# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

16 hours ago, jmh123 said:

OK, I just spent days trying to figure out what YKW stood for. FInally did. Much prefer it to the alternative. 

I usually refer to him as "45."

I'm not going to be able to watch the final debate tonight; however, I have friends in my workout group who will be texting me the entire time...mostly in disgust of 45.

Yes but where there is bad, there is good! 

I was raised in a strict Catholic family.. 8 bro’s and sisters etc. even though I am still a Christian I’ve strayed away from this religion mainly b/c I felt so strongly that God is all inclusive, he loves everyone that he creates.  So happy was I yesterday when the Pope blessed civil unions for same sex couples?!  I celebrate today for my gay niece who was able to marry her wife here in my state, but still struggles with the Catholic faith and how she is viewed. I celebrate for our. Clay and all striving for equality! Even though it’s not all religious , and it’s not marriage equality yet..what a statement to finally make  👋  What a step in the right direction!! 

Ok Ill get off the soapbox, but thx for listening

• Like 1

5 hours ago, merrieeee said:

I just watched the Leslie Stahl interview!  Geez that’s 37 minutes I won’t get back.

Pretty bad I heard

so much at stake, I should be watching the debate but I’m hiding in my room 😬

3 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

I’m watching Dr. Pimple Popper.  Better viewing than the other thing...

That show is so gross! lol

But so is this debate, the little I’ve seen they really need to shut down someone’s mic.. what happened to that idea?

Aww, so what this country needs right now 💗

I can not believe how much better I feel since I got the vote in on Friday! I work with small children and hardly ever get sick— immune system top notch. But being home and this election stress worked me up a bout of Bell’s Palsy! Anyone ever have it? It’s the weirdest thing. I really so need next week to get here and be outta my life 😝

You guys really are moving along. I voted absentee and turned both our votes into the board of elections. Within a day or two I got a text from the board of elections as well as ballottrax saying my return had been accepted.  Since we have a Democratic governor (Roy Cooper) we have Democratically run board of elections.  Everyone I know who voted in person said they were out in no time. A lot of early voting sites which are open seven days a week. Like Clay I am a big Roy Cooper fan. When he was attorney general his department helped me get double my money back from an organization that was putting charges on my credit card monthly without my knowledge. 

Welcome Mik4clay. It's great that you came back to Clay. 

Since the pandemic started, I had to let go of our cleaning lady and because of my husbands health problems I am cleaning  the house, the yard, paying bills, chauffeuring and cooking meals. I am also our HOA's  treasurer and social director. Add to that taking on my granddaughter's dog and I don't have much of a life. But I do keep busy. I am enjoying a lot of Netflix series. 

I hope you all are hanging in there, We will overcome this with a new president.  🤞

• Like 1

Fear!  Great to see you!  Glad you can know your vote was received and counted.  Unfortunately, my county doesn't have that technology, so even though my husband and I dropped off our mail in ballots to the county courthouse....I never will quite know.  I have my faith though....  Please take care of yourself, you sound so incredibly busy.

mik, I've heard of Bell's Palsy, but never had it.  I hope you can take care of yourself as well.

I will be sooooooooooooooooooooo glad when these next few weeks are over.  My husband and I were talking that we both have election day off....and would rather have the day after the election off.  We are both thinking we may watch the Food Network the night of the election, I don't think I can handle it.

Loved that clip that Clay linked this morning,  I hope we can elect a human being that has empathy.

On 10/25/2020 at 3:54 PM, FearofH2O said:

Mik4clay, hope your case of Bell's Palsy is very mild. I have never had it but knew others who did.

Feels a little like my face is sliding off my head, but not going to sit back and just take the drugs.. I just got back from a chiropractor and feel so much better already! Hopefully will be totally gone in a couple of weeks 🤞

On 10/25/2020 at 3:52 PM, FearofH2O said:

Welcome Mik4clay. It's great that you came back to Clay. 

Hey fear, nice to see you.  Yep, found out that in this shitshow called life right now Clay Aiken is my happy place 😁🥰