July 20, Chautauqua, NY

A better description of the easel banter:'

Someone forgot to get the cue cards, so Clay had to go get them and set them up, the girls were entertaining the crowd, and then the easel fell down and Clay asked if someone wanted to be the easel

..and remember Balki had that great role in Beverly Hills Cop.

Serge! OMG, that was a GREAT roll!

Someone quoted from a M&G story that he likes mayo on his hot dogs. OK. I have put up with a LOT of crazy stuff from Clay Aiken...but MAYO on a hot dog???????? *throws up in her mouth a little* I'm afraid that might just be a deal breaker for me.

:cryingwlaughter:

(I was kidding, for anyone who doesn't know me).

heee..

Confession..Clay and I have a CON NEC TION..because of course you put mayo on your hotdog. Where are you people from. :cryingwlaughter: Of course since the whole trying to eat right kicked in, I have pretty much dropped mayo from my diet. But ketchup, mustard, relish and onions on a hotdog..YUMMY.

Quiana's song now. Clay can't seem to figure out if they're having a 15 or 20 minute intermission. Dude, your name's on the ticket, so I suspect it can be as long as you want it to be. They aren't gonna start the second half without you.

dancing all over the stage during the Jefferson - standing ovation for These Open Arms..sound is great at this venue -

When people starting shouting out..he said come on people this isn't a pentacostal church

hair..the same

has stubble

dark pants/striped shirt

Couchie, the easel holds big cards with the names of the TV shows on them. Apparently, Jerome finally brought out the easel. They had no place to put the cards as they changed them so they were tossed all over the stage.

Blue and white striped, fitted shirt, rivet-less jeans (darn it - maybe he's saving them for Ohio and Michigan).

so he said what was the name of that show I tried out for in Atlanta... So you Think you Can dance, American has Talent..and then someone shouted out American Idol

Mixed crowd..lots of men and young people

so it's just a prop thing because he didn't start out doing this with an easel..I haven't watched clack so am not getting the concept... and they do keep the same order right?

great weather

NO rivets on the pants.

lighting is good for photographers.

The certers keep emphasizing the size and diversity of the crowd - commented that there seem to be a lot of "Not Just Us" types, which I think is great news.

He said they must be giving away tickets at Wal-mart -- free Clay Aiken ticket in the cracker jack

Hilarious..Artquest cursed and said ooh her mam wouldnt' like that. Funny considering the Clay and Faye talk today. I think no matter how old you are...you DO care about what your parents think. Too funny.

second half about to begin.

Quiana got a standing o after her song.

Via irishbookgal at CV:

hahaha3.gif

I can't hear all the M&G'er is saying - I think they talked to Clay about the kind of talk show he'd like to do - something about tapping into Larry King and Diane Sawyer's experiences. Please don't quote me on that, because it was very unclear.

Via CV:

my friend who had the meet and greet was asking questions that we had mentioned in chat, they were very random, but one was if he had ever ridden a motorcycle, and he laughed at her and looked at her like she was crazy for even asking.

He said they must be giving away tickets at Wal-mart -- free Clay Aiken ticket in the cracker jack

Well, damn. I literally bought Cracker Jack tonight at WalMart -- it's for my Mom in the nursing home, who requested it.

*runs off to open the box anyway and mouths "Sorry Mom'*

No, no, no -- no ketchup on hot dogs either. Mustard and a bit of relish. That's all!

It sounds like the TV Medley is getting funnier and funnier with the addition of the easel. couchie, I think the reason they are doing this with the names of the shows on the signs on the easel is because there's been more than a few people saying "I don't know this one," or things like that. I actually think he may be surprised that people don't watch TV like he does!

ATD right now!!!!

EEEEEEEE! stitchie is in the house!!!!!

bottlecap, that avi makes me seasick. I saw a slower one earlier today....I'm gonna have to find that now....

Measure of a Man... funny, didn't like this song at first..until one night after dark I was walking in the seedier side of San Francisco so I put this song in my cd player and threw on my headphones and played it over and over and it just really calmed me down. Weird thing. I've loved it since then.

My other comfort song is Good News..I listen to it whenever I'm sad.

And the crowd goes WILD for MOAM. Justifiably, of course.

couchie, I was like that for IWCY -- didn't care for it, and then one bad work day/night I played over and over again and it really helped. Now I love the song.

WY -- another fantastic showcase for his voice. *sigh*