# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

My house is officially off the market! The offer came in 4 hours after it went on sale. Full price and pre-qualified. I now have 26 days to find somewhere to live and get the movers estimates! My last house sold in 5 hours and I really thought it would take awhile as the market has slowed or so I thought.  
It looks like I’m going to have to have an “eat everything in the freezer party”.

I just couldn’t stay up last night, but Clay’s Instagram Live from last night is on his page.  He sang “Not Supposed to Love You Anymore.”  That’s one of my most favorite early Clay songs, and it’s gorgeous!  Special shout-out to Michael Orland, playing the piano.

Good morning!  

Just a reminder that I'm collecting funds for a Gala ad from FCA.  If you're interested, I'm setting a deadline of next Friday, March 15.  Several of you have generously donated, and I appreciate it.  We have enough to get a B&W ad, but if more people can afford to donate (and please -- NO PRESSURE on that!), we might be able to jump a level.  

The people that are buying my house have never stepped in it. Even the close is remote!  It was all done by pics and video. They were in Houston the weekend before mine went on sale and saw 35 houses!   When mine went on sale their realtor jumped on it.  Crazy!

11 hours ago, merrieeee said:

The people that are buying my house have never stepped in it. Even the close is remote!  It was all done by pics and video. They were in Houston the weekend before mine went on sale and saw 35 houses!   When mine went on sale their realtor jumped on it.  Crazy!

So the realtor went to 35 houses with them? I'd guess the realtor has a good idea by now what the buyer wants. So glad you sold quick. All the houses around us have sold in the past year, but some of them took months with several failed (non-qualifying) buyers.

Clay Aiken just got mentioned on a CBS show called Blindspot!
The buyer has 6 month old twins so I guess it was too much to look at any more.  He is with the TSA so he needed to be near the airport. So win win!  We went looking at houses yesterday and we may have found what we want.   We will have to build it.  

Clay retweeted Meghan McCain, who replied to a tweet from President Donald Trump, criticizing her father, Senator John McCain (military veteran and now deceased).  However, Meghan deleted her tweet, and Clay did as well.  (Or I can't find it at least)

As my daughter put it I will be glamping!  I have rented a small apartment but I’m not taking any furniture.  Blow up bed, fold up table and a bean bag chair.  Last time I did this I rented furniture but it seems a waste of $500 a month.  However I already have the WiFi sorted and I’m taking a tv and my fire stick so I’m fine.  I’m taking kitchen stuff and that’s it. My main computer died this week so it’s going into storage and I’ll figure it out later.  My daughter lives about 100 yards away so if I need anything I can get it.  

‘For Xmas I received a gift certificate to put pics on a thumb drive so I’m going to get those ready while I’m in the apt.  As it’s just me I think it will be fun.  

• Like 4

merrieeee, please keep us posted on everything!  Glamping sounds like a lot of fun!

Anyone here was to join an NCAA tourney bracket?  If you are, contact me!  No real prize, and honestly, no real sports knowledge to join.  There's been a few of us doing it for a few years now, and I've "won" several times.  And I don't even watch basketball!