Merrillville, IN

Couch Tomato

Asking for quarters to start the jukebox!

Jukebpox is stuck!! Who knew!

IT'S STARTING SOUND IS PRETTY GOOD......SHE IS CALLING ME BACK ON MY HOME PHONE.........SOUND SHOULD BE BETTER.........AT LEAST I HOPE SO,,,,,,,,JUKEBOX IS STUCK HERE WE GO

CROWD IS SO LOUD OMG SUCH SCREAMING,,,,,,,,NEVER HEARD IT SO LOUD,,,,,,,,,,,HE'S ON TWISTIN THE NIGHT AWAY

CV:

here we go asking for a quarter

toni gave the quarter

rock in roll

Rock & roll repeat!

most be clay lot of hollering

SOMEONE JUST SCREAMED IN MY EAR LOL THIS CROWD IS JUST AMAZING THEY ARE REALLY SHOWING THE LOVE

Clay has started the jukebox with his magic fingers!

CLAY SOUNDS GREAT,,,,,,,,,ROCKIN ROBIN,,,,,,,,,,ROCK IT CLAY ROCK IT

CV:

Don't know if this first one was a report but..

Chicken Slacks

go johnny go

Rockin' Robin was great...a little bit more of low voice Clay than usual...very nice!

GREAT PRETENDER ONLY YOU...THE CHEERS ARE MASSIVE I LOVE CLAY AIKEN HAVE I SAID THIS BEFORE............HE'S TEASING THE AUDIENCE WAITIING FOREVER TO SING THAT LAST NOTE CROWD JUST ERUPTED INTO MASSIVE CHEERS

Mr. sandman the girls

GBOF .........OH SWEET LORD IF THE SCREAMS GET ANY LOUDER I WILL BE DEAF.............I AM DYING HERE NH HERE I COME

CV:

oh big big pause be for "you" in only you

GBOF

THEY JUST WON'T STOP CLAY TALKING NOW CAN'T HEAR MUCH ..........HE ALMOST SKIDDED OFF THE PIANO,,,,,,,,,,BE CAREFU CLAY DON'T INJURE THAT BOB BOB MAKE THAT BON BON DEAR LORD

"R&R is Here to stay is the very first song that started the R&R era..." he is making everyone laugh but I can't hear what he said that was funny...

CLAY JUST SAID HE HAS SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR THEM TONIGHT,,,,,,,,,,,UM NOW MY HEART JUST STOPPED............NO ONE SINGS THIS LIKE CLAY

CV:

whatever he just said got a great respone rock n roll is here to stay

here comes UM

mineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

HIGH NOTE GETTING READY WELL CRAP PHONE JUST CUT OUT COMPLEYELY...........I AM SO CURSED

CV:

oh my god that neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Love me tender came through loud and clear! BEAUTIFUL!

Can't do the 50's without this person so we decided to do a whole set... <something I can't understand>>> dingdongit he is funny tonight and I can't understand what he is saying.. will find out at intermission from the cellcerter!

Jailhouse Rock

Hound Dog

Blue Suede Shoes

Don't Be Cruel

HH...crowd going crazy...

DOWNTOWN

I can't make out Clay too much but the crowd seems extremely loud.

sugar sugar

and the clayboard goes quiet......

anyway, he's singing great and the crowd is very responsive.  The cellstream is not very good so can't hear much of what he's saying.  The crowd is laughing their asses off though.

Solitaire sounded amazing.  I heard the playfulness in his voice during the early medleys..we'll see if that translate into a fun show when we get clack.

Amazingly, the girls come in pretty good...

RESCUE ME..........NO I DON'T WANT TO BE RESCUED..........I JUST WANT TO SEE CLAY IF THIS CROWD GETS ANY LOUDER I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THIS JACOB NOW HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE...........

Grapevine.  Jacob sounding good...hit the high note with no problem 

I'll be There --  Clay really puts the S O U L into this song. 

CLAY TALKING NOW OH ITS PIP SEARCHING TIME I THINK..........JUST SAID SOMETHING THAT ELICITED HUGE LAUGHS AND SCREAMS

I heard something about Bath and Body Works and Angela and Quiana.... no surprise there!

I think he's asking how many concerts people have been to.

Now into the enthusiastic ladies, dragging the men to the show schtick.

He just said (I think) dabbigedeerit.. itnsont it ok now!"

The boy has got to learn to slow down and enunciate.

