Fingers crossed for a date near me!

Was it Quiana? No one at CV confirms this, and I can’t tell. 

FB post with pictures of the Gala before the show and a little bit of video at the end. https://www.facebook.com/100015270996663/posts/pfbid0m2tKykoRvwo3a1UAmSkNjTFMHf6TsEwUyuHgV1ALiQ1FcwTYuxpDr41y8TKvPK5Gl/

Red report from ianmom, used with permission.

Okay,  (deep breath)  Now that I a have had a little sleep and while video is rendering..  I will try and gather my recollections.   

First things first..  The show started right on time.  8:00 PM EXACTLY!!   Which is great, except for when you have packed too much in one day  and you should have left the restaurant 10 minutes earlier than you did even though you were only 5 minutes away.  Yes,  I was that person....  (hangs head in shame).  Luckily for me the ushers were very gracious and allowed us to get to our seats.  We were seating before the guys were actually onstage but it was close.

It took me a few deep breathes to get my heart to stop pounding,  once that happened I couldn't stop grinning.

After their first song the first thing the guys chatted about was how amazing the facility is.  It is!  As an old high school theatre (Drama FreeK, as we were known at our school). I was so envious, imagining what we could have done with that space.  That is basically what Ruben and Clay both said.  Something like if you are a performing arts student here, you have nothing to look forward to after you graduate.  You will never have as nice a place to work in, even if you get to Broadway.

I apologize again for not getting the new backup singers name.  Clay explained that she had just had about a day and a half of rehearsals with them, but she had stepped right it.  She appears to be a little younger than Ashley and she is a tiny little thing.  She has a great voice and is obviously thrilled to be doing the show.  From what was said,  she will be with them till the end of the run.

Like I said Unchained Melody. was amazing.  Both Ruben and Clay looked well rested and very happy to be back working together.  Lots of true smiles and belly laughs.

I will close out with one final apology for what I will call ""To Love Somebody" interruptus".  I had great seats, but for some reason the 2 people in front of me were very tall with lots of hair. that was a challenge to deal with.  I thought a few rows back would be better than looking up their noses, but  front row does have the advantage of no obstructions.

Had a great time.  I don't think the kick off could have been better.  I will be headed to Modesto in the middle of November....

1 hour ago, beanerknits said:

I've been waiting for this one!  I kept looking and looking at their website.  Thanks for finding this!

• Like 1
On 9/25/2023 at 9:21 PM, ldyjocelyn said:

This one is amazing!!!!!!! Sound quality is good, not up to clack standards for video, but OMG. Took me back.

44 minutes ago, beanerknits said:

This?  Freaking adorable.  I wub him.

50 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

FYI, if you click the circle next to the the Arts Commons logo, there's FB stories there, all with sound.  (You might have to unmute the stories...)

Ldyj, Thanks, so adorable.😍

OMG, I had no idea there was hidden 'treasure'. 

I'm gonna start clicking around more now !!😜