# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

Honestly, I think hiding for the next 2 1/2 months is probably in order.  You know who won't leave quietly, and I'm afraid of the damage he's going to do.

On the hike yesterday, after we received the news, one of our hiking friends said they'd better account for every piece of artwork and silverware in the WH before they leave.

It's also going to have to be fumigated for COVID 19.

Finally...even though I'm a cat person...I'm glad there's going to be dogs in the WH again.  You can always judge the character of a person if they have (or have had) pets.

Alex Trebek 😭 He fought so hard and so bravely 

Biden will really have to stay focused.. I think Momma er..  I mean our Wonderful woman VP, will help him do that!

Speaking of  character - how about that video above with Biden and the Down’s syndrome boy.. u can’t fake that shit 😍

*raises hand*.  

I know I know! The question is ‘who are the Minnesota Vikings ?💜

my football team - been a fan since I was about 6 yrs old, it’s been a few years ;))

That guy makes Clay Aiken look like a macho stud  haha- wow 

Just found out a few minutes ago that Instagram (and to a lesser extent) Facebook will not play together with the board anymore.  I noticed a few days ago that most of the posts in the Instagram thread were missing!  Contacted board support, and this is what they tell me.  They are looking into the issue, though.  So, no more linking directly from Instagram into the board.  Same with linking FB posts.

I've saved almost all of the pages as a Google Doc previously, so I do have a reference point.  It just bums me out that this happened.

Note:  Twitter is fine, as far as I can see.

Oh ok well that’s especially bad news for me. I rely on you guys for all of my CA news, and am so grateful for it!  I’ve always been a social media resistor.. mainly b/c working w small children I’ve seen so much of what it does to them, the behaviors they exhibit when they are ignored by a parent that are addicted to their phones.  

Having said that I really love following Clay on Twitter, even though I can’t post, it’s great reading

FB - when I first started looking Clay back up I went to his public posts and found all of the full versions of the Bold  segments on there. I noticed that in the last few weeks they are locking it up.  My first thought was maybe b/c of the election (?) I wonder if that is why they won’t let people transfer any posts to other places.. just a thought 🤷‍♀️

I have been towing my anti Facebook line for years now.. and dang it if Clay is the one who makes me sign up 😝 

Mik, your post reminded me of Bold TV and Carrie Sheffield, the founder of it.  Looks like she might have either sold off her interest, and they have rebranded.  Many "youngsters" look to be running the place now.

Ive noticed that too, I guess she is in DC now doing more in the journalistic area.  BTW I loved those two together on Bold.. even when Clay was telling her to shut up I thought the banter b/w them was so fun to watch! You can still see the show if u google it or go on YouTube, but they only have short segments.. I liked it best when I could see the whole show because the best part of it was when they talked to each other.

FB itself locked down completely unless you are a member. I’m severely challenged in this area b/c I’m not a part of it, and never cared. I wonder how left out I will feel now 😳at least if he goes live I’m subscribed on Utube, that will work right?

....but on the hand if he and Ben get together virtually and he sings some Xmas beauties on FB ?!! My pride may go right out the window 😔

After his last foray into going "live," I think you should be fine if you've subscribed to his YouTube channel.  If I remember correctly, he was live on Periscope (and how many of you remember when he suggested we all download that a few years ago...now no one uses it, I don't think, heh), Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, plus there was a link on his Twitter account.  I found that YouTube was probably the most stable format, in my opinion.  (However, I go the notification first on my Apple Watch through Instagram!)

Over the weekend I spent a LOT of time on Twitter.  That's the place where I can get the most political, without too many repercussions.  I won't do much political on FB anymore.  Instagram is fun too.

And all the 45 sycophants are going to MeWe (a FB like app) or Parler (similar to Twitter).  As much as I want to say "good riddance," it's also an information literacy issue for me as a librarian.  They are making their own information bubble with all their bad information, and it makes me just furious.  At the same time, though, I don't have to listen to them anymore!

• Thanks 2

Kind of scary in a way, knowing they are over there festering in their own juices for 4 yrs.

you are a librarian?! My mother always wanted me to be a librarian.. I was always like wth mom? But she taught me to read when I was only 4 and I would read everything and anything as a child. I remember reading The Lord of the Rings when I was in the 4th grade and I loved it!  

I imagine you are very good at it :)

I hope the sharing lockout perhaps changes, plz let me know!

• Like 1

Mik, I am a librarian -- and probably surprisingly to many people, one who likes to read, but isn't obsessive about it.  And honestly -- books aren't the focus of librarianship so much anymore.

That's why this tweet above my post from Clay makes me so happy!  My job today is much more about helping people find credible information, and making sure they aren't spewing s**t all over.  At my community college, we tend to get more and more students who are basing their topics of their papers on what they are hearing on Fox News for example.  We've had a number of students, for example, want to write about how masks DO NOT work against COVID-19.  Sigh.

So today I ventured out.  I had a drs appt., about 35 miles away, that had to be in person.  Everything is fine but the stupid insurance peeps wanted it.  Really good all wearing masks and distancing.  On to my favourite Chinese. restaurant which is 40 minutes from where I live now. Feeling brave I stopped at the 99cent store. Well that lasted less than 5 minutes.  Too crowded and people wearing masks below their noses.  Got to the first aisle and decided not worth the risk.  I left drove home, jumped in the shower and now I have yummy food.

I did have a little bit of a breakdown, when I got home,  knowing I was too afraid to buy a stupid can of peas!

I’m off to the Dr tomorrow, just a yearly checkup that I haven’t gone to for about 3 yrs 😬

We are knee deep in covid up here.. I love our governor, but he put restrictions on certain things today, but not the schools :(  Letting the Supers make the call.. he’s a big Trumper ~ I can’t even see my son now.. they won’t let middle school go distance and they have 20 people out quarantining and sick. Unbelievable, it’s just a matter of time