Don't know what's going on ..seems like he changed things up...but can't make out the banter.

Ain't No Mountain High Enough....

Halftime report ..from Clayversity

A bunch of people leaning on the stage on the sides... Talking alot during LMT. And Clay goes "I can hear everything your saying"

Pick a guy: Clay made the guy walk to the center. He was with his girlfriend. He went up on stage and he said that he dragged his girlfriend to the concert. He was the fan in the family. Clay was going to use the girl to dance. The backup dancers the guy and the girl and Clay did the grape vine. Going to use both of them to dance

During ANMHE had the entire audience sing. At the end Clay said "You can do the entire second half by yourself"

Almost slip off the piano onto S’von lap

Could not get his shoes off under the piano

Tripped over something else

He said he was going to end up on the floor by the end of the night.

Solitaire was amazing. Alot of lower notes in the beginning. Accoustics are great.

Per Mrs.Loki – “Interesting Folds”

During Sugar Sugar was squeezing the girls when he was behind them. He was singing to each of the girls and they were fighting over him. Angela took his tie and wrapped it around his wrist.

Angie grabbed his tie and wrapped it around her fist during HT

During Only You. He paused waiting for the audience reaction. And the audience laughed and he sang on.

mentioned something new if they were good, so possible new song

During SHTogether Angela was pulling on his tie pulling him towards her

Aud. standing during most everything except UM

During the PIP section the guy andrew said he had to drag the girl(marcella, cella not sure) here so he is the fan, both are going up on stage

SOLD OUT BIG BILLBOARD ON HIGHWAY ONLY SHOW SHOWING SOLD OUT

SAID HE LOOKS GOOD AND SOUNDS GOOD

There were hand moves up and down the mic during "My Girl." MrsLoki rather liked all that.

Clay alluded in the beginning that if the audience was good he would do something new.

Carwash

Too much Heaven

I feel the earth move. My daughter-in-law went nuts on this song in Columbus!

"Nights on Broadway" sounded excellent.

"Too Much Heaven" started to some cheers -- and now there are intermittent screams. I really have no clue why.

Mandy! Audience nice and quiet for this one!

Extended questioning of the audience about the 70s

Bridge Over Troubled Water

CV:

Felix on now...

DEMETER IS WHOOOOHOOOOOOO TO FELIX

WE KNOW WHAT COMES NEXT

Very loud screams as the piano music starts...

WDC

SOME SCREAMS OF TAKE IT OFF

Why do we SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM At each other.... Wow that was an amazing "scream"

How can you leave me standing. Don't know what was going on but heard some giggling going on there

And the robes come off and the crow are creaming

CV:

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY HE HOLDS THAT CRY OUT FOREVER AND THAT BOLD JUST SLAYS ME

MORE SCREAMS

CV:

Very loud screams at the end of WDC

All Night Long

ALL NIGHT LONG

Never Gonna Give You Up

Alone

YAY love this song Lots of screams during this song though... And whistles

Jacob's turn now Rock With You!

here we go report of a lot more men in this venue tonight

"Car Wash" -- MrsLoki said something about the glasses that one of the audience dancers is wearing.

"December 1963" -- Clay sounding great, exhorting the crowd to applaud the audience dancers.

"September" starts, to cheers and screams.

huge screams

Nights on Broadway

Too Much Heaven started to some cheers -- and now there are intermittent screams. I really have no clue why.

Mandy

Mandy... Sounds beautiful.. Lots of screams in the beginning and some whistling... Now its quiet

Feisty crowd tonight -- there were screams and appreciative whistles as "Mandy"'s intro began, and then huge cheers as Clay started singing it.

Mandy now, maybe this will give us an indication of whether it will be quiet for ICMYLM. Greeted with screams...quieter now...

I love the way Clay now sings the bridge of Mandy...it adds some drama and urgency to the song...

"Yesterday's a dream..."

Asking about what happened in the 70's... Of NATIONAL worth (he emphasized the national part)

"Apollo 14? Is that right?"

I can't understand what he is saying.. Lots of laughter

he talks so fast i can't make out a word he is saying. something about high school

Preemptively congratulating everyone for their personal 70s milestones. Wants 70s events of national importance.

Clay said something about not being good with the numbers! (ed. note: this is how a heart breaks. *g*). That was in reference to the number of the Apollo mission in the 70s.

