July through December 2024

people.com

All About Clay Aiken's Son Parker Foster Aiken

All About Clay Aiken's Son Parker Foster Aiken

'American Idol' alum Clay Aiken welcomed his first and only child, Parker, in 2008

By 
Francesca Gariano
Clay Aiken discusses 'Ruben & Clay's First Annual Christmas Carol Family Fun Pageant Spectacular Reunion Show' on November 16, 2018 in New York City. PHOTO: 

ROY ROCHLIN/GETTY

Clay Aiken keeps his son, Parker Foster Aiken, out of the spotlight.

The American Idol runner-up and his best friend, music producer Jaymes Foster, welcomed Parker in August 2008. Though Clay and Jaymes were not romantically linked, they made plans to raise their son together, and she became pregnant through in vitro fertilization.

Over the years, Clay has seldom publicly commented about his son and doesn't often discuss him in interviews nor share photos of him on social media. Still, on the rare occasion when he does, Clay shares anecdotes about Parker and his personality behind the scenes.

After welcoming his son, the “Invisible” singer publicly came out as gay in a cover story for PEOPLE in September 2008. “It was the first decision I made as a father," he explained. "I cannot raise a child to lie or to hide things. I wasn’t raised that way, and I’m not going to raise a child to do that.”

Clay said that he and Jaymes would raise their son in an environment that was “accepting and allowing him to be happy.” He added, "No matter what the situation you’re in, if you’re raised in a loving environment, that’s the most important thing.”

Here’s everything to know about Clay Aiken’s son, Parker Foster Aiken.

He has a family name

Clay Aiken and mother, Faye Aiken Parker arrive at the 2003 Billboard Music Awards.
Clay Aiken and his mom Faye Aiken Parker arrive at the 2003 Billboard Music Awards. 

FRANK TRAPPER/CORBIS/GETTY

Clay and Jaymes welcomed son Parker Foster Aiken on Aug. 8, 2008, at 8:08 a.m. in North Carolina.

At the time, Clay’s mom, Faye Parker, told the local television station WRAL that her son was “smiling from ear-to-ear” about the birth of his child, who had “dark hair.”

His parents are best friends

Clay Aiken and Jaymes Foster attend the David Foster Dinner at Bon Appetit Supper Club and Cafe on October 29, 2008 in New York City.
Clay Aiken and Jaymes Foster attend the David Foster Dinner at Bon Appetit Supper Club and Cafe on October 29, 2008 in New York City. 

JEMAL COUNTESS/WIREIMAGE

Clay and Jaymes were close friends when they decided to have a child together. They met when Clay competed on American Idol, and Jaymes later produced a few of his albums, including A Thousand Different Ways.

The duo opened up to PEOPLE in September 2008 about their choice to co-parent Parker, with the singer noting that Jaymes had “always known that she wanted children.” Clay also had the same wish, saying, "I had always dreamed of it, but never really saw it as a possibility until this happened.”

He shared that he didn’t “really remember whose idea it was” to have a kid together, adding, “It was one of those things where we were both thinking of it at the back of our heads.”

Jaymes described Clay as “an incredible caregiver” who was “a natural” at changing diapers and helping lull Parker to sleep.

“On a larger scale, he's the perfect person,” she said. “He’s been a school teacher, we have the same morals, family is very important to him and Parker means everything to us.

His birth changed his dad’s life

Clay Aiken performs at the KISS FM Jingle Ball 2003.
Clay Aiken performs at the KISS FM Jingle Ball 2003. 

MEDIANEWS GROUP/BOSTON HERALD/GETTY

When asked during a June 2011 appearance on Innerviews about how the birth of his son transformed his life, Clay replied candidly, “I’m obviously used to only thinking about myself, and now I can’t do that.”

“I have to make sure that I’m well aware of how my actions affect not just myself but my son and even beyond that,” the "Suspicious Mind" artist explained. “I went and bought a clean diesel after I had a child because I thought I needed to protect the earth now all of a sudden. I didn’t care about that before.”

Clay noted that Parker's arrival changed “most of” his decisions and “everything” he did. “I actually find myself being a little less selfish than I have been in the past because of it," he added.

