# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

Bunch of retweets last night.  Most were about Braydon Harrington, a 13-year-old who met Joe Biden, and they shared a common bond -- stuttering.  This took guts for that young man, and I loved it.

And this last tweet explains a bit more why he posted this last one.

I wish I drank!   Honestly who’s funny idea is it to have 2 hurricanes in the gulf at the same time?  What with that and Corona I’m done!  My daughter is going back to her school on Wednesday where they have in person meetings regarding the school year.  This could have been done remotely but no.  The district does not require masks in the classroom!  How she is going to cope with her students I have no idea.  Yesterday she was sitting on the stairs crying her eyes out. She is so scared but has no alternative.  She loves her job and her kids but has been looking online to find another job. I think a lot of teachers are doing the same thing.  We know of at least 7 people who have tested positive!    It is so sad that this virus is being treated so cavalierly by the powers that be.  Just down the road there is a district that has been back one week and has “unofficially” 10 kids tested positive!  They’re supposedly not reporting it. It’s a very small district so its a high percentage  

We have been so careful and now it seems for nought!

11 hours ago, merrieeee said:

I wish I drank! 

You could always start....

Seriously, though...I feel for both you and your daughter.  Hurricanes are nothing to mess with, and add to it COVID -- wow.  

As for the school, though, it's so idiotic.  It used to be that science could be trusted, but no more.  That makes me mad.  Has your daughter contacted her students to find out if they are willing to be a required mask classroom?  

6 minutes ago, merrieeee said:

Oh and she just got a text to let her know there is a get together breakfast in the cafeteria on Wednesday!  But, but, but that is off limits to students!!  Give me strength!

OMG.

Clay tweet:

This came in my Google alerts overnight for Clay.  He gets a brief mention in this profile of Don Jr. in the New York Times.  Donald Trump Jr. is Ready. But for What, Exactly?

In 2001, he moved back to New York City and took his place at the company. But his greatest contribution to the family business came on the set of “The Apprentice,” which he joined as an occasional boardroom judge in the show’s 2006 season. He was valued by the producers as a stabilizing presence, running interference between the cast and crew and the volatile star, his father. When Trump would berate crew members for a mistake, one “Apprentice” producer recalls, Trump Jr., speaking from a well of personal experience, would console them: “It’s not your fault; it’s your turn.”

People who worked on the show remember him often trying to lighten the mood. “He provided the comic relief, because his dad doesn’t have a sense of humor and Ivanka wasn’t someone who made jokes,” says Clay Aiken, the “American Idol” winner who appeared on “The Celebrity Apprentice” in 2012. “He was perfectly fine to take the piss out of himself, but sometimes he’d make a joke about his dad — and then you could tell he was really nervous his dad wouldn’t like it. His self-esteem was in the gutter.”

And the NYTimes called Clay the winner of AI.  Everyone knows that, right?

Yeah something good-school is closed for 3 days.  Right now it is a gorgeous day but we know what’s coming.  We’re staying home. We have batteries, groceries, water, have made ice and finally money! I can’t remember the last time I used money!