I think he said about how him being born was the best thing to happen in the 70's...

BOTW

HUGE RESPONSE TO BOTW

There was a clunker note in there

hit the last miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd perfectly

Felis on now…

DEMETER IS WHOOOOHOOOOOOO TO FELIX

WE KNOW WHAT COMES NEXT

Very loud screams as the piano music starts...

WDC

SOME SCREAMS OF TAKE IT OFF

Why do we SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM At each other.... Wow that was an amazing "scream"

He got growly

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY HE HOLDS THAT CRY OUT FOREVER AND THAT BOLD JUST SLAYS ME

MORE SCREAMS

Very loud screams at the end of WDC

All Night Long

Never Gonna Give You Up

Clay sounded especially good on that last "father -- TOO BOLD!" part of WDC. Great response to the song at the end; there was screaming throughout.

"All Night Long" getting cheers and screams.

The intro to "Never Gonna Give You Up" is greeted with big screams.

Alone

Lots of screams during "Alone," and Clay is sounding great!

Rock With You

Lots of screams during "Alone," and Clay is sounding great!

Can't Touch This

Clay talking about the 90's clothes

I THINK HE'S TELLING JACOB NOT TO QUIT DANCING

Asking the audience "Is there anything else you would like to see them do?"

BV

End of the Road

I really like the guitar work (Andy Abad's, I assume) on "Black Velvet."

EOTR now -- big screams greet Clay's part of the song -- I love how he sounds on this! Big cheers as it ends.

"Iris" now. Intermittent screams/cheers -- sounds like some rawness in the upper register tonight.

Iris - Clay sounds really good on this song

LLVL

I really like Iris now that Clay is singing it with a rougher growly sound...

LLVL -- vocals sound excellent, and the crowd is loving it! HUGE screams as the song ends. Appreciative whistles, too.

S'von on piano -- the crowd actually seems pretty respectful right now, just the occasional screamer.

eeeeek.. Alot of I Love You Clays when he is singing...

Ugh...major screamers

It just cracks me up when Clay does LA VIDA LOCA in that white collar worker shirt!

Girls keep screaming "I love you Clay" during ICMYLM --Someone needs to take a taser gun to them!

I love IWALY WITH QUIANA

IT SOUNDS AMAZING EVEN OVER A STATIC PHONE!!!!

Can't Touch This

Clay talking about the 90's clothes

I THINK HE'S TELLING JACOB NOT TO QUIT DANCING

Asking the audience "Is there anything else you would like to see them do?"

BV

End of the Road

I really like the guitar work (Andy Abad's, I assume) on "Black Velvet."

EOTR now -- big screams greet Clay's part of the song -- I love how he sounds on this! Big cheers as it ends.

"Iris" now. Intermittent screams/cheers -- sounds like some rawness in the upper register tonight.

Iris - Clay sounds really good on this song

LLVL

I really like Iris now that Clay is singing it with a rougher growly sound...

LLVL -- vocals sound excellent, and the crowd is loving it! HUGE screams as the song ends. Appreciative whistles, too.

S'von on piano -- the crowd actually seems pretty respectful right now, just the occasional screamer.

eeeeek.. Alot of I Love You Clays when he is singing...

Ugh...major screamers

Screamers quiet now.

Clay sounds amazing...I will give up this fiiiighhhtt.

Second verse of ICMYLM...Clay really sounding lovely.

The screaming has subsided almost entirely for the second verse and chorus. Clay sang with a mix of belting and soft, dialed-back power.

Really big cheers as Clay steps off.

IWALY.

Band Intros

Great cheers for Quiana as she finishes IWALY.

Clay out to talk up the "amazing vocalists" with whom he shares the stage. Introducing Angela now, mentions her website. Now Jacob, mentioning the website that will sell his album. I think he said something about these 3 vocalists being extremely important to him.

Now introducing the band. Andy, now Clarence (there was some funny banter before he intro-d Clarence -- couldn't make it out), now Daniel (introducing his mother) -- local guy!, now Maureen (more banter with her -- asking her if she's enjoying the show, whether she's nervous, etc. -- the crowd is laughing), now Felix (introducing a bunch of Felix's family/friends; Felix had the crowd cracking up over something) -- another local guy!, and finally, S'von (more banter -- someone is laughing really loudly -- there are intermittent crowd screams).

Now introducing the crew backstage.

Stump the Band - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me

And Brown Eyed Girl