# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

Haven’t had a chance to check out new podcast yet .. why have I not heard of the website 538? Clay knows it so well that Clare (this weeks guest) commented above that HE should be working for them!

That would be so cool ✌️

FiveThirtyEight is a great website for political nerds.  Nate Silver is the guy who founded it, and his prognostication of presidential elections over the years has been astounding. Love that Clare though Clay would be great there.  It’s a great podcast this week!

Wow I can see how the nerds would love this computer generated polling strategy, so smart! But for me, not so much.. I would be checking it all the time for assurances and then I would need the Xanax!

shoutouts to Texas and Mn on the podcast- whoa if Mn goes red and Tx blue! That would be incredible and horribly depressing for me.. I think all they can really say is that we won’t know anything until the election 🤪  

And FWIW, I never watched another minute of American Idol after Clay Aiken lost - I wasn’t bitter, just couldn’t find anyone else that I suspect would have come close to him Ha Ha

Someone who used to be my best friend posted on Facebook how happy she was the Biden bus was almost run off the road!  I had to sit on  my hands to stop from posting! Her posts have been escalating and I honestly don’t think I can continue to be her friend.  I’m all for differences of opinion and your choice but when you actively cheer a menacing act well......

Mik, I am a HUGE Harrison Ford fans!  One of my many celebrity crushes.

merrieeee, I too want these next few days over soon.  I am afraid though that it won’t end on Tuesday, or even by the end of the week. I am trying my best to keep the faith!  

My best friend from college used to be a fairly liberal sort, but got married to a militia type guy.  He scares me, and I think he’s really starting to rub off on her finally. She hasn’t blatantly posted yet like your friend merrieeee, but she’s getting close. What is wrong with people?  I would also condemn that bus incident if it was Biden supporters doing the same to a Trump bus. 

48 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

What’s wrong with people?

I think I must ask this question at least 3 times a day.  It’s scary because it really, in so many ways, can not reflect the outcome of this election 😪 It’s almost like it’s so popular right now to be an ass. I have to believe that good will outweigh evil. Yes, I think the bus incident is rooted in evil.. dramatic maybe? But I really do think anyone demo or  repub that think that’s ok and sits in a church or acts charitable etc are just hypocrites .. it drives me crazy to watch it.  I have to have HOPE for this country! 🙏🏻

I’ve tried to see the other side.....I really have.  I’ve watched the news from many aspects and I still cannot see it.   Here in Texas there is no doubt where people stand and though I want to I am not comfortable putting out my candidates sign.  So in my window I have a sign that says “I will vote on 11/3”. I think my point gets across without stirring up the ykw!  I’ve already voted but they don’t know that.

Mik4clay they always were asses but now they’ve been given permission to show it!