He has a famous uncle and aunt

Clay Aiken and David Foster during rehearsals in Vancouver for the David Foster Foundation charity fund raising gala.
Clay Aiken and David Foster during rehearsals in Vancouver for the David Foster Foundation charity fund raising gala. 

CHRISTOPHER MORRIS/CORBIS/GETTY

In addition to his parents, Parker has other musically talented relatives. His mother’s brother is fellow producer David Foster, who wed American Idol alum Katharine McPhee in June 2019, making Parker her nephew.

David spoke to AP Radio in April 2009 about his sister co-parenting a child with Clay. “She's very close with Clay, they're best friends," he said (via The Register Citizen). "It made perfect sense to me that he'd want to have a child with his best friend."

At the time, the "Best of Me" vocalist referred to Clay as a “spectacular father" and Jaymes as “a natural mother.”

He was not impressed by his dad’s singing as a child

Clay Aiken performs onstage during the "Ruben & Clay: Twenty Years-One Night" tour on January 24, 2024 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Clay Aiken performs onstage during the "Ruben & Clay: Twenty Years-One Night" tour on January 24, 2024 in Atlanta, Georgia. 

PARAS GRIFFIN/GETTY

Unlike fans across America, Parker wasn't an instant fan of his dad's singing.

“For some reason, I’m nervous to sing for him,” Clay told Popeater in June 2010. “My son doesn’t like to listen to me sing, but he enjoys listening to other people sing.”

Parker has gotten more opportunities to see his father perform as he’s grown older: Clay reflected on the moments of his career his son has gotten to witness during an April 2023 interview with The Kokomo Post.

Clay joked that Parker “could not be less impressed” by him but said that he was able to attend several performances of his Broadway production Ruben & Clay’s First Annual Christmas Carol Family Fun Pageant Spectacular Reunion Show in 2018 and “did actually love it.”

“But the last time I was in concert, he was 4, so he’s actually never seen me in concert that he would remember,” Clay noted, referring to the decade-long break he took from touring. “So he’ll be at this one, and it’ll pretty much be his first time.”

However, there was no guarantee he’d pay attention, with Clay joking, “He’ll be on his phone on TikTok during the whole show.”

He’s not pursuing music

Clay Aiken attends the Broadway Preview Photo Call for "Ruben & Clay's First Annual Christmas Carol Family Fun Pageant" n November 15, 2018 in New York City.
Clay Aiken attends the Broadway preview photo call for "Ruben & Clay's First Annual Christmas Carol Family Fun Pageant" on November 15, 2018 in New York City. 

WALTER MCBRIDE/GETTY

While Clay told E! News in May 2024 that Parker used to sing "all the time,” it wasn’t something that he was looking to pursue as a career.

Clay explained to the outlet, "He's chosen a different path. He has something else he wants to do with his life. And I'm excited for him.”

However, if Parker were to change his mind, he would have plenty of musicians to turn to for advice.

"My son's got a lot of not only music, but Idol in his veins," Clay added, noting that his uncle David, aunt Katharine and fellow American Idol alum Ruben Studdard were there for him.

Clay would still support him if he wanted to sign up for the reality singing competition today. He explained, “I mean, I think that's what you're supposed to do is support whatever they want to do."

people.com

Clay Aiken's Son Parker, 15, Looks All Grown Up — and Just Like His Dad — In His Television Debut on Celebrity Family Feud

Clay Aiken's Son Parker, 15, Looks All Grown Up — and Just Like His Dad — In His Television Debut on Celebrity Family Feud

The 'American Idol' alum welcomed his only son Parker with his best friend Jaymes Foster in 2008

Published on August 6, 2024 07:02PM EDT

Clay Aiken’s son has made his TV debut!

The American Idol runner-up, 45, and his family will participate in a game of Celebrity Family Feud in the Tuesday, Aug. 6 episode, against David Foster and fellow American Idol runner-up Katharine McPhee Foster's crew.

In a clip released on ABC's YouTube channel ahead of the episode's premiere, Aiken’s son Parker, 15, looks all grown up — and a lot like his dad!

The musician introduced each of his family members to host Steve Harvey. He eventually got to Parker, whom Aiken welcomed with his best friend Jaymes Foster in 2008. 

"This is my son Parker making his TV debut," the proud dad said of his look-alike son.

