there is regarding wars our country have been involved in, and the trauma soldiers experienced.  Sometimes being the "strong silent type" isn't good, you know?  I'm not trying to minimize what anyone has said here...

Clay retweeted this:

I finished the podcast this morning -- and it wasn't TOO bad.  It was actually fairly respectful, even though I think the guest is towing the line regarding most Republican talking points (specifically about the election -- if I hear the word "glitch" one more time, that's one time too many!).  However, it was interesting to learn that Clay wanted a Republican on this week, and specifically asked for her.  He also did a really good job of holding her feet to the fire in regards to answering his questions.

You know, it's about time to create a new thread around here!  I'm going to scour around for a good Clay quote as a thread title....and will make the link sometime here in the next day or so.

And so the bullshit tweets begin 🙄 

Clay’s podcast is so awesome this week! I know I’m going on about it, but man does it ever show how badly we need this kind of talk right now! Anna even says it starting at 53 mins in. 

There is even discussion about Monsanto and the agent orange cover up..let me know if u listen to it, I would love to discuss....

U should!  

The answer is: Both sides are going to have want to have to

Ok get out there Clay and spread the word! He has the perfect mix of charm ..extends the olive branch, gets them to grab on, and then pulls them back to his side. ❤️❤️

• Like 1

Well after 2 weeks of my daughter going upstairs when she gets home and not coming back down till she leaves for work we finally had a couple of meals together! Well guess what? They think another kid in her class has COVID.  Back to isolating!

I hear ya! I’m quarantined right now too

my son’s school isn’t even contact tracing anymore 😡and he was around a fellow worker who tested positive and he wasn’t told. We found out from a mutual friend, just wrong! Luckily we were only around him outside a couple of times,  but still anything can happen .. ridiculous (superintendent  needs to stop worrying about getting yelled at by parents! & more about his employees health)!

Crap -- really?!?!?!  People can be so stupid anymore, especially regarding this virus.

I'm homebound until Sunday, when I'm getting up really early to get groceries, and then a small group church meeting.  Once that is over, I don't think I haven anywhere to go for over a week, and I'm glad.  I think my state is about ready to close up shop again.