Nov. 16, Denver, CO

Ansamcw

Pre concert report:

Venue is for 5000...not full ata all from 1/3 to 1/2 full

WJ is cramped in the stage and looks like he is in the edge...they needed to add lights for him and said..Thanks clay..

people are starting to cheer for Clay

From CB:

Stub hub winners have just come out so show should be starting soon.

---

Lights went down. Recorded message is playing.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

The holiday season starts right now.

---

Here comes the opening music of ChristmasTime

I still think the opening reminds me of Beauty and the Beast - the music that is playing as the beast becomes all human - magical.

---

Nicely enthusiastic applause.

Moving right into Merry Christmas with Love.

HIs voice sounds so lovely and strong. And so DEEP on this song.

---

First vignette. Tommy's busy passing out his friends' insults - but he NEVER says anything like that.

Just caught that, "No, ma'am."

sweet southern boy

I mean Tommy!

---

Sleigh Ride!

Clay is just as good at singing fast as he is at talking fast! He sure does sound fantastic

---

Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you.

Clay really shows his versatility with this tour - moving effortlessly from a song like MCWL to Sleigh Ride with all it's "perkiness" to the showmanship of Jingle Bells to the glory of OHN and Good News and then there's the tender emotion of Season for Romance and then growly Clay is back for Celebrate Me Home.

What's not to love?

And speaking of Jingle Bells......

love love love this version

---

From CB:

She smiles at him

He says hello

They stare beneath the mistletoe.

This song is sooooooooo special. I just love how Clay has managed to pick absolutely perfect songs to blend in with the vignettes and advance the storyline.

The lyrics are so lovely on this song - and then there's the even lovelier voice.

This is one they'll not forget.

The holiday when all their dreams came true

---

I can hear laughter.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

From now on our troubles will be out of sight.

Listening to Clay sing sort of has the same effect doesn't it?

---

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - I just love the way Clay sings this song - makes me weepy every time!!

---

booooooouuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhh

interesting -

before the show came on - somebody sitting near the cellcerter was explainign about decibel levels and how there's a limit on how good the transmission can be.

When Clay hits notes like booooooooouuuuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhh he seems to blow the decibel level to shreds. Just can't handle it and it cuts out briefly.

---

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to listen, but connection is not good, very garbled. It comes & goes, CV cellstream reporter did guesstimate attendance at 2500, she said it is a big venue. I posted in other thread. Happy to hear that. His voice is coming thru good right now, luv HYSAMC, crowd showed appreciation.

---

And this song of mine in three quarter time wishes you and yours the same thing too.

Remember when we fiurst heard Clay sing Christmas Waltz? ahhh so many treats he has given us with Joyful Noise 2004 and 2005.

---

I love the songs Clay picked out for this tour - not only do they show his amazing versatility, they fit so perfectly with the storyline.

Its time for that Christmas Waltz with Clay! Every song seems to say - may your New Year's dream come true. Hey Clay - what are you doin' New Year's Eve? (What great memories!)

---

Crowd is majorly appreciating the lines about coming in second.

Guess this is one of Clay's "jokes" about it since it doesn't bother him.

Silver Bells duet.

---

Silver Bells... such beautiful harmony.

Time to bake cookies... Chestnuts roasting by an open fire... *sigh*

---

This song is so beautiful the way Clay sings it. I love the pics I've seen of him sitting next to the kitchen while Beverly and Tommy are making cookies - the smile on his face is even more beautiful than the song.

Zippy, thanks for the pretty pictures!

---

The Christmas Song

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

William's piano opening on this is lovely. I am SO loving how is talent on the piano complements Clay's voice so well.

---

Celebrate Me Home!! Clay, you come to my home and I'll celebrate!!!! Oh, that growl

---

Safe to say, DENVER approves of Celebrate Me Home!

---

intermission report:

There was a gasp with the audience during the growl

good reception but low energy...probably because of the huge room

Lots of peopel in the right couldn;t see Beverly....so people in the left and right coudln;t see a lot of the stage...

The room was not designed for a concert...its more a convention hall...

the sets were not moved in too forward to be seen by people in the right...

---

The first half is over already! How come when Clay is singing to us, time just melts away?

---

ORANGE, BLACK AND RED SOCKS!!! STRIPES!!!

---

INTERMISSION REPORT!

There are some fans who won radio tickets and have never seen Clay live. Cellcerter just asked and they are soooooo enjoying the show.

Waiting on Hockeydonna's report from Stub Hub.

---

Hair report...some people will like it some people won't...lools like vacuum sucked it up. all his ahir on top of his head is standing up...like a brush but long.

lighting is very vincent like...so could be scary at times..

---

ValerieWarriorPrincess talking about her StubHub meetNgreet.

She got her hug.

She's so excited - very cute.

Told him about a Singapore fan who came to show. Wanted to make sure he understood the international connections fans have made because of him.