CELEBRITY FAMILY FEUD: Clay Aiken; Parker Aiken — David Foster & Katharine McPhee vs Clay Aiken
Clay Aiken (left) and Parker Aiken. 

DISNEY/Eric McCandless

"What's up," Harvey exclaimed as he gave the teen a fist pump.

Aiken also revealed that he and McPhee Foster, "are not just two American Idol runner-ups, but we got some Fosters on both sides of the aisle too."

He then explains that Parker's mother Jaymes is also the sister of David, making this episode of Family Feud extra familial.

"She's on the right team!" jokes Aiken.

CELEBRITY FAMILY FEUD: BRETT PARKER, JAYMES FOSTER, PARKER AIKEN, FAYE PARKER, CLAY AIKEN, STEVE HARVEY — David Foster & Katharine McPhee vs Clay Aiken
Clay Aiken and his family on 'Celebrity Family Feud'. 

DISNEY/Eric McCandless

Back in May, Aiken told E! News that while Parker used to sing "all the time,” it wasn’t something that he was looking to pursue as a career.

Aiken explained to the outlet, "He's chosen a different path. He has something else he wants to do with his life. And I'm excited for him.”

"My son's got a lot of not only music, but Idol in his veins," Aiken added, noting that his uncle David, aunt Katharine and fellow American Idol alum Ruben Studdard were there for him.

Aiken would still support him if he wanted to sign up for the reality singing competition today. “I mean, I think that's what you're supposed to do is support whatever they want to do," he explained.

Celebrity Family Feud airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

justjared.com

Clay Aiken's 15-Year-Old Son Parker Makes His TV Debut on 'Celebrity Family Feud'

Aug 06, 2024 at 11:40 pm

Clay Aiken's 15-Year-Old Son Parker Makes His TV Debut on 'Celebrity Family Feud'

Clay Aiken‘s son Parker is stepping into the spotlight!

On Tuesday (August 6), the 45-year-old American Idol season 2 runner-up and his family competed on Celebrity Family Feud against fellow American Idol alum Katharine McPhee Foster, her husband David Foster, and their crew.

Joining Clay on his team was his 15-year-old son Parker, who was making his first television appearance.

“This is my son Parker making his TV debut,” Clay said to host Steve Harvey, who greeted Parker with a fist pump.

Clay welcomed Parker with his best friend friend Jaymes Foster in 2008. Jaymes, who competed alongside Clay and Parker on their team, is actually David‘s sister.

During the intros on the show, Clay noted there “are not just two American Idol runner-ups, but we got some Fosters on both sides of the aisle too,” before he introduced Jaymes on his team.

“She’s on the right team!” Clay joked.

If you missed it, David shared an update on his and Katharine‘s 3-year-old son Rennie‘s musical journey after his drumming skills went viral.

usatoday.com

Clay Aiken's son Parker, 15, makes his TV debut, looks like his father's twin

Clay Aiken's son Parker, 15, makes his TV debut, looks like his father's twin

Portrait of Taijuan MoormanTaijuan Moorman
USA TODAY

The "American Idol" alum was joined by his son Parker Foster Aiken, 15, in the latter's television debut on "Celebrity Family Feud," which aired Tuesday.

Along with Clay Aiken's mother and brother, he was also joined by Jaymes Foster, Parker's mother and Clay Aiken's best friend. The family went head-to-head against David Foster and Katharine McPhee's family in the hit "Family Feud" spin-off show hosted by Steve Harvey.

The families are connected as well, as Jaymes Foster is David Foster's sister and David Foster has executive produced three of Aiken's albums.

Parker Aiken, Clay Aiken's son, on Celebrity Family Feud.

Parker got in a few clever answers, including clinching the win on the question, "Name a famous Tom that a girl would love to go to the prom with" by suggesting Tom Holland despite Harvey's skepticism. Aiken's family eventually took the win for their charity, the National Inclusion Project.

Aiken first came to fame on Season 2 of "American Idol" and, like McPhee on Season 5, was runner-up. Aiken's season was won by Ruben Studdard, while McPhee's season was won by Taylor Hicks.

Aiken first announced the birth of his son on his blog in 2008. "My dear friend, Jaymes, and I are so excited to announce the birth of Parker Foster Aiken," he wrote at the time. Soon after, Aiken came out as gay in a People magazine profile.

