# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

I just can’t watch anything political anymore! I’ve had enough. Too many stupid people out there.  Every night I switch on the local news to see what’s happening....as far as I can tell I should or should not vote for someone....at least that’s what all the ads tell me!  Roll on the next three weeks.  I’m not holding out any hope that my guy will win, too many variables.  I desperately want him to but.....

I know how you feel merrieee, what I wouldn’t do to just fast forward to whenever this is all over.. scary part is we can’t even say that will be Nov. 4 :( 

The kicker is my Spec Ed teacher son had to go into quarantine today b/c his co-teacher tested positive today and was breathing all over him on Friday morning.. (they were masked) but son won’t know for sure until he gets his test back on Friday.

i hope things are going better than that for your daughter merrieee!

Thanks for asking!  She was doing ok, still stressed but coping better until one another teacher tested positive! The stats are still pretty good though 400 students and 17 teachers with only 2 positive.  She does all the right things and has not been close to either one so.....

‘It seems that both these people have mingled with family members and have eaten out so maybe they didn’t get it at school.  I haven’t been into a store since March and only get takeout.  The only person I actually am in contact with beside my daughter is a friend of hers and she stays 10 feet away, outside with a mask on! So we are trying our darnedest to do what’s right.  

Yes, I married into "Minnesota," and in many ways, I'd love to move there.  Yes, the winters are harsh, but I'm not a hot weather person at all (I don't know how merrieeee does it in Texas!), plus they all seem to know how to drive in the snow.  OK, so the mosquitoes are HUGE -- I'd just buy up bug spray.  Alas, I don't think I'll be moving though -- I need to keep my job for as long as possible.  Once my husband procures a job with insurance (he's working on a web developer degree), I'll get my retirement set up.

This virus is crazy.  merrieeee, I hope everything continues to work out with your daughter, and with your son mik.  I am very grateful that I don't have to "go to work" everyday like that.  I did go see my husband's band last Saturday -- all outdoor venue, all tables spread out.  I'll be counting down 14 days from that day at this point...heh.  That, however, is his last gig for a long time, with colder weather coming.  

Idy, I’m just the opposite.. I detest the winters here but love the other 3 seasons! The mosquito thing is always brought up by people from other states- I actually talked to a Californian once that really thought they were the Mn state bird ~What? Lol.  If you live here you don’t even notice them, they are really only bad about a couple of weeks each summer.  

I live in the northern half of the state, up in the lakes area.. so a lot of rural Trumpers 🙄 of course the janitor, at my sons school, also tested positive.. guess where he was 2 weeks ago? Oh yeah no masking rally.  I’m upset that it’s the adults that seem to be more irresponsible than the children they serve! Pretty sure they will be going all virtual soon- Cross your fingers 🤞

What is with YKW saying he would kiss all the guys and girls in the crowd now?! Like anyone would want any of that acck hahaha no just no. Most frustrating are the people at the rallies saying they would wear a mask if he told them to. End this now ~jeez pleez 🤪

Where is my Clay?? I wonder if he’ll do anything virtual maybe for Christmas?? Save me beautiful singing man, we need you more than ever now 🥰

Mik, I know that about the mosquitoes...but mosquitoes LOVE me, even here in Illinois, so I can only imagine how rough I could have it in Minnesota.

I haven't watched any of the proceedings the past few days.  As a matter of fact, I've been avoiding watching the news lately.  Too infuriating.  I do still read though, and I think that's a better way to consume news at this point.

New podcast is up!

Where we you on this date in 2003?  If you were me, you had just listened to Measure of a Man (the album) about 10 times by now, after being awake half the night for the release parties.  I had to drive home from Chicago, in the rain, and listened to the album at least three time during that drive.  Great memories.

Podcasts are coming up a day earlier now~ I know this b/c I live life podcast to podcast 🤪

The race I’m watching more than T & B is the Harrison/ Graham senate race.  Oh that boy is putting old Lindsey in his place and that’s making me happy!

lets see,  this day 2003? My then 10 yr old daughter and I were out busy shopping... for multiple MOAM cd’s! We were crazed- I think we bought like 6!! Gave some away but kept 2, have no idea where they are now??? Stashed away in my underwear drawer or something ;) 

Idy, those bugs bite you cuz your too sweet- they don’t like me so much LOL

He was live on Instagram, FB, YouTube (who knew about that?  I'm now subscribed!) and he thought Periscope (who uses that anymore?).  I think he was having the most success seeing questions on YouTube, so I switched to that.  

He looked so happy and handsome.  Also -- wonder what game show?

(Am I weird that I want him to be on the New Supermarket Sweep?  No?)