# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

4 hours ago, ninna721 said:

Hey from snowy Iowa  ( not that much, 8 inches at the end of 2 storms) Never really got the ice and sleet. Ken Arpino had a nice article in what looked like a local paper. Good article.

Here's the link to the article:  https://www.newsadvance.com/the_burg/features/ken-arpino-wolfbane-executive-director-talks-broadway-debut-web-series/article_7bf7c742-ac40-5941-bc3d-b287592a221d.html?fbclid=IwAR3ahyl7IeJ03_e_2rf3fxY1lYJZWEo7T_-vJgka6Kv4s6X0k_s7m_-2jdg

The weather in central Illinois has been CRAZY.  Major snow storm the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  Nothing at all in December.  A week and a half ago, another major snow storm, followed by a smaller storm last Saturday.  Yesterday it warmed up enough that it rained...and then today it got cold.  So that meant ice!  Tomorrow, below zero temps, and then over the weekend, more snow is supposed to be coming!

I've read on CV that The View is having a contest with cutest pets from the hosts, and Meghan doesn't have a pet.  Hence the post.

Trying to remember if we've seen this before.  From Playbill, about the Christmas show.

http://www.playbill.com/production/ruben-clays-first-annual-christmas-carol-family-fun-pageant-spectacular-reunion-show-imperial-theatre-2018-2019

Well, those of us in Illinois are in the middle of a deep freeze.  My college is closing at 4:30 tomorrow afternoon and won't be reopening again until 10 am Thursday.  The HIGH temperature on Wednesday is going to be -10 degrees!  Add wind chills, and it's going to be brutal.  When I get home I'll stay home.  Unfortunately, hubby has a job working with rental cars at our local airport (20 minutes away), and he's got to be in this kind of stuff tomorrow night.  I'm hoping they call him and say "don't come."

I hope you all have really cold weather gear. That is so cold. Funny that Alaska is having unusually high temperatures. I get cold in 40 degree weather and have taken to wearing a hat and scarf in addition to my coat and gloves whenever I go outside. Stay warm all of you in the midwest.

Another day off tomorrow!  The morning temperatures are supposed to be as bad as they were today, but it warms up more as the day goes on (we'll get above 0!).

So, I did a 20 minute core workout today, started reading a book (Pastor Nadia Bolz-Weber's new book -- she's amazing), cleaned out my chest freezer, and made chili for dinner.

Hey everyone, 

My brother got married this past Thursday it was a beautiful day for a wedding!  Morgan my now sister in law doesn’t like the heat wanted a winter wedding it was warm on Thursday like mid 70s. The Venue was beautiful a nice place for small weddings it has a rustic feel to it. RJ and Morgan had a nice simple ceremony in the afternoon. It was nice getting to see my sister joy and her husband who came from from the Charlotte area. We ate around 3:00pm Morgan wanted breakfast food we had eggs waffles with different toppings, sausage bacon, fruit they had coffee hot choclate juice. Instead of cake my mom had made different cheesecakes. It was a nice day.

so the gala is In May this year I’m excited! The Only problem I have is getting to and from Charlotte since I can’t drive Charlotte is like 3 hours away from me I’m hopeful that maybe something will work out and I’ll get there. 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! 

• Like 1

twilight, you might want to check on the PART bus service. Its reasonably priced and does long distance routes across the state or maybe someone at the NIP is heading that way and can offer a ride. I live in Winston, so I am closer to Charlotte than Raleigh. I plan on attending and have it on my calendar so I don't plan anything else. I usually have to arrange for someone to check in on my husband, walk the dog and get them both meals. :P