# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

Long night last night....our 19 year old cat, Quincy, succumbed to congestive heart failure overnight.  We were told last week that she was eating less and less as the week went on, but was still moving around and such.  By Monday night, though, she was starting to pant.  Took her to the vet yesterday, who thought some medicine could help relieve the congestion.  But last night, after Tony got home from work, she took a turn for the worse, and passed away in our arms.  We miss her so very much.

33820_10150104753384122_1938475_n.jpg

• Sad 3

So sorry to hear about her. We have lost quite a few cats over the years, so I know the feeling. We have a dog right now that my granddaughter got tired of. Very different experience. One benefit I am walking a lot more that I had previously.  

Email from National Inclusion Project about the gala   Hmm!

Founders' Gala Spring into Action

Important Info about the Founders' Gala

As we move closer to Gala go-time, we want to give you a heads up on some important events and changes taking place at this years' event. 

Send a Kid to Camp

As always, we will be holding the SEND A KID TO CAMP auction at the Gala. But as an extra something-something, we will be recognizing all SEND A KID donors on our website all year long.

So even if you can't make it to the Gala this year, you can still support SEND A KID TO CAMP and get the acknowledgement you deserve. We'll release more info at the Gala, so keep your ears (and eyes) open.

Live Auction 

Next up, the live auction. We have had a long-standing Gala tradition where we conduct a lively live auction of various activities and experiences with our co-founders and leaders. It's always been a lot of fun, but now we want to shake things up a bit, because change is good, ya know?

As such, we'll be moving the live auction out of the Gala program and establishing it as a stand-alone fundraiser beginning this summer.

If you are interested in receiving updates on the stand-alone "Claydates", SIGN UP HERE and we will communicate with you directly as we have more information available.

We are so excited about everything this year's Gala has in store--both old and new--and hope you are, too!

Cheers, Your NIP Team

If you haven't snagged your Gala seat yet, there's still time! Register now, we would love for you to join us!

National Inclusion Project

contactus@inclusionproject.org

Email not displaying correctly?

View it in your browser

Unsubscribe

Facebook Twitter Instagram

open?upn=d8YKXXdKJeSvLPiMmcB-2BDTy0NACvV

Well we bought a house today!  My daughter is freaking out now.  Worried she can’t afford it.  I know that she can but convincing her is another matter.

it has more than we need but my dd will be getting her Media Room.   She’s going to paint it red with a black and white chevron rug........yeah, right out of twin peaks.  The only problem is it’s going to take at least 5 months to build.  

• Like 1

I think the name is cool.  Archie has a strange connotation here (either the Archie comics or Archie Bunker), but I’m reading that it’s a popular name in England.  

If there is anything I hate on the news is the term “hunker down”!  It’s raining really badly in some parts of town and there is some flooding and power outages.  Right now I have had no rain and I’m  hoping that keeps up.  Still it’s supposed to rain for two more days so I expect we will get some. 

Leaving tomorrow for Charlotte. Hope I make it on time for the Friday night party. Dropping the dog for boarding at 4 and then driving down. Thought it would be easier on My husband. He can't take the dog out and stresses when various people come late to walk her. Next year I may bring him to the Gala as it is another stress to ask people to check on him and get him dinner. If I leave him enough wine I think he will be happy.