# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

Today My daughters school has the kids back in the classroom!  I’ve never seen her so depressed! She loves being a teacher but not this year.  I feel bad there’s nothing I can do. The kids are all behind screens and almost all are wearing masks. It’s no way to teach.  We have had to decide if she’s going to eat with me or go straight upstairs.  She is sick with worry she’s going to bring something home.  Right now we eat dinner at each end of a 10 ft table and then she goes upstairs.   It’s no way to live!  We both have air purifiers on so I hope that will help.

merrieeee, I'm so sorry that your daughter (and you) have to go through this.  If we as a country could have pulled together way back in, oh say, February?  I believe we wouldn't be in this position, or at least not to this extreme.

• Like 1

Hi all!

newbie here, new to this board but not new to the fandom of one Clay Aiken.. was there for the first 7 yrs, left for 10 and now back thanks to sitting home during a pandemic!

I want  to thank you two for bringing the clack even though there are times, like now, when it stalls out.  It’s taken me 16 weeks to catch up on the man’s last 10 years.. I’m still not finished, but it’s been fun. It certainly helped get me through this crap and for that I’m grateful for FCA 😘

i feel your pain merrieeee, my husbands a teacher I’ve taught preschool for 25 years and I have a son teaching special ed. My husband and I have been home for 6 months now, he was able to go virtual because he’s a type 1 diabetic.. it didn’t make sense for me to go back and bring it back home.  But miss those little buggers so much!  My son works in the next town so we don’t see him either unless outside and masked :( the worst part is not knowing when this will end.

So hello to all who lurk and maybe some from my posting days (mik) from 04-09 over at CP

A 10 yr break didn’t  stop my ❤️ For Clay, I guess nothing will

• Like 1

Hi Mik!  Welcome to our little board!  

We all love Clay here, even in the times when there's not as much going on.  I personally love his current podcast (although there are days when I want to strangle the guest....heh), and think he's so damn smart.  

This pandemic thing is just so crazy!  I'm working from home, and it's sounding more and more like I'll be working from home through at least the beginning of next year as well.  I hope you stay safe, but I understand about missing the kids....

It was crazy awful.  Even though I felt a little sorry for the moderator, I felt he needed someone to help him (Clay ;)) it was a tall order, Trump never stopped yelling over Biden.. that is not the definition of the term debate 

i agree with Joe, breathe people!

I for one have worked on and off. My nurse manager has been great to work for. I am 68 years old so we are trying to keep me off the adult floors. Especially the covid floors. I have been working my pediatric and neonatal floors. She has allowed me to be on call if our census is low.  So far since March we have had only 2 positive kids. One test came back positive but had no symptoms. Was in for something else. The other was in last March and we eventually transferred him to a big medical center. We eventually heard he did well and was discharged.  I enjoy working but will not take chances. I will not have to take a child if they have covid. I have been there 48 years and would like to make it to 50. We shall see. 

Still love Clay and read the boards to keep up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mik4clay said:

It was crazy awful.  Even though I felt a little sorry for the moderator, I felt he needed someone to help him (Clay ;)) it was a tall order, Trump never stopped yelling over Biden.. that is not the definition of the term debate 

i agree with Joe, breathe people!

I read that YKW might have planned his attack last night.  It was supposedly designed to trigger Biden’s stutter thereby making him look weak.  

Oh hell that doesn’t surprise me. I have such respect for JB b/c I would have walked over and kicked Trump in the balls for trying to slander my kids.  

Hey gbm you sure are to be commended for your loyalty to nursing! My daughter is a nurse, gave birth to my 2nd granddaughter a few months ago but now has to go back to work. I’m a bit nervous but I don’t think I can give up seeing the grandkids for anything - tough one :(

I can't imagine being a nurse in this day and age.  And yet, I'm proud that my community college trains nurses every semester, and good ones at that.

Ooooo -- Michael Steele is Clay's guest on the podcast this week.  This should be a fun listen -- can't wait to hear what they say about the debate!  (Personally -- I think a joint podcast of Michael Steele and Clay Aiken would be a WINNER!)

So agreed!

it you guys have an hour today to sneak this podcast in it is the best one so far! I was up waaay too late listening to it.  It helped me to sleep a lot better and it should lower your BP a little too! I love how Steele interacts with Clay, how well he knows him, how he was bullied as a child and how well that he was raised 

Hmm, you Know claynews is getting slow when I’m listening to Clay sniff thruout this podcast and I’m thinking, he even does that sexy! Yep, clack and Clays nose, slow drip 😜

Geez! Our governor is going full on with voter suppression!  One early voting drop off per county!  It could take people an hour to get to the place  if they even have transportation.  We have 11 today tomorrow 1. He’s worried about voter fraud.  Give me a break.