Dancing with the stars

kc01

No, it's not just you who gets a weird vibe from Wayne Newton. Don't really know what it is but his face looks like plastic.

He had a great voice when he was a kid but really haven't heard him sing for a long time. I felt bad for Cheryl but I guess they do expect that when they get the bad draw. I just love Julianne and Helio and don't really know what kind of a fan base he has but she is very popular and a spectacular dancer. Poor Albert just didn't have a fan base because he was a pretty good dancer. I think Mark is very courageous to be dancing with a new hip, and not doing to badly at that.

Who do you think will win? I don't usually watch the show on Tuesdays because I like Bones and House but do channel surf a bit to see the results. I don't vote either but probably will when it gets down the last few.

Is anyone watching DTWS? I love that show and the celebrities are just getting better and better each week. Sabrina and Mel B are fantastic and Jennie is coming along nicely but Jane, as elegant as she is, was out of her element last night. Boy she looks good for her age and the fact that she has a bunch of kids. Hell,m she looks good for any age. I think the fainting may have affected Marie.

It's nice to see the women doing so well. I like Helio but Cameron, not so much.

WOW, Toots, did you watch the results show. When I saw Marie and Jane were safe, I couldn't imagine who would be in the bottom two. I'll bet this will be all the water cooler talk tomorrow. This celebs that are left are all fun and they seem to really like each other. I almost hate to see anyone go home at this point.

I can't believe it!!! Sabrina was really good and she and Mark have so much chemistry, whattttttttt. It just may be that people think that Sabrina was already a dancer and therefore should not be in the competition. I don't know anything about the Cheetah Girls so can't make an informed decision but she sure could dance.

The show really needs to do something to prevent that kind of injustice because if the celebrity has a huge fan base or whatever, they can stay on forever no matter how good or bad they dance.

Hope they don't ruin the fun for me but that almost did last night. :cry4: How about you?

Yeah, I'm a little confused by the whole thing. If the judges scores count for half, is that right? Then a contestants phone in votes must be pretty low to bring them down to the bottom. With Sabrina, I was under the impression that she had a Disney voting block and Cheetah Girl fans behind her. She wasn't my favorite at this point, but I wanted to see her dance some more. I have seen posts on another Clay board that has a TV forum, where people felt like she was the odds on favorite a) because they want a female winner this year. and B) because of the Disney/ABC connection. I guess this shoots those two theories down.

Well Jane finally went home! I thought she was very graceful and certainly beautiful but she couldn't keep up with the others. I love Mel and Maks...they are just so in your face and provide a lot of entertainment. My picks would be Mel & Maks or Helio and Julianne. I do like Derek/Jennie but don't think she's going to make it all the way. Len's remark about Mel B getting along well with Maks was very telling. I don't think Len likes Maks.

Now we are getting down to the good stuff! So much talent this year....going to be hard to match them next year.

I think Sabrina's problem is that her main target audience is not the same as DWTS. Disney caters to tweens and under. I doubt they would be up voting for her. I also have a problem with celebrities like her and Mel that dance a lot in their regular work. At least Mel's not that active as a Spice girl anymore. But Sabrina is still very active as a Cheetah girl and they do a lot of dancing...so she does have an unfair advantage over the others.

I wanna be seen in View New Posts!

In general, I don't care about charm and personality and whatever, I fast forward through everything but the dances and the judges comments.

Don't think Marie deserved to still be here. She has lost a tremendous amount of weight - but simply is not at the level of the other dancers. Don't care if it's age, or the problems she's gone though (which she has held up beautiful - though I think the faint got her enough pity votes to keep her), but she is the worst of the four celebrity dancer, and Jonathan is not hot enough to overcome Marie's lack of talent.

Jenny has improved tremendously, but whines too much. And I find her dances just OK - for some reason, especially in the Latin dances, she's a step slow. And I may be alone in this, but Derek just doesn't thrill me.

When Helio is good, he is better than Jenny, and his meh is as good as Jenny's good. I think Julianne is one of the best choreographers on the show, though some of the stunts have become a little repetitive. I think she is much, much better than her brother. She and Helio don't have the chemistry that she and Apolo, but hell, I think Helio's a good 15-20 years older than her and more chemistry would be a little creepy.

Mel and Maks are simply the best dancing pair out there. She really does an incredible job on- and they do the dances right. They get the basics right almost all the time (which cannot be said for the other three) - Mel has lost as much weight at Marie, they are really well matched as partners - and there is enough chemistry to make the dance good, but not so much you want to holler, "Get a room".