Aiken has been open about how coming out so publicly has affected him. He told Rolling Stone, in a June investigation into allegations of LGBTQ discrimination against "American Idol," that he credits the show for introducing him to his first boyfriend and giving him room to figure things out.

Brett Parker, Jaymes Foster, Parker Aiken, Faye Parker and Clay Aiken on Celebrity Family Feud.

"If I had not done 'Idol,' I don’t even want to claim that I would not have come out," he said. "I hope to God that I would have, but I certainly would not have found that on my own for many, many more years."

He also reflected on the years-long obsession over his sexuality before coming out.

"I never did an interview where somebody was not trying to ask me if I was gay," he said. Verification of his sexual orientation "was the only thing that anybody in the press wanted."

The fixation was everywhere, especially with comedians, he said.

"If I heard anybody setting up a gay joke on a sitcom or a late-night show, I held my breath because I knew my name was coming," he said. "Eighty percent of the time I was right."

goodmorningamerica.com

Clay Aiken's 15-year-old son looks just like him in debut TV appearance

Clay Aiken's 15-year-old son looks just like him in debut TV appearance

Clay-Parker-Aiken-abc-jm-240807_17230455
By GMA Team
August 07, 2024, 12:32 pm

Clay Aiken's look-alike son Parker is all grown up.

The 15-year-old joined his dad and other family members on Tuesday's episode of "Celebrity Family Feud" on ABC.

As Aiken introduced each of his family members on the show, he said of his son, "This is my son Parker making his TV debut."

Aiken and his family -- which also included his mom, brother and Parker's mom -- faced off against music producer David Foster and his wife Katharine McPhee.

Aiken-Family-Feud-abc-jm-240807_17230455
The Aiken family appears on "Celebrity Family Feud" on ABC.
ABC News

Both Aiken and McPhee are past runners-up on "American Idol," Aiken on season 2 of the hit singing competition show and McPhee on season 5.

Aiken also revealed a closer connection between the two families when he introduced his own on the show.

Parker's mom, Jaymes Foster, is David Foster's sister, according to Aiken.

"David's sister Jaymes is on the right team. She wanted to win tonight," he said, with a laugh.

Clay-Parker-Aiken-abc-jm-240807_17230455
Clay Aiken and his son Parker Aiken appear on "Celebrity Family Feud" on ABC.
ABC News

Others competing on the Foster family team included Amy Foster, Adriana McPhee and Brandon Jenner.

Aiken told E! News in May that despite Parker's musical genes, he so far has not shown interest in pursuing a career in the music industry.

"He's chosen a different path," Aiken said. "He has something else he wants to do with his life. And I'm excited for him."

Parker-Aiken-abc-jm-240807_1723045750278
Parker Aiken appears on "Celebrity Family Feud" on ABC.
ABC News

Aiken added that he plans to support Parker in whatever path he chooses for himself, saying, "I think you have to do your best not to make plans for them, because they will always do something different."

nypost.com

Clay Aiken’s son Parker, 15, makes TV debut on ‘Celebrity Family Feud’ — and competes against uncle David Foster

Clay Aiken’s son Parker, 15, makes TV debut on ‘Celebrity Family Feud’ — and competes against uncle David Foster

Published Aug. 7, 2024, 4:41 p.m. ET

Clay Aiken’s son is finally in the spotlight.

The “American Idol” alum’s 15-year-old son, Parker, made his television debut on Tuesday’s episode of “Celebrity Family Feud.”

Aiken, 45, was joined by Parker, Parker’s mom Jaymes, his mom Faye and his brother Brett on the game show.

Clay Aiken on "Celebrity Family Feud"
Clay Aiken on “Celebrity Family Feud.”Disney
Parker Foster Aiken on "Celebrity Family Feud"
Parker Foster Aiken on “Celebrity Family Feud.”Disney

Aiken pointed out to host Steve Harvey that there’s actually familial relations between the two teams.

“We got a very mixed family up here on stage,” he said.

Clay Aiken and his family on "Celebrity Family Feud"
Clay Aiken and his family on “Celebrity Family Feud.”Disney
David Foster's team on "Celebrity Family Feud"
David Foster’s team on “Celebrity Family Feud.”Disney

“We’re not just two ‘American Idol’ runners-up,” Aiken added, referring to himself and McPhee, 40, “but we’ve got some Fosters on both sounds of the aisle too.”

Aiken introduced his family and explained that his son’s mother is David’s sister.

“This is my son Parker, making his TV debut,” Aiken said about his teenage child.

Team Aiken
Team Aiken.Disney

Harvey, 67, was surprised to learn that Aiken’s son is related to the Foster family.

“That’s David’s sister?” the comedian asked.

“That’s David’s sister and David’s nephew, yes,” Aiken reiterated.

“David’s sister Jaymes is on the right team. She wanted to win tonight. That’s why we are here,” he added.

Team Foster
Team Foster.Disney
Steve Harvey, David Foster and Katharine McPhee
Steve Harvey, David Foster and Katharine McPhee.Disney

Harvey greeted Parker with a fist bump and joked that the teen is going to get attention from “girls at the school.”

“Boy, Parker when this airs, woo,” Harvey said.

After a competitive game, Team Aiken defeated Team Foster and won $25,000 for their choice of charity, the National Inclusion Project.

Team Aiken
Team Aiken.Disney

BFFs Aiken and Jaymes became parents to Parker in 2008.

“Clay’s a natural,” Jaymes said about the “American Idol” Season 2 star in an interview with People after their son was born.

She added, “On a larger scale, he’s the perfect person. He’s been a school teacher, we have the same morals, family is very important to him and Parker means everything to us.”

Clay Aiken on the cover of People Magazine in 2008
Clay Aiken on the cover of People Magazine in 2008.AP

In May, Aiken told E! News that while Parker used to sing “all the time,” he doesn’t want to follow in his father’s footsteps and join the music industry.

“He’s chosen a different path,” Aiken explained. “He has something else he wants to do with his life. And I’m excited for him.”

The “Measure of a Man” singer pointed out his son has “American Idol” and music “in his veins.”

Clay Aiken in 2003
Clay Aiken in 2003.Getty Images

“His uncle is David Foster, the producer. So his aunt is Katharine McPhee,” he said, adding, “So Parker has got a dad and an aunt [in the industry]. But he wanted to do something else. Had he wanted to sign up? Sure. I mean, I think that’s what you’re supposed to do is support whatever they want to do.”

Foster, 74, and McPhee met on Season 5 of “American Idol” in 2006. They tied the knot in 2019 and welcomed a son in 2021.

David Foster, Katharine McPhee on July 19, 2024
David Foster, Katharine McPhee on July 19, 2024.Getty Images for Mercury Studios

Before McPhee, Foster was married four times, including to Linda Thompson (from 1991 to 2005), the ex-wife of Caitlyn Jenner (then Bruce Jenner), and Yolanda Hadid (from 2011 to 2017), the mother of models Gigi and Bella Hadid.

David Foster and Katharine McPhee at the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party
David Foster and Katharine McPhee at the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party.Getty Images
Foster recently came under fire for a resurfaced video of him calling McPhee “fat” from a concert performance of the couple’s first show together. 

The famous music producer and his wife have not spoken out about the controversy.

usmagazine.com

‘American Idol’ Alum Clay Aiken’s Son Parker, 15, Makes His TV Debut on ‘Celebrity Family Feud’

‘American Idol’ Alum Clay Aiken’s Son Parker, 15, Makes His TV Debut on ‘Celebrity Family Feud’

Clay Aiken’s son, Parker, is growing up and stepping into the spotlight.

Aiken, 45, appeared on the Tuesday, August 6, episode of Celebrity Family Feud, bringing along his 15-year-old son to help win money for charity.

“This is my son Parker making his TV debut,” the American Idol alum told host Steve Harvey, pointing to the teenager.

Aiken’s team — which also consisted of his mother, brother and Parker’s mom, Jaymes Foster — competed against David Foster and wife Katharine McPhee.

Jaymes, 66, is also the younger sister of music producer David, 74.

“David’s sister Jaymes is on the right team. She wanted to win tonight,” Aiken quipped on Family Feud.

Aiken and Jaymes, the singer’s longtime friend, welcomed their son in August 2008. Aiken later told Us Weekly how fatherhood changed his life.