Hockeydonna now - she told a funny story about giving him a $5 bill because her husband says there's a direct line from her bank account to his and this makes it official. He gave it back and told her to use it to buy the new CD.

She missed her cue to ask when it's coming out

---

81 year old fan told him he was a "gift"

Stub Hub winners got BAF blankets and Christmas ornaments.

---

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marguerite - an 80 year old woman telling how she told him he is a gift in her life. She said to him "God is good all the time and he said AMEN."

She told him a joke - why don't they have Halloween in India?

answer - they have no candy.

Clay asked her if she had another joke.

---

Talking to Aflack now. She's trying to get video but has tall people in front of her.

She's so enjoying the show - he put her in a stupor.

Mrs. Ghenghis is sending virtual hugs from Denver cuz she got hugged by Clay at MeetnGreet

---

Talking to a parade of people at the show. They all sound kind of dazed when she asks how they're enjoying the show. Happily dazed.

SOCK report - EMMY socks

---

SOCKS CORRECTION - ORANGE AND BLACK - EMMY SOCKS!

---

BWAH...according to VWP on the CV cellstream, Clay has hairy knuckles. She asked him for a hug. He said "no", then he said "I'm kidding" and grabbed her. Masculine citrusy scent. Strawberry blonde hair. Couldn't see the color of his eyes well because of the red lights shining down upon them. HD got 2 or 3 hugs.

Report from HD:

HD gave Clay a $5.00 bill and told him her dh says there is a direct connection between her bank acct and Clay's, so she figured she'd make it official. He gave it back to her and told her to spend it on his next cd *g*. She talked to him about Beads for Life. He was in performer mode but warm and friendly. It was great, incredible.

From Ch and CB:

Donna promised him he would talk to the Beads for Life people about something.

Missed a chance to get the issue date for the new cd.

He was warm, friendly and focused on you.

Greater experience than she even anticipated.

Told him to never underestimate what he does for people with his singing, not just kids. Brought her 81 year old friend with her and she old him he was a gift. He seemed very touched by that.

Mrs. Genghis gave him stuff from Univ. of Illinois. It was awesome.

With stubhub he will sign as many items as you ask. Different from regular m/g.

She got a BAF blanket in a gift bag with a BAF Christmas ornament.

---

O Holy Night

This song is pure perfection. I don't know how else to say it but that it's almost too beautiful to listen.

But I'll manage

---

This just sends chills up my spine and my insides turn to mush - that rich, golden voice.....

---

O Holy Night - my goosebumps have goosebumps! I always have to remind myself to breathe again when I hear Clay sing this song.

---

Audience gave HUGE applause to OHN.

Now, The First Noel.

so clear and pure

angelic maybe?

---

They had about 15 minutes with him. It sounds like the report about Jaymes is not accurate. HD told him about the Beads for Life & about VWP doing riding therapy for children with disabilities

They are now talking with another Stub Hub winner. She is 80yo & told Clay that he was a gift to save this generation. She says he is so down to earth. She told him a joke and he asked if she had another one.

---

From CB:

Audience gave HUGE applause to OHN.

Now, The First Noel.

so clear and pure

angelic maybe?

---

O come let us adoooooooooooooore him, Christ the Looooooooooooooooooooooooord. The LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRD

and the crowd goes wild.

---

THE LOOOORRRRRRDDDDD just went on forever!

---

Wow! The crowd really loved the end of O Come All Ye Faithful. That last note was a killer!!!

---

Hark the Herald Angels Sing

One after another he takes these hymns and delivers a prayer that is sublime in its pure emotion.

Not even sure that makes sense. Can I just say he's really really good at this?

---

Jacob singing Emmanuel

I do enjoy this version - and it's kinda sweet to imagine Clay enjoying watching him sing.

---

And now for another favorite (ssshhhh - hope no one is noticing that they are ALL favorites)Mary, Did You KNow

---

Quiana's singing about her Grown Up Christmas List

and with this song, Clay brings us full circle so that Beverly understands that Christmas is for grownups too - but in a different and possibly more special way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUIANNA - MGUCL.....I really like her singing this....it seems almost to have been written for her voice!

---

Clay's Christmas message is playing.....he is changing into the black suit of gah......

Recorded message talking about the meaning of Christmas.

He'd like to think he's a little more mature.

Christmas is an opportunity to praise God and to thank him for the family and friends.

Dedicated to the fans for being those blessings. He makes this joyful noise for us.

Hello Denver!

talking about risks - doing a different type of show

You learn a lot

like it's a lot of work

He's learned a lot about Christmas

being on the road for the holidays

not necessarily about being with blood relatives but the people we surround ourselves with.

Thanking then for being part of family.

Now introducing the family on stage.

---

Don't Save it all for Christmas Day!

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHh

the crowd is relaly loving this

---

I CLOSE MY EYES AND I CAN SEE HIM.....SINGING GOOD NEWS.....THOSE HANDS, THOSE HANDS.....

---