Fingers crossed for a date near me!

So much fun!

-Parker doesn’t look as much like Clay as I thought he would, good mix of both.

-Brett always was so shy, glad to see him on here.  Even better, seeing Jaymes playing as an Aiken not a Foster!

-How great does Faye look? Not much older than she did 20 yrs ago

Cant wait to see this show! 🥰

Yesterday was the second of four New Student Orientations at my college.  I'm in charge of these now; while I think many things went well, there were several things where some higher ups looked at me like "you screwed up."  I'll take the blame, but also I have to admit that my direct boss has been out for 7 weeks recovering from back surgery.  Therefore, I've felt a little unsupported.  There is a different department that really is in charge of orientations -- and they are the ones that are looking at me funny.  The thing is, I think the new students who showed up (and their parents/support family) actually got out of what we wanted them to learn.  Sorry, venting here.

And then our A/C went out yesterday when it’s 90 degrees with tons of humidity.  I’m staying home from church today so I can wait for the emergency service guy.  Ugh.  We slept in our finished basement last night to try to keep cool.

4 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Yesterday was the second of four New Student Orientations at my college.  I'm in charge of these now; while I think many things went well, there were several things where some higher ups looked at me like "you screwed up."  I'll take the blame, but also I have to admit that my direct boss has been out for 7 weeks recovering from back surgery.  Therefore, I've felt a little unsupported.  There is a different department that really is in charge of orientations -- and they are the ones that are looking at me funny.  The thing is, I think the new students who showed up (and their parents/support family) actually got out of what we wanted them to learn.  Sorry, venting here.

And then our A/C went out yesterday when it’s 90 degrees with tons of humidity.  I’m staying home from church today so I can wait for the emergency service guy.  Ugh.  We slept in our finished basement last night to try to keep cool.

Ldyj,  Good luck on your remaining orientation sessions. I'm certain your students appreciated, and benefited from your information.  I've had my share of 'close the door when everyone leaves, and scream at top of my lungs" episodes during my career.   See  my direct message to you.

Looks like a hot spell in your area for next 10 days, etc. Your daytime temps resemble my night temps, and we never have chance to cool off. At least your night temps will be back to mid sixties soon. 

Beanerknits

2 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

A repost on Twitter from Clay.

The scuttlebutt here in MN is that a dozen black SUV’s picked up Walz recently at the Gov’s mansion and the SS whisked him away. Hmmm 🤔 

10 hours ago, Mik4clay said:

Just announced -- Tim Walz of mik4clay's home state of Minnesota, is Harris's VP pick.  I think it's a great choice, and I do feel bad about Minnesota losing their beloved governor though.

5 minutes ago, Mik4clay said:

This one is bittersweet for me! But I tell you, this country just got the best thing it’s gotten in a long time‼️ BigDad is here- never fear 💙 lol

Yay !!! Agree. In the bigger picture, it's a great gain.

4 hours ago, Mik4clay said:

This one is bittersweet for me! But I tell you, this country just got the best thing it’s gotten in a long time‼️ BigDad is here- never fear 💙 lol

I feel like a "thank you for Minnesota's sacrifice" fits here.  I'm also seeing tons of "Minnesota nice" and "Big Dad Energy" memes going around.  I LOVE IT.

Clay posted a new Instagram story; it also introduces his family on the show! https://www.instagram.com/stories/clayaiken/3428775976995696800?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MXd4dXZzeWYza3FoZw==

FYI, I'm running SUPER busy at work, so if anyone finds anything about tonight, feel free to bring it over to the board!

1 hour ago, ldyjocelyn said:

I feel like a "thank you for Minnesota's sacrifice" fits here.  I'm also seeing tons of "Minnesota nice" and "Big Dad Energy" memes going around.  I LOVE IT.

I too have been following this for days. Your thx makes me feel better!

But this!! Sums it up 😆

3F93955E-6D5B-449B-84DF-9ADF68F8DE83.thumb.png.892dcdbd6faf183c1dd1797a97517d99.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ldyj,

I'd be happy to submit your vote(s) for you. 

Will contact you later via message. 

Settling down (with my popcorn -joking) for Celeb Family Feud to start.

Beanerknits

Well, this is turning out to be quite fun.  Seeing Parker do this is pretty amazing.  I’m also quite intrigued that all of Clay’s family said they’d do this.  Brett has always seemed so private, and same with Jaymes.  And this show gets raunchy enough that it doesn’t seem like Faye’s cup of tea.  But I’m hoping that they win and get lots of money!