“I feel a little more mature and substantially older. I realized on Father’s Day, ‘Oh wait, I don’t have to do anything for Father’s Day, it is for me!’” Aiken exclusively told Us in June 2010. “It’s strange to think about that. I enjoy also the quiet of living in North Carolina still and then I come back here to New York a good chunk of the time, at least a week a month doing [press]. I’m a fan of New York. People are a little more grounded here.”

At the time, Aiken admitted that it wasn’t “that hard” balancing his music career with parenthood.

“We’ve been pretty well. Anybody who has a kid has to juggle everything. So it’s not that much different,” he said. “We have a nice system that we work out between when he’s with her and he’s with me and we’re together and all that stuff. It’s been really authentic.”

Since then, Parker has carved his own path outside of the spotlight.

“He’s chosen a different path,” Aiken told E! News in May. “He has something else he wants to do with his life. And I’m excited for him. My son’s got a lot of not only music, but Idol in his veins.”

Aiken appeared on season 2 of American Idol, finishing in second place behind Ruben Studdard. Despite an “in” on the reality TV competition, Parker hasn’t been interested in auditioning.

“Parker has got a dad and an aunt [Katharine McPhee], and with Ruben, an uncle, who all were on American Idol,” Clay said. “But he wanted to do something else. Had he wanted to sign up? Sure. I mean, I think that’s what you’re supposed to do is support whatever they want to do.”

today.com

Clay Aiken's lookalike son, 15, makes TV debut on 'Celebrity Family Feud'

Clay Aiken's lookalike son, 15, makes TV debut on 'Celebrity Family Feud'

Aiken and his family members competed against fellow "American Idol" alum Katharine McPhee and her husband, David Foster, on "Celebrity Family Feud."

Clay Aiken and PARKER AIKEN Clay Aiken, left, and his son, Parker, appeared together on "Celebrity Family Feud."DISNEY / Eric McCandless

/ Source: TODAY

Clay Aiken's and his lookalike teen son, Parker, may have caused viewers do a double take when they showed up to compete together on the Aug. 6 episode of "Celebrity Family Feud."

The “American Idol” runner-up, 45, proudly introduced Parker, who turned 16 on Aug. 8, to host Steve Harvey. "This is my son Parker making his TV debut," Aiken said as Parker smiled.

The father-and-son duo joined forces with Aiken’s mom, Faye, his brother, Brett, and his best friend, Jaymes Foster, who is Parker's mom.

Aiken’s team took on an opposing team led by his fellow “American Idol” runner-up Katharine McPhee and her husband, famed music producer David Foster.

Special connections between the two teams made the feuding even more familial: David Foster is the brother of Jaymes Foster. He and McPhee are Parker's uncle and aunt.

David Foster has also produced several albums for Aiken.

Aiken, who competed alongside "American Idol" winner Ruben Studdard on "The Masked Singer" last season, told E! News in May 2024 that Parker has no plans to follow him — or his Aunt Katharine — into a singing career.

“He’s chosen a different path,” Aiken said during a joint interview with Studdard. “He has something else he wants to do with his life. And I’m excited for him.”

Had Parker wanted to audition to be a contestant on "Idol," Aiken said he would have backed him all the way. "Sure. I mean, I think that’s what you’re supposed to do is support whatever they want to do," said the singer.

“I think you have to do your best not to make plans for them,” he added, “because they will always do something different.”

thelist.com

Clay Aiken's Son Is Growing Up To Be His Twin

Clay Aiken's Son Is Growing Up To Be His Twin
By Kristin ConardAug. 20, 2024 8:30 am EST
Jeff Kravitz/Getty Images

Clay Aiken first rocketed to fame as a contestant on Season 2 of "American Idol," when the Raleigh, North Carolina native came in second while Ruben Studdard won "American Idol." More than 20 years later, Aiken is now father to a teenager who is basically his doppelganger. 

Parker Foster Aiken joined his dad on an August 2024 episode of "Celebrity Family Feud," marking Parker's first TV appearance. Even though Aiken has admitted to having had plastic surgery after his time on "American Idol," when you look at pictures of him from the reality show next to footage of Parker, you can definitely see the family resemblance. Parker's basically got the same cheekbones and chin as his dad along with a similarly big, bright smile.

