# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

Scroll down for a nice pic of Clay out and about on broadway.   Scroll further down and there are some pics of Thayne   (Clay’s friend)

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Coverage-The-Stars-Come-Out-For-Invited-Dress-Rehearsal-Of-Harvey-Fiersteins-TORCH-SONG-20181009

Happy Anniversary 15th MOAM! I remember going to a CD release party at RaleighWood, I went with my Friend Amanda her mom and my sister Lacey then later Amandas mom went home my Sister Darice stayed with us. I remember staying after midnight watching Clay on Jay Leno. I couldnt wait to open that Cd.

I drove 3 hours to spend the night with someone I had never met before -- and sadly, I don't keep in touch with, because she's left the fandom.  Anyway, neither she nor I had listened to any of the "leaked" tracks, so we were truly MOAM virgins!  The Chicago party was held at a Red Robin restaurant, and the TV's were tuned to the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, which we all watched en mass.  As soon as it was over, we walked to the nearest record store (don't even remember the name of it) and got in line to purchase.  As soon as I got in the car, the wrapper came off!  It took us exactly one play of the album to get from the record store to my friend's apartment.

The other thing I remember was driving home the next day.  3 hours in a pouring rain, listening to MOAM over and over and over.  Then, that night, my husband (smart man that he is) asked to hear it.  Still, to this day, he hears "Run to Me" and associates it with that album.  It was his favorite.

Personally, I'm a "Perfect Day" junkie.

I didn’t go to any release parties. Lived in RI at the time and not sure if there were any. Wasn’t even on any boards back then, but I think I read at CB so I knew when he’d be on my TV, etc.

I do remember rushing to the store after school to pick up MOAM (which I had reserved). The ride home from the store was only about 15 minutes and I wanted to hear more of the CD while I was driving, so I took a real detour and went a long way out of my way. I wasn’t as familiar with this route and almost missed a stop sign. It would have been awfully embarrassing if I’d had a fender bender!  How would I have ever explained what I was doing over in the next town on my way home from school!!  

I think “Touch” was playing when I came to that stop sign, so it has always been kind of special and when I play it I think of the first time I heard of it. I know Clay hates that song, but I love it. I love everything he has ever sung.

The funny thing is that when “Tried and True” got delivered to my mailbox (Amazon order), I had a house full of company so I knew I wouldn’t get a chance to really hear it until they left. We had ordered pizza and I immediately offered to drive in to town to get it so I could listen on the way in.  I took my time and sat outside the pizza place while Unchained Melody was playing. I was in sheer heaven. 

So, I listened to both of those albums for the first time while driving—lucky that I was able to stay on the road.

Oh, God.  And that reminds me of the time I went to Walmart and got the People magazine with the center spread of him—I opened it up and left it on the passenger seat so I could keep looking at it. Talk about a distracted driver!!!

Does anyone know which one I mean. It’s the one with the crinkly shirt. One of his best pictures ever. 

THUD!!

That’s the one!

I must have that people magazine stashed somewhere in the depths of our basement. I have my Clay tote bag that I got when I joined the fan club and those special magazines and concert programs are in it. I may have to visit it!!  But, in the mean time I will just come here and feast my eyes on that picture. 

I knew you’d know which one I meant. 

That “All is Well” hair is also a favorite as is the song itself. I use my iPhone for an alarm and it plays All is Well every morning. Seems like a good message to begin each day.

Looks like lots of stage makeup—maybe for the Clay and Ruben show. 

Always love that crooked smile-one side goes up and the other goes down. 

He looks like he has a big secret. Wonder if this is the picture that will be used to announce the show!

Bet he is just bursting to tell.