12/08 Albany NY Concert chat

Ansamcw

Lets start talkigna bout the concert...

I may bring some cellstream reports from other boards but only if its different from what we have here.

I have enjoyed reading all the chats...hope people will continue to jump in and join the conversation.

William Joseph's set has started, and he got a great reception for his first song.

Per the CV stream, many of the concertgoers are going to head directly to the next venue in Providence, RI tonight in order to got ahead of the snow that is expected.

I'll also bring this link over - it's for the Palace Theater, where tonight's concert is being held. You can take a virtual tour.

WJ's now playing "Grace" (I think that's what he said - anybody know for sure?)

Edited by bottlecap

Kashmir was next, and now I believe it is Homeward Bound, which WJ introduces as being Clay's favorite song of off William's album. It is very nice. It would be great to see WJ with a live orchestra, instead of a backing track.

I do like the trio of William, Andy, and Daniel as a backing combo for Clay's TV performances. I wonder who will be on the "Dear Santa" show with Clay tomorrow night - I think William was in the picture posted on the OFC, but I don't know who else from the band.

Per CV: "Ausperius" -- the "blur" song (because WJ's fingers move so fast!)

In the first intermission now.

Edited by bottlecap

The cellcerter is reporting there is a line of 5 or 6 very cute little girls in the front row. I bet they'll have a great time. (Is it wrong to be jealous of 10 year olds?)

Two women walking around with electrical tape; venue appears to be filling up; don't know if more people are coming in or just moving up to the front rows.

Edited by bottlecap

Sleigh Ride - gliding along, comfycozy, come on it's lovely weather...

OT: Clay was on the Discovery Health Channel's Dilly Sextuplet documentary:

"That was really cute -- the one girl (Claire) has a TOTAL crush on Clay and says good morning and good night to his picture -- they showed some of Clay singing at the JBT and then the bus meeting that we saw last night" - the preview was on the Insider last night. So look for new Clack.

Jingle Bells - sounds really fast tonight.

"Put on your bells, your Christmas bells"

Screams at the "Ring those bells" part - Clay must be groovin'.

Edited by bottlecap

Jingle bells medley...his voice is very strong here.

i lvoe this song and the jazzy way he sings it...so retro to Andy williams the original version

hey the audience started cheering and saying woohoo...wonder if something new happened.

Season for Romance...what a romantic rendition...his voice weaves the story.

Love the Jingle bells medley - I guess I have to look up discovery and find when they are rerunning the sextuplets show. I know people were suggesting that Clay would be on it.

Cellstream is a bit choppy for me, I hear and then it is quiet. But then again, I have been having computer problems lately. The sound card is not recognized sometimes.