It was a full family affair on Aiken's "Celebrity Family Feud" episode with familial connections between the opposing teams. Parker's mother, Jaymes Foster, was on the Aiken team, as were Clay's mom Faye Parker and his brother Brett Parker. They were playing against Katharine McPhee and her family, and McPhee is married to David Foster, the famous music producer who is also Jaymes' brother. Small world!

Fans online were amazed at Parker Aiken's resemblance to his dad Clay

Some fans online went crazy when they realized — or maybe remembered — that Clay Aiken had a teenage son after watching the "Celebrity Family Feud" episode. "So sitting here watching Family Feud Celebrity Musician edition & I must've missed a few chapters because Clay Aiken has a 15-year-old son, Parker, who is his mini me," one person wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Others raved about how alike the two looked, and some really loved just how tightly Parker Foster Aiken hugged his dad after the show ended. (*Spoiler alert — the Aiken family won.)

The show aired just two days before Parker's 16th birthday. Jaymes Foster was 50 when Parker was born while Clay was 29. The two used IVF to conceive, and in an interview with People when Parker was just seven weeks old, Foster talked about the bond that she and Clay shared. "We love each other dearly and deeply as friends, but I think as parents now, there's an even greater bond, certainly for me," she said. "Our job is to remain best friends for the rest of our lives and that's the most important thing for Parker." Clearly the two have stayed close, and we love to see it.

Parker Aiken's birth inspired Clay and he supports his son's dreams

It was Parker Aiken's birth that helped inspire his father Clay Aiken to publicly come out as gay. In a September 2008 issue of People, in which Clay is seen cradling his newborn son on the cover, he said that coming out, "was the first decision I made as a father. I cannot raise a child to lie or to hide things. I wasn't raised that way, and I'm not going to raise a child to do that."

Despite (or perhaps because of?) having parents involved in the music industry, Parker isn't planning on pursuing that as a career, and it sounds like his dad is 100% OK with that and supporting him no matter what. "He has something else he wants to do with his life. And I'm excited for him," Clay told E! News.

Clay himself pivoted for a bit from singing to politics, running for U.S. Congress in North Carolina in 2014 and 2022. In 2023, he returned to his "American Idol" roots by going on a short tour with Ruben Studdard. In an interview before the tour with Studdard, Clay talked about how excited he was for Parker to see him in concert and remember it — he hadn't done any concerts since his son was four.

Read More: https://www.thelist.com/1645152/clay-aiken-son-growing-up-to-be-twin/

playbill.com

Lea Salonga Releasing New Holiday Album, Sounding Joy

Lea Salonga Releasing New Holiday Album, Sounding Joy

The record, which includes a duet with American Idol star Clay Aiken, will be her first holiday album in two decades.

By Margaret Hall
September 03, 2024
Photo-Jun-24-2024-8-09-27-PM.jpg
Lea Salonga Danny Kahn

Tony winner Lea Salonga will release a new holiday album, Sounding Joy, later this year.

Her first holiday record in two decades, Sounding Joy will be available digitally and on CD from Center Stage Records November 1. Salonga's previous holiday record, The Christmas Album, was released in 2001.

Sounding Joy can be pre-ordered now at Amazon, and a limited number of signed albums are available exclusively at CenterStageRecords.com.

The studio release reimagines classic Christmas standards, introduces new original songs, and features a duet with American Idol superstar Clay Aiken. 

Take a look at the full track list:

1. Christmas Time / The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
2. Sleigh Ride
3. River
4. Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)
5. Last Christmas
6. Christmas on Broadway
7. All I Want for Christmas is You
8. Love is Our Christmas Star
9. What Child is This / Silent Night
10. I’ll Be Home for Christmas
11. This Christmas
12. Angels We Have Heard (Glory Be)  with Clay Aiken

“We are so thrilled to reunite with Lea, having previously worked with her on Once On This Isand, Allegiance, and her live album with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra," shared Van Dean, Center Stage Records president in a statement. "There’s something so special about pairing her voice with these songs. We can’t wait for everyone to hear the magic that Lea and her musicians have created.” 

In support of the album, Salonga will tour this winter, making stops in San Francisco, San Diego, Northridge, Scottsdale, and New York. For more information, visit LeaSalonga.com.