July 20, Chautauqua, NY

At this point, kick MOAM to the curb. He WAILED on WY, and the crowd knows it. Good Lord, that gave me chills from a crappy sounding cellcert.

Asked a lady in the front row with binoculars if he had a hair on his face. Why yes, dude -- it's known as stubble.

He's made the orchestra stand up, and the crowd gave them a standing ovation!

shudders thinking of a general admission appearance GMA was bad enough and that was from a small entrance to a wide field the second time, or forced to walk in line and placed in position the first time.

I think this may be one of those times when the young and healthy are in front, heh.

got too busy today trying to get a haircut - geez, the word must be out among the hairdressers, none want to deal with me. I wonder if it is the same list as the one I am on with the repairmen that never show up. Anyway, still cellcert free, will listen in on yours, heh. So far they seem to have sucked, so I haven't missed much.

Georgia Clay - were you lurking or do we have to redo all your birthday wishes? And all the where is she, I hope she is all right?

Going to any concerts this year?

I was wondering if he would mention Harry Potter tonight --

SEAN HAS IT ALREADY!!! That little cuss!

play, if it helps, I paid for my cellstream on June 3 from the CH, so your receipt should be in that time frame.

I'm having company and won't be around to add comments from the after show... so if someone else can do it ...that would be great.... or maybe they will be very late..that will be nice of them

I really love his version of Because you loved me..Never tire of it. and I heard it thousands of times when I was making my montage

didn't walk in the audience in the second half

Clay seems to have included the orchestra in the bits tonight..much to their shock heee

The audience was up dancing ...teenagers hyperventilating

Lots of people singing along

He didn't sing much of The Way YOu make me feel...

Everybody was up singing and dancing

Angela encouraged some folks on the front row to come up and sing

Clay played air guitar during beat it

jamming all over stage tonight..conducting the orchestra besides Jesse

He did some little break dancing move...Angie taught him how to do it... he did it like 8 times.. said his breakdancing was like magic

eagerly awaiting Harry Potter tomororw....Sean has a copy already

I was wondering if he would mention Harry Potter tonight --

SEAN HAS IT ALREADY!!! That little cuss!

Sean looks like he's the target age group for Harry Potter - like 12 or something? :cryingwlaughter:

I know. I know People of all ages love Harry Potter - but the 12-sih folks are the target group - right?

From CB:

Quote:

During the M&G someone asked if he had ever written a motercycle and he just looked at them weird like "why did you ask that?" He never gave an answer.

He did an impression of Arnold and he seemed to enjoy doing it too!!!

There was some kind of a dance that he was trying to be taught and he told one of the girls "you didn't hold my hand". The dance has to do with the shoulders.

From the CV Cellcert:

They're lining up now for the post-show hand-shake line and Jerome has them lined up down the street. The people living on the street are out on their balconies watching the spectacle.

Clay said that the closest he would get to being hip was that he had two hips.

He was wearing "purplish/greyish/greenish" socks! Hee!

The line-up is over two blocks long for the bus line.

Lots of screams......Clay's coming down the line now........

They're walking down the street now to the end of the line....Clay and Jerome and two venue security guys.

From OFC (from bus line up):

Awww...Jerome just said "We're going to make it happen for you."

There are tons of people out there. Jerome is walking the line... The bus is very very nice...

CV:

Here he comes! Jerome and two other security guys.

From OFC (from bus line up):

Awww...Jerome just said "We're going to make it happen for you."

There are tons of people out there. Jerome is walking the line... The bus is very very nice...

Yeah, well, he told us that in Philly too..... <_<

**Note to self - Must boycott the Mann unless Clay comes back**

Hey everyone,

We are just back from the bus line tonight. It was a reallly weird set up, being in the Chautauqua Institute, and we were amazed that Jerome took the time to make it work. There were tons of people waiting, and Jerome stretched them out along a residential street and back. Clay did both sides of the one street. He walked by us twice, the first time to go down one street, and then to go back down ours. On the way we heard him tell Jerome he was having difficulty because he couldn't see where he was going - it was quite dark. He was really moving. When he finally got to the bus he just flopped down on the couch. He was probably exhausted.

It was a really different venue and an interesting day. We arrived about 4 pm and had no idea which gate to line up at, so we picked the one with no line. The security people said all gates would open at the same time. Ours was at the back of the venue, on the top level. We had lots of fun waiting and chatting with people in line. There were food vendors so we were able to take turns leaving the line to grab something to eat or to go to the bathroom or whatever. Jerome came over to our gate from inside the venue around 6:30 or so and asked us if we knew where the meet and greet people were, and we told him probably at will call, which was a few blocks away, at the entrace to the Institute. He couldn't believe it, so he radioed Mary to ask her, and she said "si senor" which cracked us all up. Jerome had a Fifty 2 Thirty shirt on and his pass had a picture of one of the dogs on it. He was really friendly and was joking around with us. He finally got a venue security guy to walk him to the will call and he returned with 7 m&g people.

They finally opened the gates around 7 pm and it was insanity. They were yelling at us "WALK, DON'T RUN" as we took off past them and tore down the ramps towards the floor sections. I couldn't believe we made it into a second row pew, on the left side. It was pure pandemonium for the first couple of minutes, people pushing and shoving and trying to fit more people into the rows, but it settled down. The venue was almost completely full by show time. You could see lots of Chatuaqua residents wearing their passes coming in closer to show time and trying to find a place to sit.

Clay entered on an upper level behind the stage, where no one was seated. He walked around to the right and came down one of the aisles over there and then up onto the stage. The acoustics were absolutely fantastic in there. He sang the duet IWKWLI with Angela again tonight. He laughed at us because we were all sitting in pews and he had a cushy seat. At one point towards the end of the show he called it "cush for the tush" LOL.

I'm sure you've all heard about the fiasco that happened for the TV medley, when at first no one had brought the signs and the poster boards out, and Clay went backstage to find them, and then Jerome went and helped carry it all out, while the girls entertained the crowd. And then the easel broke and the signs fell and Clay finally just threw the pile of them down on the ground. It was hilarious, but poor guy had to think on his feet but they finally got it together and made the best of the situtation. I give him so much credit for being able to make any situation work. He was totally into it by the Jeffereson theme, and was dancing while holding the signs. Hee, what a guy. Can't wait for the clack of that!

His vocals tonight were amazing. I can't believe that for the 3 shows I've seen this week, they just seem to be getting better and better. There were standing O's for everything in the second half, and lots of spontaneous applause at the beginning of songs, too, when people recognized what they were. Especially for MOAM and Without You. I have to say that I have been in 7th heaven the past two nights, because I've had a totally unobstructed, full body view of him, each time he's sung Without You. I just love the way he sings it with his whole body. It's one of my favourite parts of the show.

The classics tonight was on fire (but isn't it always? hee). I'll never get enough of it. And then he just went into this worm kind of dance thing afterwards, holding Angela's hand. Then he went over and grabbed Quiana's hand and made her do it with him. He was tickled with himself, I think, that he'd learned it backstage, and was showing off. What a cute little ham he is!

When he said the show was ending, and was talking about the fans and stuff, he asked how many were from Chautauqua and then how many traveled far to get there. Then he cracked a joke about how they see the same faces over and over and over and over and over and they even see thim in their dreams and nightmares (all said with much affection, of course) and then he even cracked himself up with it, and said he'd have to use that one again, it got such a good reaction. It was cute. The people in front of us decided to leave before he started singing Because You Loved Me so it turned out that our 2nd row became front row for that song. He came and stood on the corner of the stage right in front of us and sang the first verse right to us. It was awesome. I love him.