# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

Hi there!  All is good as I now have WiFi in my apartment.  I am out of the house and I closed today. I’m so glad that’s over with. Less stress! Now to find another house. 

• Like 3

Clay retweeted this from Joe Biden:

Social norms are changing. I understand that, and I’ve heard what these women are saying. Politics to me has always been about making connections, but I will be more mindful about respecting personal space in the future. That’s my responsibility and I will meet it.

Funny, I don't see his retweet anywhere, not even on his page.  He must have taken it down for some reason.

I think Joe's a great politician, but I really don't want him to run for President.  His kind of politics just doesn't fly in the age of #metoo.  

I'm stressing out, because on Sunday, my husband and I leave for a mini vacation and then a conference.  We'll be in Cleveland all next week!  Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, bay-bee!  But there's so much to do before we leave!

I'm baaaaaaack!

It's been a long week, with one more day of vacation today to deal with all kinds of things before heading back to work tomorrow.

Highlights:

• The Rock Hall of Fame is AMAZING.  I could spend days there, and also spent too much money in the gift shop.
  • If you follow me on FB, you know that our Christmas ritual is to watch "A Christmas Story" even Christmas Eve.  Well, the house for that movie is in Cleveland, and someone restored it and opened it as a museum.  It's very interactive (my husband and I reenacted the "gee thanks, honey, it's a blue ball!" scene on the couch), and just too much fun in general.
  • The conference I went to was great.  I've got all kinds of new ideas for work.  Even better, my husband talked to a couple of job counselors (telling him things that I've been telling him for a year, but you know how that goes, it needs to come from someone impartial), plus he learned a bunch about techy stuff he might want to go into later.
  • At the conference, the Friday night reception was at the Rock Hall, so we got a second look.  Tons of food and drinks, plus they had something called a Silent Disco.  Everyone got a set of wireless headphone, which were attached to 3 different channels (red, green and blue).  If you were listening to the blue channel, for example, it was pop music -- and everyone else who you could see had on the blue channel was listening to the same music.  Green was classic rock, and red was R&B.  It was so much fun stumbling onto a group of people with your color, all of us jamming away and dancing!
  • Godson's confirmation was yesterday.  He's a sweet boy, who loves his hot sauce.  Therefore, his gift (besides money) was 2 huge bottles of hot sauce from Costco.

Lowlights:

• It SNOWED yesterday in Illinois.  Like, 5 inches.  So much for wearing a summer dress to the confirmation.  Travel was a bit dicey, but we made it home.
  • My 20 year old washer's agitator isn't working now.  We're going to try to fix it first (YouTube is wonderful for that kind of thing), but I'd love to get a new washer/dryer set, as I'm sure efficiency is much better now.  However, our finances can't really handle just one more thing!

Have a great week everyone!