Why so few cities?

Clayniac

Why is Clay only going to big an known cities in the United States? He didn't even come to the WEst United states for the jukebox tour. I absolutley love the Merry Christmas with Love Cd......but it's been so long since I've seen him! (March 2004, Independent tour)

It's kind of unfair sometimes. Hahaha. The closest one to me would be the one in Canada, I think. And that's 1000 miles north!

Why is Clay only going to big an known cities in the United States? He didn't even come to the WEst United states for the jukebox tour. I absolutley love the Merry Christmas with Love Cd......but it's been so long since I've seen him! (March 2004, Independent tour)

It's kind of unfair sometimes. Hahaha. The closest one to me would be the one in Canada, I think. And that's 1000 miles north!

Why so FEW cities? He has 40 concerts! You are kidding, aren't you? I can't imagine this schedule, and with only two months to get a tour in, I'm super impressed that he has the stamina.

I think that major cities were choosen as it is easier for transportation in and out. I don't live near a major city, but it is EASIER for me to get there, than for many people to come nearer to me. Seems pretty logical, don't you think?

yes........well. I only heard it was going to be a few! He always seems to skip over my state! :(

A lot of people have been discussing this all over Clayland.

Of course I am not in team Clay so I could only speculate and look at this from their POV. I think basically its economics. Clay has reached a certain level in his career that there are a lot of expectations from him from a lot of people moneywise. He can no longer have a stripped down concert with a small band and sing in small intimate theatres or clubs. He has a high guarantee so a lot of theaters or promoters cannot afford him. So you will have very few promoters who are willing to book him in small cities becuse they may not get their money back. So I think the offers would probably come from medium sized theatres and arena's in big cities.

Then there is the cost to Clay to transport the whole production. As we know gas prices are getting higher...the cost of driving from one venue to the other is pretty high if you travel with several huge buses and trucks. So in order to maximize their profit it is necessary for them to do as many shows as possible in a small area so that they can recoup the expense of long drives in the western states. That is why we get a lot of shows in NE states. They are well attended and are not too far from each other so they get a higher return.

I really think the reason why Clay is starting his Christmas concert in early November is so that he can cover as much of the country as possible. He is already doing 40 shows and starting Nov. 2 and ending Dec 30...he is using up as much of the Christmas season as possible. I think it will be overkill to go earlier or later thatn that...he is already pushing it with the first week of November shows. So the short time they have to do this limited the number of shows he can do.

I know a lot of people are disappointed when Clay does not come to their city for a concert....but the reality is, its next to impossible to please everybody. I think for the coming CD...he can have a longer time to tour...IF he ends up with a hit, then I think he will get booked in a lot of cities he does not usually cover...promoters will be more willing to book an artist with a hit cd to promote...But again, he will end up skipping certain areas for sure, because he cannot visit every city. What I can see is that they are tryign to be responsive to the fans while keeping the financial risk low. Lets just hope the clack policy will be as lenient as the JBT.

Just looked at the list, apparently he's confirmed for my state! :D YAY!!!!!

But, to prove my point, there are a lot of peopel not being able to see him.

My sister and some of my friends in Michigan aren't able to have a concert, but hey, They had Jukebox, and I didn't.

EDIT: why did I have an angry face in there before expressing elation? :lol: bwah haahahaa. Silly me.

Edited by Clayniac

Just looked at the list, apparently he's confirmed for my state!  :angry:  YAY!!!!!

But, to prove my point, there are a lot of peopel not being able to see him.

My sister and some of my friends in Michigan aren't able to have a concert, but hey, They had Jukebox, and I didn't.

Yup, that is the best attitude to take...give and take...you get him now...you may not get him next time. My first time seeing him was in Toronto...I hope he comes back for the next CD tour...if not...start downloading the Clack,,, :)

yes........well. I only heard it was going to be a few! He always seems to skip over my state!

Well he always skips my country :lol:

Some states have never had the chance to see him at all....and 40 shows is a big ask....I know if I could, I would travel to see him....

However, we can't have him in all places, it is not feasible, or practical unfortunately.

However, I feel your pain...I am just used to it now!

Edited by Nickikiwi

eh.....I didn't know he was coming to my city until I finally found the concert list....

*feels stupid*

But still, some people Don't get Clay! Sorry about that, Nickikiwi!!! I feel very fortunate indeed!

I just looked at the event center schedule and he's not even confirmed!

Should I panic!!!???!

No, don't panic. The tour schedule is listed at the fanclub but has not been announced publicly, yet. The venues have to wait until they have confirmation from Clay's management before they put Clay up on their websites. I would expect to see a press release soon. The fanclub did mention that the concert promoters were in Houston & the entire company had to evacuate so that may be slowing things down, also.

*Dances*

COnfirmed, Confirmed!!!!! HE'S BEEN CONFFFIIIIRRRMED! *SQUEE*

Pardon my fangirl-ishness. But I"m so excited. Now if there's anyone around my city that is willing to go with me, I've got a reputation to keep up! :lol:

Tickets go on sale at 10 AM on saturday! I better get good tickets! :(