# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

Ok podcast is up girls, I’m 5 minutes in and had to shut it off

This  girl is from South Dakota, there isn’t 1 damn Democrat in that  state and as Clay points out not 1 large city.  So far he’s letting her spew her crap.. all of her family still voting for Trump b/c he is still a straight shooter WHAT?? !? Clay used to skewer Carrie if she came close to saying anything like that -  grrr

But it is a podcast where they are trying to get along, I knew 30 seconds in when Clay reiterated that fact 3x in a sentence.. it wasn’t gong to be pretty

not sure if I can go back! 😢 someone plz listen and tell me it gets better, while I go get a drink 🍹

I made it about 2/3 of the way through the podcast this week, and I'm not sure if I can finish.  I was doing OK for a while, but her feelings on masks just make me want to throw a shoe.  

I am so ready for this week to be over....

I’m so with you there!

The Whittmer ordeal, spurred on from YKW’s hatred, makes me soo nervous going into next month :( hang on for a bumpy ride.

I tried the Pod one more time,  Sorry, I forgot we love  a man that has a brain.. he started asking her questions that backed her into a corner a bit.. Hold my hand, I’m going in for the finish tomorrow. I feel Clay’s pain though  when he speaks of so few family members who are progressive  😢

I also wondered who the other person in his family is who agrees with him politically.  He said a sister-in-law, and I wondered if it was Brett's wife, or someone else.

Now I have to go look up Clay's family tree again -- it's been a while since I've had to think about his relatives!

My first thought was Brett’s wife

im thinking the only other one he would call S-I-L would be his stepbrother Jeff’s wife? Not to be too judgmental of people I don’t know, from what we learned of Clay’s stepdad via LTS, if he’s anything like his father at all- yeah I’m going with Brett’s.  If true, I find inter- party marrying so interesting.. I think it would be harder than race or religion!

Anyone make it to the end of the podcast? Sad that it takes a week to get thru, it’s good to have to listen to some of that .. let’s you see what your up against

My throat hurts from shouting ‘ c’mon Clay don’t let her get away with that!’ Ha 

but alas he wanted another friend..

I might not wear my mask if I could watch Clay run around without his pants, hey I said might... 

Oh hell who am I kidding? 😝

I actually did make it through the podcast!  I really admire that Clay wants to reach out to people like her, and in many ways, I do too. But her whole mask thing turned me off so much!...

I've been working today, so I've missed all the "fun" (except for Clay's tweets).  I'll have to look up Amy Klobuchar's questioning.  My husband is originally from Minnesota, so we have a fondness for her too (and she was one of my original picks for the nomination -- Clay and I had a connection).

As for the women...I keep harkening back to Beyonce:  "Who run the world?  Girls!"

• Like 1

Woohoo you went for the Minnesota nice! 

I mindmeld with Clay offen too, it’s scary sometimes .. we were meant to be his fans forever I guess 😝

After Ms Harris had her talk with Ms Barrett today, interesting if it makes  a difference for the future of this country