You were seen! :cryingwlaughter:

If the Osmonds and their PR machine don't get out of my sight soon I'll quit watching the show until she's gone. I swear they blab and blab everywhere. Can't turn the fuckin TV on without looking at their toothy little faces and some new drama and tragedy to keep her on another week. She doesn't deserve to be on one more show! Yuck and Ugh. Hopefully it will backfire!

Jennie has improved but the real stars are Mel and Maks and Helio and Julienne. If all the stars are aligned just right, M&M should win. She is so funny and they do have tremendous chemistry.

I didn't mean to replace your name in View New Posts but sometimes I just like to talk!!!! :whistling-1:

Just heard Cheryl whatsherface talking about the likely winner and it's M&M. She does appreciate H&J but thinks it's time for a woman to win.

When asked who should go home tonight she said Marie then later said Jennie should also go home.

Tag your it!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Well shit :cry4: at least 10,000 immediate relatives and another 20,000 not immediate. One more week of all that spunkiness shit.

I have to wait a while for the show but if Jennie is not the one to go home in Marie's place then I'm going to wash my eyes out with lye! Wonder what tragedy the Osmonds will come up with this week?

O.K. new story for Marie, "will she find love again" and just how much weight has she lost. Why do you suppose it's all about the Osmonds?

does a small paso doble with Toots to celebrate the minor joy of having Jenny being kicked to the curb...

It's just voting next week right? Well, I squealed with joy to hear Len say when Tom asked him who should go home: "Well, the worst should go home, and that's neither of these. Saying that, Helio should stay." And he was absolutely right.

I hate that spunkiness shit so very much.

I was nestled snuggly in my bed with the covers up on my head because it was cold brrrrrrrrr cold. I like to watch TV in bed and thought my DVR was set to record DWTS just in case I drifted off to sleep, so all was well. SHIT, off to sleep I went, missed the very end of Bones, and DVR wasn't set to record anything!

:cry4:

Well KAndre we could have won with our Paso Doble last night because I was so mad our capes would be flying! :dance2: But, I'm glad it wasn't M&M or J&H.

Hey ansa, Julianne and Derek are also from the mormon community in Utah. They were called the blond Osmonds and have quite a large family.

Do you suppose the show has some way of insuring the best are in the finale and the worst go home? Nah, didn't think so! Another week of that spunkiness shit, hysterical laughter and all those teeth! I'm going to hell for that comment. Oh wait, I don't believe in hell. Whew.

O.K. now I'm officially pissed. Helio and Julianne did such a wonderful job with their free style, better than any I've ever seen and the stupid judges didn't give them a perfect score. What is with all the criticism against them especially the jive?

I thought Marie looked like a wooden doll alright, absolutely awful and should have been scored with no higher than a 3....that girl is getting on my last nerve. OMG she is such a twit! Her comment about being one of the top doll designers almost got a big PUKE from me! She's just so SEE ME about everything.

Perhaps I'm getting a little too involved here?

Toots steps back a bit until tonight, then................

KAndre drags her partner in crime back into the arena...

Oh, for once I thought the judges' scores were much more accurate - because they way inflated the scores last week. But they still were a bit inflated. And you are absolutely right, Marie shouldn't have gotten more than a 3 on that creepy-assed doll thingie.

Mel & Maks - their cha was good, but not great - not at all like last week's (and this article helps explain why). Their freestyle was really disjointed and really didn't flow like it should have. Certain elements were really good - and I did think the juxtaposition of the ballroom and club dancing (because it wasn't really hip hop) was sort of neat.

Marie just TOTALLY SUCKED. The samba sucked, the freestyle sucked, the outfits sucked donkey balls. Oh wait, one thing didn't suck. Her attitude. That BLEW CHUNKS.

Helio (who I think is a much better entertainer than Marie on the show) really just fucked up the footwork in the jive from the get go - I almost thought he was gonna trip for a second. Their freestyle was much more fun and energetic - but a lot of things were poorly executed, especially the tandem tumbles - Helio should have kept his legs straight. It was fun, just looked sloppy.

I think Mel should win and Helio take second - and they should just put Marie out of her misery.

Well crap, I just deleted my post by mistake.

O.K. where was I? You must have the eye of a critic because I didn't see :wub:my little cutie :wub: Helio do anything wrong. Maybe it's because Julianne flies around so fast I just miss the mistakes. I like Mel and Maks and if she or Helio win it will be fine. If that silly Marie wins then it will be cause for a very small rant. We'll have to see the silly girl and her silly brother all over TV for a few days whether she wins or not.

I'm listening to Clay's concert on my IPod and it's hard to concentrate because his lower register is back and I just love his lower register.. :hubbahubba:

Tonight my dear, I'm keeping everything that still crosses, crossed. :rolleyes: